Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think Railjack was good enough to stay in Railjack.

LIEBUST00

idk what you guys think about this update, but I think some RJ mission that added on this update is more like regular Warframe mission but add un-needed RJ part and more glitches (lag, bug, frame drops, etc) that even original RJ mission and WF mission didn't have.  

I like past RJ because it feels more playstyle added in WF, and new type of mission feels like we really fight in space.  Dog fight with enemies or snipe enemies with missile or whatever, it feels like we are fighting with battle ship.  Arch wing feels more like small interceptor space craft, and it do feel great for me.  I think all of this unique playstyle and difference between RJ and WF mission feels like I came inside of Star Wars, Star Track, or other space opera theme.  We fight in space with battleship and space crafts, and we fight on the ground with our weapons and WF skills.  

But now, RJ with regular WF mission feels like disappearing of characteristic of RJ.  All people should go inside to enemy ship, and do defense kind of thing... It feels just regular Warframe.  And this made me feel that RJ is useless and it cause more glitches.  Am I only one to think like this?  Or is there are any reason that Railjack should change to this way?   

I feel like there's potential and it could be really close to something great. My hope is that they're just testing the waters. Like theres the opportunity for split squads to be incentivized or even necessary somehow, and potentially a deeper integration of railjack missions into the regular starchart. It's definitely a weird flow stopper right now, but I hope they figure out a meaningful way for them to connect, whether it puts railjack first or ground missions first.

For example imagine if instead of forcing us to all file into the ship during the RJ mission, it just completes, and then opens up a node on the starchart for all party members' use once we've cleared the corresponding railjack area. So there's a particular group of missions that become like the "reward" of doing RJ, and they can naturally be shared, taxi'd to etc.

Say I want to farm...something specific that only shows up in some mission on Neptune, well what if the purpose of railjack was to create the mission type I wanted to show up on Neptune? Up to and including the possibility of bespoke void fissure missions? Theres some obvious matchmaking questions there, but it could be a compelling way to expand on the system as presented.

I definitely agree with this, I launch into railjack so that I can fly my ship around and shoot bad guys, not so that I can do that for five minutes and then get forced into a normal mission.  It would be cool if it required 2 players to go into the ship, while the others chill in the railjack and defend themselves.  Like how they had it for the early railjack stuff, but more extensive.  As is it's definitely really annoying and breaks the flow.  Especially when you go from railjack into a defense mission.

I kinda agree. There's no point in fancy railjack upgrades if there's 0 railjack combat involved. I enterjed to play railjack mode, but spent most of my time doing generic normal missions.

It would be fine if I could just ignore them and let somebody else do them, but NOOOoO! Everyone has to start the mission together and extract together.... I've already spent more time waiting for people than I did piloting my railjack.

Although doing a proper mission in a place you have to enter first is quite nice, I have to agree that the Railjack feels kind of sidelined in its own gamemode. I understand that maybe they still have to figure out some stuff with more complex objectives for the ship, but the lack of even a single Corpus Skirmish node is a little disappointing.

Can't agree more.  I don't see the point making ordinary missions as the main part for railjack. In this update, railjack is more like a transport ship sending players to old style missions. It would make no difference if you have a well built railjack or not.

Railjack missions should focus on space fights, however the update forces boots on the ground.

Gain point was popular because it's efficient, the new mode is not rewarding or efficient. It takes longer with the same rewards comparing to pre-update. As I see, exterminate missions are going to be the new, worse gain point. Once all new weapons and components of railjack is maxed out,I am not likely to touch it again. As there's almost no difference playing the old things. Previously I really do enjoy piloting my ship to have a fight, even if there is nothing useful I can get out of.

And that's maybe why RJ is now dead - RJ is just a big taxi to get you to a normal warframe mission. whoop. why not just play the normal warframe mission instead without the bother of the railjack part?

The objective that needed railjack and base assault was fine. RJ was the primary game mode. Now it seems, just sidelined. You can't even stay on board while the rest of the crew go do the fighting, there's no interaction between them. Its been solo-playered to death. I hate it, and I tend to play all (but defence and interception) missions solo out of preference.

I'm with you. I feel like we've lost an element of what makes Railjacks special by effectively making them vehicles to get to normal warframe missions. You could basically cut out all the railjack portions of current railjack misisions and nothing of value would be lost if, say, you made them into archwing missions instead. What's the point in having a fighter craft if you're just going to leave it?

