Railjack just feels like a taxi now

The thing that felt unique to railjack was the fact that everyone had his own role and you would have to manage those efficiently in order to complete the mission. All of that is gone now and railjack is literally nothing more than a taxi, where 10% of the mission is you going from point A to point B and 90% is you doing missions like we've always done in the regular star chart. What's the point?

• Like 45

That's always what it was supposed to be, another layer on top of the current game. The point is that its added complexity layering. You can still go out in AW and fight spaceships if you want, or you can rush to do the objective. Personally, I like this direction.

• Like 12
On 2021-03-19 at 10:26 PM, SeRialPiXel said:

The thing that felt unique to railjack was the fact that everyone had his own role and you would have to manage those efficiently in order to complete the mission. All of that is gone now and railjack is literally nothing more than a taxi, where 10% of the mission is you going from point A to point B and 90% is you doing missions like we've always done in the regular star chart. What's the point?

To tell you the truth i was expecting (as new mission modes) RAILJACK defense where we defend some structure ship cargo WHATEVER with our RAILJACK
Not railjack defense we have now which is what u just described

Its like promising naval battle in your game in reality you get to sail ur ship to an island and do battle on foot on that island with ur ennemy
Just WTF?

EDIT BELOW
---------------------
Just wanted to add we already have (with archwing but still - nothing prevents it to have these as RJ missions)
- Mobie defense
- Assault (rush)
- Interception
- Capture (saturn - pandora pursuit)

So wtf is wrong with having it as RJ missions?
Its like orphix mission would allow us only to move with necramechs but we could only kill orphix with warframe? 
I just dont get it and makes me sad when i think about it

Edited by ZeroX4
  • Like 31

I agree. The killed the mode for me. I hired some crew and I just wait around and then I jump off the ship and run a normal warframe mission. It is boring junk when it used to be fun to actually do space battles. I hate it.

• Like 25

On the one hand, I do see what you mean, it's quite de-emphasised.

On the other, I do feel like if it's too much 'jack, things could get repetitive - which if the idea is to blend the game modes more for more variety, defeats the purpose. Skirmish was always very front-loaded Railjack if you wanted to do it safely (especially solo) - clear out fighters and crewships, which is usually 90% Railjack, and then clear the points of interest, which was 90% ground.

Corpus Proxima has less actual Railjack, but it paces it better. The 'priority targets' help by getting you to switch from playstyle to playstyle a little more. I think a longer 'skirmish' phase would help, or perhaps a more in-depth post-away segment would help. 

• Like 5
vor 31 Minuten schrieb Aldain:

It always was just a taxi.

Except in Scarlet Spear, in which it was a U-haul truck.

Yes...
and there are too many extremely good games for spaceships. there is often a good story. and i can name a lot of titles here.

warframe devs can never compete here. other devs specialize in it. and the strength of warframe is not a railjack .... i like turrents and so on ... but unfortunately that is boring content.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

Yes...
and there are too many extremely good games for spaceships. there is often a good story. and i can name a lot of titles here.

Funnily enough,  I can't think of more than 2 and a half.

• No Man's Sky
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Star Citizen

That said, They've definitely made RailJack more Warframe though and that's what many asked for— I think the thing I liked about it was that it felt fairly distinct from what Warframe had become though and felt a bit more stripped down like Warframe was years ago.

It definitely needed more( and certainly needed some better parity) though so I hope the changes gain it mass acceptance.

I think they hit it off. Railjack is definitely easier to get into now, the crew changes were great, the new missions are interesting and the rewards are amazing. But you can only really tell after weeks of playing. Will I still play this gamemode after 3 months? I don't know yet.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Funnily enough,  I can't think of more than 2 and a half.

• No Man's Sky
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Star Citizen

I'd like to add Everspace 2 to that list, it's only in Early Access but damn if it isn't good.

Unrelated to that though I'd say it is better if they work on being a soft hybrid than trying to be two things at once, if they can have Railjack be a method of getting to missions mainly with some Railjack objectives in between I think that would be a good way for it to be the "bridge" between the content islands.

But that's just me.

Edited by Aldain
3 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I think they hit it off. Railjack is definitely easier to get into now, the crew changes were great, the new missions are interesting and the rewards are amazing. But you can only really tell after weeks of playing. Will I still play this gamemode after 3 months? I don't know yet.

I detest the missions. They are long and it is not RJ. It is taxi and then hop into a normal warframe mission.

• Like 11
28 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'd like to add Everspace 2 to that list, it's only in Early Access but damn if it isn't good.

Unrelated to that though I'd say it is better if they work on being a soft hybrid than trying to be two things at once, if they can have Railjack be a method of getting to missions mainly with some Railjack objectives in between I think that would be a good way for it to be the "bridge" between the content islands.

