Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ruining life for high tier railjack players

Mk.pony

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I mean it's the same with credits. Some sit at 999.999.999 and are confused about it as well how others struggle and or complain about credit costs. I stated on why things are how things are.

However, no update in the past removed player progression the way this one did. And that's the issue. None of it were present if they just gave us the mods maxed to those that had railjack maxed. Even if the mods didn't have endo cost, I'd still complain about the credits cost. So even if I'd spend the endo, there's still the costs of the millions of credits that DE compensated us in which way..? None at all. So back to grinding!

Just be happy you're not affected I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I know people with millions of endo, but I'm sure they're also not gonna like how this update ended up.

I mean point taken I'm just trying to wrap my brain around how I ended up AHEAD in endo after taking out all considerations like existing dirac etc it cost me less to max all my old RJ stuff again and others are saying it cost more, I can't figure it out. And credits I think it cost 9 million so not too bad there.

As someone who was really excited for the corpus RJ update and was preparing to return for it (after playing and enjoying a lot of the old RJ content), the new changes made me not even want to install the update.

I voiced my concerns in the workshop thread, but that one turned out to be completely uselss, since they rolled out the update so soon after creating it that there would be no way for them to even bother addressing the major concerns people had.

A lot of, in my opinion, terrible design desicions that were clearly not even considered once. Warframe energy for RJ? Seriously? Have not one person slowed down for a second and said "hey guys maybe this is not such a hot idea"?

And to add insult to injury, from what I have read, the conversion from old progression to new is a complete joke, and I will be forced to re-grind the same crap again just because. I have played the game quite a bit, but I don't have endless stockpiles of credits and endo like some people out there just to max out a bunch of 10 rank mods to get my RJ to be at least closer to its former self.

This update, in my opinion, is a huge set back for RJ. What pains me is that a lot of decisions were made CLEARLY without proper consideration.

11 hours ago, Mk.pony said:

but I want to explore high lvl content right now,

That's your problem right there.

when i started the game after the update the first thing i did was start clearing the proxima star chart and did all the side missions.

i managed to get a few MK1 hulls which i immediately started building as they gave me more than double what i have at base.

i had enough plates acquired just clearing the proxima regions , and by the time i had got to pluto i had more hull wreckage and some new MK2 weapons.

I put the mk2 weapons in repair.

i then proceeded to go to sleep.

i woke up , with a new hull waiting for me , slapped it on and cleared pluto and got to veil proxima with the weapons i acquired (electric damage mostly).

Electric damage is excellent against corpus ships and seems to have some small AOE as well i think, gonna be my target to get for MK3 once i clear the veil.

Carcinnox now does toxin damage , which bypasses shields as well and there are new mods that allow your crit effects to bypass shields.,

Maybe if you stopped trying to get everything immediately you would not feel so stressed out and realise there are more things to do.

1 минуту назад, 0_The_F00l сказал:

That's your problem right there.

when i started the game after the update the first thing i did was start clearing the proxima star chart and did all the side missions.

i managed to get a few MK1 hulls which i immediately started building as they gave me more than double what i have at base.

i had enough plates acquired just clearing the proxima regions , and by the time i had got to pluto i had more hull wreckage and some new MK2 weapons.

I put the mk2 weapons in repair.

i then proceeded to go to sleep.

i woke up , with a new hull waiting for me , slapped it on and cleared pluto and got to veil proxima with the weapons i acquired (electric damage mostly).

Electric damage is excellent against corpus ships and seems to have some small AOE as well i think, gonna be my target to get for MK3 once i clear the veil.

Carcinnox now does toxin damage , which bypasses shields as well and there are new mods that allow your crit effects to bypass shields.,

Maybe if you stopped trying to get everything immediately you would not feel so stressed out and realise there are more things to do.

Maybe if you stopped pretending that reseting players progress is acceptable - others would listen to you. I don't see how locking somebody from content he was up too is a good idea. But go on, keep on trying to prove is was a right decision.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

This is what I'm not understanding honestly, work with me here. So before the update I had just shy of 300K endo. After the update I had 750K. I maxed 1 of every new Railjack mod and now I have 580K endo. I haven't dissolved any mods. So why are players running out? Oh I also had 200K dirac which has been converted to Endo. All that puts me 80K UP not down so how does that work.

I am with you 100% on the mod grid thing cos I like to experiment with builds and this will not help that at all.

I think i can speculate, cause i am in a similar position.

We need to understand there are three things happening here,

1) Dirac to endo 1:1 conversion

2) Avionics to mods (maxed as well as unmaxed) 10: 8 rank conversion

3) Discontinuation of some avionics,

emphasis on point 3, so if i have a rare gold mod and i melt it i get a cool 20 - 30K endo or so , which is what i assumed happened.

the Avionics that got discontinued did not give endo equal to dirac that was used , they gave back endo as if they always were mods to begin with.

i noticed there are far far fewer mods than there were avionics, so the amount we got back could very easily have been in the 300K range if you had all you avionics maxed and the calculations considered all of these as gold rank mods.

4 minutes ago, Unibot said:

Maybe if you stopped pretending that reseting players progress is acceptable - others would listen to you. I don't see how locking somebody from content he was up too is a good idea. But go on, keep on trying to prove is was a right decision.