Thank you guys to give your opinion of this issue.  I talk about this with my friend who play this game, and also clan and alliance members.  Almost everyone dislike this patch for many reason.  Most of reasons was dislike to play regular mission in RJ.  Even some players giving up to play RJ because of rank up Plexus with non space fight only RJ is too hard for them.  

I think some of this patch is totally understandable.  Tether was too op, so it had to be nerf.  Single friendly RJ change was very awesome, still have some personal complaint (we can't fully upgrade our crewmate.  This make we keep buying crewmate.  I can't use pretty one if his or her stats are not good 😢), but I love even I don't like 100% of this.  Many changes are awesome but everything is ruin because of this issue.  

My personal opinion is this.

1. Orphix mission with RJ is fine.  But other mission (mostly defense, but I think not just defense.  All the mission that we still can play in regular WF gameplay) is not fine for me.

2. We still can't spawn Necramech in regular WF missions.  Now, only place to rank up Necramech is RJ with regular WF missions.  I think Orphix is enough to rank up Necramech.  other mission was unnecessary to be in RJ.

3. All of this idea, if regular mission should be in RJ, we still need just RJ mission like Gian Point.  The problems of Gian Point was easy XP and credits, but this was the problem of Tether op issue.  Tether nerf made RJ harder then the past.  Why Gian Point should remove?  It is I guess only mission that RJ players really want to play and enjoy.  

4. Another problem of regular WF mission in RJ is our Railjack ship became useless.  It became just simple taxi or Uber.  Railjack is like car. Upgrade Railjack with wreckage, Avionic (a.k.a. mods), and Grid is make car into tank kind of job.  Pure non upgraded Railjack was paper plane, but fully upgraded Railjack was really space ship that we can fight in the battle.  Now, this kind of upgrade is almost useless.  You got serious damage, so your mission gonna fail?  Fix it with just few seconds, it will be fine.  I think past RJ mission was harder then now.  RJ mission is no longer fun as RJ.  It is just regular Warframe.  it feels like we walk across the Plains of Eidolon to play E-prime on earth.   

11 hours ago, ARTistness2015 said:

I definitely agree with this, I launch into railjack so that I can fly my ship around and shoot bad guys, not so that I can do that for five minutes and then get forced into a normal mission.  It would be cool if it required 2 players to go into the ship, while the others chill in the railjack and defend themselves.  Like how they had it for the early railjack stuff, but more extensive.  As is it's definitely really annoying and breaks the flow.  Especially when you go from railjack into a defense mission.

While that sounds nice for you, it would kill Railjack for a huge majority. Me included. Everyone plays Railjack to fly around and shoot things in the ship or their archwing. So i think having more space oriented missions is a better option. Forcing you to have multiple people really screws over those of us who do it solo so we can take our time and enjoy it. But the simply fact DE went the complete opposite route shows me they aren't actually listening to the players on this one >_>

14 часов назад, Jitsuryoku сказал:

I kinda agree. There's no point in fancy railjack upgrades if there's 0 railjack combat involved. I enterjed to play railjack mode, but spent most of my time doing generic normal missions.

Scarlet Spear Corpus Edition

4 hours ago, iChem said:

While that sounds nice for you, it would kill Railjack for a huge majority. Me included. Everyone plays Railjack to fly around and shoot things in the ship or their archwing. So i think having more space oriented missions is a better option. Forcing you to have multiple people really screws over those of us who do it solo so we can take our time and enjoy it. But the simply fact DE went the complete opposite route shows me they aren't actually listening to the players on this one >_>

well, guess what? 49 pages of us telling them what not to do and why, and they literally didn't give a damn abt it. Tells you enough.

They downgraded the UI back to what is old and consumed because it's easier to keep it upgraded between patches, also less ppl to pay. Also, it's now another formafest and endofarm to upgrade everything, to what purpose is beyond me given that the content is bound to Rj only and that's it. Pretty much an incredibly poor thought out and delivered experience, especially the energy management part. Simply retarded game design.

Yeah, between having new RJ content (which is good), and new RJ mechanics (which is great), I kinda wanna fly my ship.

Not suddenly run a full-length Exterminate or Defense mission right in the middle of the space combat:

• "Tenno, this Corpus ship's reactor is about to melt down."
  • "Okay, cool."
  • "No, not cool. You have to keep the temperature stable."
  • "Wait, what? Since when do we fix Corpus reactors in Railjack?"
  • "Also, the air-conditioning is out on Deck 8. And the vending machines are all out of Sun Chips.