But that's just me.

Dont forget the new X4 foundations 

• Like 1
vor 2 Minuten schrieb bad4youLT:

Dont forget the new X4 foundations 

yes .. i played the first game and watched the demo on cd for ages. that was extremely something special .... graphics, sounds, etc. were unaffected at the time.

i like warframe and i like DE devs a lot too. but warframe devs have no chance here. there are simply too good devs who love their projects and give everything. and you can see that straight away with railjack history ... the strength of warframe is not a railjack ...

• Like 1

I agree with the taxi statement 100%. I played for 1 hour and it’s still the same boring stuff. Step 1 board a RJ, step 2 sit in turret and shoot a couple things, step 3 profit. The integration of regular missions just kills it. If I wanted to play those why would I do it in RJ it takes longer with 0 special rewards I cant get easier somewhere else.

• Like 5

As some have said, it's supposed to be that way. RJ should never have been strictly by itself. It was supposed to mesh game modes together and instead it removed most of our arsenal for a new content island. Now it's being used to actually play the game we love and you're saying you want the content island back?

I like this way. It feels more like Warframe now.

That being said, it needs to WORK in order to properly enjoy it. So many unopenable door bugs and progress freezes make me hate the mode right now.

• Like 6

I need to some time to get familiar with the changes, however broadly speaking... I like this. Hell, imagine the sorties now; start off with the railjack into somewhere, then you get out into the railjack to go to anyther system, ect.

I actually like Railjack gameplay. I think it holds up compared to many other dedicated space games. Unfortunately many don't agree with me and take just wanted a taxi in between regular Warframe grind. But at the same time, this same vocal group seem to only want to grind the same corridor missions without variation. 

• Like 10

Even more so  with the forced instanced ship missions.

Everyone is forcefully teleported in and it's a completely separate mission now.
You can't send some people to deal with the ship, others killing stuff in space and going after other objectives.

• Like 6

When the crew is split up and doing different things, the railjack functions well as a hub/safe haven. But then once you start the main objective, it stops being a railjack mission. It would be cooler if there were some objectives for the railjack to do while the main objective was being delt with. Like what if you had to stop a crewship full of those orb guys from docking with the Obelisk, or there would be a swarm of them for the Tenno doing the main objective. That would make these modes a little more distinct.

• Like 3

I like the direction, but I don't like the implementation. Being forced to do a generic 5 wave defence to complete a railjack mission is not fun.

I thought that going on to the ship would be an alternative option to achieve the same goal but, it is a required path that takes away from actually using the Railjack. I don't like defence missions and I assumed the new mission types would be new RJ missions.

We manage to get on enemy ships all the time without having a RJ shoot some nodes on the outside, doing the RJ part and onfoot part should speed up the mission leaving the option to do either/or as a slower one with less effort needed.

• Like 2

Future missions I feel should be 50/50 split.  I wanna rj more. Not defense. for 95% of it.  Orphix venom space did it well for a mix, and Volatile does too.

6 hours ago, SaberSentinel said:

As some have said, it's supposed to be that way. RJ should never have been strictly by itself. It was supposed to mesh game modes together and instead it removed most of our arsenal for a new content island. Now it's being used to actually play the game we love and you're saying you want the content island back?

I like this way. It feels more like Warframe now.

That being said, it needs to WORK in order to properly enjoy it. So many unopenable door bugs and progress freezes make me hate the mode right now.

It doesn't "mesh" anything together. Meshing things together would be their initial presentation of some players running the railjack while others take care of a ground mission. You know what kinda worked like that? Old railjack secondary objectives, which someone could advance/complete while the railjack crew dealt with the space fighting. Of course, DE screwed it up and everyone just double-cheesed Gian Point instead, but a prototype of what railjack could have been was already there. Now for whatever reason they moved further away from that original vision and into what I can only describe as a mockery of it.

• Like 10

The thing that gets me is that this is just so damn easy to fix conceptually.

We already have secondary objectives that don't force the entire team to partake in them, and don't remove the railjack side of the game from the missions. Just implement that and were all set.

The RJ integration should be about making the RJ and aspects of it another optional playstyle for the game by and large. Not whatever this joke of tacking game modes onto it that make the RJ part of the mission cease existing.

Its like DE aren't even gamers. Just business dudes trying to make a game they think gamers want.

Fix this aspect of RJ and half the battle is won. Then just let each player that joins the host take along 1 of their own crew members, and let the hosts crew remain if more players don't join, so each RJ keeps 4 AI dudes so having the entire team away from the ship doesn't leave it without support for objectives that keep us away for extended periods of time.

• Like 2

Just remove the forced instance (and likely get rid of defense that causes issues with this).

It gives people freedom to choose how to play.

• Like 2