Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban vortex not working as intended? [Investigating]

Marty_and_the_Pinheads

I was literally about to post about this as well because I like playing Vooben in ESO for the grouping and I thought this was just an ESO issue at first. Then, I test it out in Simulacrum, same sort of downwards gravity effect. And, to add to this instead of just repeating the main issue, ability range isn't the issue as I tested it with no range upgrades, same jelly physics. So, it doesn't seem like build issues, but if anyone else wants to test out the other stats, go right ahead.

Vauban's Vortex has this issue, as does his tether coils. Tether drags enemies across the ground a short way before they end up getting stuck, often times a considerable distance from the trap itself, making it considerably less effective than intended.

12 minutes ago, Fraggimus said:

Vauban's Vortex has this issue, as does his tether coils. Tether drags enemies across the ground a short way before they end up getting stuck, often times a considerable distance from the trap itself, making it considerably less effective than intended.

I've been talking about the tether issue for what feels like over a year, they suck. They just cause the enemies to drop and lye in place. If you throw it above them it just barely pulls them up and they swing around the room. Whereas they used to be strongly pulled in, so much so that when you'd ground slam them they'd fly out and then get yanked back in.

I've noticed a similar problem with the vortex phase, when the attraction point is above ground level:  The mobs just lie on the ground and twitch.

In terms of pure effectiveness for crowd-control, it's equal, but it's much less fun.  I mean, if you're going to gun down a Grineer for points, at least let them fly like a bird first...

Archived