Edit: Having played a bit more RJ since the update, I'm really enjoying the ship to ship combat, and there are still missions that focus on that. I'd just like to see more of them added, to balance out the new content where the Railjack is sometimes essentially an APC to get you to the conventional mission.

Although I couldn't resist a poking a little fun at one of the mission types, above, I'm genuinely impressed with the update. The fact that I'm hoping for more of it, and more missions that emphasize flying around in the ship blasting enemies, demonstrates how much DE has done to expand the playability of this mode.

I don't mind having full on-foot missions in the middle of Railjack - in fact, I think it makes the whole game mode "more Warframe". If you play in a premade group, there's a real nice flow in doing RJ->mission->RJ->mission that's not quite as fun when you do mission->mission->mission. Railjack sessions are a fun "breather" between missions and the lack of visible loading screens isn't just immersive, it feeds into that "one more run" feeling.

However, to make it really sing, it needs a bit more connectivity, each mission should have an effect on the next mission - bounty runs, after all, do the same. Doing well on the RJ part should give you a benefit on the on-foot mission and vice versa. Volatile kiiiind of does that but they really need to double down on that.

Also, doing more missions in a row should add some affinity/credit/loot bonus like other endless missions. Because as fun as doing a Railjack run is, it's not super-rewarding compared to doing the same with just regular missions. I don't need Railjack to be the "next Helene" or something, but RJ's whole point is connectivity, reward people for capitalising on that aspect.

2 hours ago, XxNimrodxX said:

They downgraded the UI back to what is old

Yes, and that bit is fine - the old UI wasn't great, and ratonalising it to look like the other mod UI is not a problem. The idea that it now needs forma and endo - you alwaysneeded that, just called different things (ie reactor upgrades and dirac). There are several good changes with this update, lets not get sidetracked with triviality like the UI because that will let them off the hook for the absolute carnage damage they did to the whole spirit of railjack.

33 minutes ago, EtherPigeon said:

there's a real nice flow in doing RJ->mission->RJ->mission

No there';s no "flow" there. Its slow and awful. The old RJ missions have disappeared and its mission -> interactive loading screen -> mission. The RJ part is so superficial its an irrelevance and acts only as a stopper to gettiung to a mission, if you want to polay missions, play missions. If you want to play RJ, well, now you're playing missions.

8 hours ago, EtherPigeon said:

I don't mind having full on-foot missions in the middle of Railjack - in fact, I think it makes the whole game mode "more Warframe". If you play in a premade group, there's a real nice flow in doing RJ->mission->RJ->mission that's not quite as fun when you do mission->mission->mission. Railjack sessions are a fun "breather" between missions and the lack of visible loading screens isn't just immersive, it feeds into that "one more run" feeling.

However, to make it really sing, it needs a bit more connectivity, each mission should have an effect on the next mission - bounty runs, after all, do the same. Doing well on the RJ part should give you a benefit on the on-foot mission and vice versa. Volatile kiiiind of does that but they really need to double down on that.

Also, doing more missions in a row should add some affinity/credit/loot bonus like other endless missions. Because as fun as doing a Railjack run is, it's not super-rewarding compared to doing the same with just regular missions. I don't need Railjack to be the "next Helene" or something, but RJ's whole point is connectivity, reward people for capitalising on that aspect.

I think that last change would be nice to implement alongside providing some more clarity on the rewards and materials being banked by clients, and when that happens. Which I don't think would bring a net increase to the quit rate. People bail anyway right now, but even if a few more would leave earlier to bank (and spend) their rewards, this may be offset by the number who would stick around a bit longer and not run straight to the Navigation console. Because they don't get cold feet about putting an hour into it and possibly losing their stuff.

Having to switch to old mission types during railjack breaks the flow of the game mode. I like having side missions in the interior, but having to close off the space combat entirely for a boring defense or orphix segment is the wrong method.

I wanna fly my RJ and shoot the enemies, right now the RJ fight has been nerfed so bad that it is not fun anymore, just a small intermission between regular missions...

The coolest part of RJ was that it was not just another Warframe mission.

