Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black Rectangle of BLOOM

Shiagur

Every now and then, I see a big old black rectangle flash up on my screen.

I don't think It's specific to any tile set because I have seen it pop up quite a few times, but this time I found a spot to reproduce it. 

I was doing a railjack mission in the veil proxima mission nsu grid. In the grineer station there was a spot where you can see the rectangle flash up, but you have to be pixel perfect for it to stay on the screen.

I tested if changing my display options would change anything and noticed that the smaller rectangle at the top disappears when I disable the glare display option, but the big one stays.

When I disable bloom both rectangles disappear, even when I swing my mouse around.

Also, I noticed the small rectangle has a small red line at the top and a small red line at the bottom, while the big one doesn't seem to have any colors other than black.

I have a Radeon RX 480 Graphics card and my graphics driver is the Radeon Softwareversion 20.11.3, which I will update right after I posted this and then see if that fixed my issue.   

Spoiler

F3314C274413B584D369FA2F323243A63EE2EEB5

Can confirm seeing this too. At first I thought that was my video card dying - glad to see that it wasn't.

I believe this is some kind of large visual effect sprite which doesn't render properly. Rather than rendering with its proper shader and transparency, the entire image renders as just a black shape. I've seen this with bugs in other games, such as CoD Warzone drawing the gas cloud as black squares, instead. Just a question of which effect is doing it.

Been seeing this a lot too. Perhaps also related to GPU drivers? I'm running a Radeon RX 5500XT on Radeon Software version 21.3.1. There's an update for 21.3.2 that I'm currently installing. Will report back if the issue continues.

UPDATE: Radeon Software 21.3.2 has greatly reduced the black rectangles that I see. They still occur, but it is far less frequent and far less noticeable. I've found they're easiest to reproduce on the Venus settlement tiles where there's a lot of light and rock texture and on the Earth tiles during the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw that during a Kuva mission on Eris. Some other player or enemy was doing something and that rectangle kept showing in my field of view and it moved away when I turned away from it, coming back when I looked back at it.  I think it's some visual effect that was not rendering, maybe some glitched shader. I didn't know if was something wrong with my drivers or a conflict with some other program running at the same time, but now I see I'm not the only one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It looks like this might only be tangentially related to OP's problem, but I have the same black boxes appear during kuva missions; when looking at a kuva siphon and more than a few meters away from it (about 5 or so, it's not 100% consistent), a black box will cover most of my screen, and 'follow' the kuva siphon. It disappears when the kuva siphon exits my FoV. This bug appears on all tiles/tilesets. Kuva siphons are the only things that summon these boxes for me.

I have a radeon 5700 xt; given that other people in this thread all seem to have amd cards, it may have something to do with graphics drivers, though I've updated my drivers at least once since the issue began and the boxes stayed.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb redeyedtreefrog:

It looks like this might only be tangentially related to OP's problem, but I have the same black boxes appear during kuva missions; when looking at a kuva siphon and more than a few meters away from it (about 5 or so, it's not 100% consistent), a black box will cover most of my screen, and 'follow' the kuva siphon. It disappears when the kuva siphon exits my FoV. This bug appears on all tiles/tilesets. Kuva siphons are the only things that summon these boxes for me.

I have a radeon 5700 xt; given that other people in this thread all seem to have amd cards, it may have something to do with graphics drivers, though I've updated my drivers at least once since the issue began and the boxes stayed.

Could you try turning bloom off and see if that also removes the rectangle? If it does, then it's probably the same / a very similar problem.

8 hours ago, Shiagur said:

Could you try turning bloom off and see if that also removes the rectangle? If it does, then it's probably the same / a very similar problem.

I tried out a kuva flood mission, and the tile was a bit of an unlucky one without very many good sightlines, but it does appear that turning off bloom has fixed it. Knowing this, I'll test out the new graphics engine thing that is apparently ready-to-use and see if the issue is also present there.

Archived