Also the Gian point abuse is completely stupid in my opinion, we had team matches of 2 minute rounds that was hell of a lot of fun. What I think is that because of the complete nerfing of all RJ stuff to the point they are almost useless, missions that were RJ only could no longer be played.

5 minutes ago, emperor_kk said:

Also the Gian point abuse is completely stupid in my opinion, we had team matches of 2 minute rounds that was hell of a lot of fun. What I think is that because of the complete nerfing of all RJ stuff to the point they are almost useless, missions that were RJ only could no longer be played.

I think seeking out best methods is hardly abuse, when it takes 200 hours (on average) to get 1 part required to max out your RJ....

Anyways, I think nerfing RJ content to make it noob friendly and giving us Void Hole, and other huge AoE stuff were the biggest mistakes in that regard. Warframe normal missions are mostly as boring they are, because once you get to a certain point (get specific weapons or frames) you run through a room without aiming and everything dies. Now the problem got transfered to RJ, within like 3 months of release.

As a result, on top of having ~600 hours of grind(maybe less now) to RJ completion, the grind became boring 2 buttom spam for pilot and an errand for the engineer. Now it got even worse, because pilots became self sufficient with operator energy dash (maybe slower). Sure it might only be 100 hours now, but the "boring" part hardly changed.

On 2021-03-21 at 2:46 AM, emperor_kk said:

Gian Point was to Railjack as Draco interception was to leveling back in the day (and before the planet shuffle)

All i can add is they should look at scarlet Spear. 
let us be free to do whatever in space. tenno can go into ship for defense or assassination or whatever and the others can keep fighting in space. For endless missions like defense, the enemies will scale outside as they do inside. 

Anyone who stayed outside in the railjack during SS knows how challenging it was out there.. challenging and fun. I mostly did it solo cos every other tenno went into the sentient ship. I would go in, drop my uplink, give them a massive limbo bubble and warp out to my railjack to shoot stuff in space. by the 4th download/upload..(cant remember what space teams were to do again 😅) it was hectic...  by 5th, it was almost unplayable.. because my railjack couldn't give what it didn't have. Corpus railjack was supposed to provide the tools to make my railjack more powerful but we find ourselves using it as a taxi instead.    

the best DE can do for now is to allow everything in a railjack mission happen side by side as they did before.  If i can go into a derelict to get stuff without breaking the mission flow, why cant same happen with the corpus ships/bases? 

I like the ground missions, but I do wish there was more Railjack in Railjack. Wouldn't it be something if the ground missions were handled by a group of Tenno we sent a space beacon to and they could opt in to helping us which would provide both group increased rewards, or opt out making our Railjack mission take longer... *wink wink*

I agree with the overall thought

RJ is a really interesting system that could act as a linkage between other mission types and as a stand-alone mode for various mission types. 

while my dream is to start in a mission, get a RJ pickup, go to orbit/void, complete a mission, then finish with another mission, seamlessly (or any other variant f the mentioned aspects) having railjack taken over with effectively endless ground-missions is something of a letdown. 

there's plenty of room for further variety in RJ/crew co-operative missions for systematic destruction of stations, hidey-holes, pirate bases and carriers/ships but I like the idea of railjack enough to not want it overly-invested in making people play the ground-game while nominally in a space-based mode.

also, the boarded stations could use more outside facing features. 

like tubemen rooms that look out over the space-combat as you fight towards the objective, corpus gantries/corridoors that line the outside of ships, command chambers that have terminals facing outward windows. things to better link the times you spend infiltrating objectives to the action outside.

destructible crew manable turrets inside ships larger than the crewships would also be a nice to have, the missile/boarding-pods are ok as "hurriers" but those features should be reflected in the inside of the infiltrated ships/stations as well to let us reduce the enemies capacity to do-violence to the RJ. it would also link in nicely to extra sabotage mission objective types (take out manufacture and munitions factories/stockpiles/resource-dumps) and allow for missions against heavily fortified areas where the railjack gets zoned-out by defence satelites and warframes have the option to infiltrate these and take out their railjack weapons, have others as RJ killable objects and a middle ground where they are effectively "immobile" crewships with some serious firepower and dedicated firing-arcs of "danger" beam/munitions/minefield to work around. 

basically make the "terrain" within railjack have more (but not excessive, it needs to be a feature not simply endless minefields) interactive elements so you are not simply zipping around face-rolling all the fighters, turrets and crewships that turn up.

• 1 month later...

Archived