I have no need for others to listen to me to feel validated, i am capable of forming my own opinions even if others don't agree with them.

And nobody is "locked" from where they were ,

As per OPs own admittance , he can very easily do the grineer proxima regions with what he has currently,

He is unwilling to progress though the actually NEW game system and is complaining about it cause actually playing the game is apparently an injustice.

11 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I think i can speculate, cause i am in a similar position.

We need to understand there are three things happening here,

1) Dirac to endo 1:1 conversion

2) Avionics to mods (maxed as well as unmaxed) 10: 8 rank conversion

3) Discontinuation of some avionics,

emphasis on point 3, so if i have a rare gold mod and i melt it i get a cool 20 - 30K endo or so , which is what i assumed happened.

the Avionics that got discontinued did not give endo equal to dirac that was used , they gave back endo as if they always were mods to begin with.

i noticed there are far far fewer mods than there were avionics, so the amount we got back could very easily have been in the 300K range if you had all you avionics maxed and the calculations considered all of these as gold rank mods.

See I did wonder that as well but what's got me buggered is this part of the Update notes

"Now let’s talk AVIONICS. Before you even think of departing, you’ll want to revisit your Railjack’s Avionics, which have been redone as... Railjack MODS

That’s right, Avionics are no more. This entire system has been completely overhauled, including Avionics being turned into regular Mods, so everything has been unequipped and reset. Gone are the days of upgradeable Grid slots, and praying that your Host’s Railjack has the Avionics you want to use. In fact, you aren’t even equipping things on the Railjack itself anymore…"

That bolded section led me to believe that the avionics that are no more would be converted into other avionics that still exist which would explain why I have 900 of a few of them despite only having at best 500 of any given avionic before the update. And I haven't dissolved any yet so that should all be accounted for. I even wondered if it might be just scrap wreckage but that hasn't actually disappeared, I still have 29/30 wreckage and all my existing stuff.

4 hours ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

I barely touch rivens, I dissolve my duplicate mods, and I trade in my statues.  There are just a whole lot of useful mods to upgrade.

Seriously? How in the hell do you not have enough endo? I pretty much got all of the mods that I'll ever need maxed out AND I have tons of rivens, and I recently had to max out some of the RJ mods, and I still have 300000 endo xD

11 hours ago, Greendyes said:

I of any people should have a solid right to speak about Railjack, done every node 30x, got all the S#&$ done fused and maxed, maxed intrinsics and saved upto 1.1 MILLION dirac.
After joining the game after the update i was thrilled by seeing that lovely endo in my account, only to realize that in the end i'd have to pay a very nice 70K endo and 5mil credits just to get my railjack back to a shadow of what it was before the update. HP, armor and shields where gone, tether has been nerfed to death (honestly the least of my bothers, didn't use it myself) only to find out that the missions we got where a point-black copy+paste that we already had. and that the "new" gun, the Carmine Penta, needs 4 drops to build (for which we don't know the places or the dropchances) and is a reskin of the already existing Penta with the only difference being fire rate and a mag capacity.

Also, DEFENCE DE? really? Out of all the things THIS is the thing you think the players wanted? 

In the end i'll still play railjack, gotta keep myself busy after all. But this update... Nah, this ain't it chief. one of DE's main focus (according to them) was to make railjack more streamlined, taking what we had in the Gian Point node and use it to improve other stuff as people liked the quick and easy gain from that specific node. but nah screw that these missions take 10-15 minutes to complete, rewards are meh to say the least and having all the stuff that we loved, and nerved them not only into the ground, but to hell 5x over.

The Endo refund is a joke, as a person who received the 3rd tier of the early addopters bundle i got 49.000 endo. which doesn't even come close to maxing the mods that i had on the railjack before out.

Personally I like this new RJ way better, THe new extra mission objectives in Corpus RJ missions really bring a change of pace when doing them instead of just staying in your ship while your team does nothing at all. And also, personally, Gian Point was honestly ass imo, hated the vibes that it enforced.

Also, how in the hell do you have all that endo and you STILL STRUGGLE with bringing your RJ back to speed??? I don't think I have as many dirac as you did, I came on and saw that I have 300000 endo which was MOOORREE than enough to upgrade my existing mods to max. You should have more than a million endo after you went in...

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

That led me to believe that the avionics that are no more would be converted into other avionics that still exist which would explain why I have 900 of a few of them despite only having at best 500 of any given avionic before the update. And I haven't dissolved any yet so that should all be accounted for.

i wont be able to comment as i am not sure how the process of avionics to mods went and what calculations were used.

And as i said , its only speculation so far , but seems plausible in my mind.

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

i wont be able to comment as i am not sure how the process of avionics to mods went and what calculations were used.

And as i said , its only speculation so far , but seems plausible in my mind.

Yeh you're probably right, it feels like they did something wrong in the calculations or some particulars became endo perhaps., I don't know, it's weird, I was trying to figure it out for ages lol.

Yeah I was hyped about the update, until I realized it was a grindception in disguise. I mean, I had a top tier RJ with 6k health and top tier speed/boost and everything and as soon as I took off after the update, my Railjack felt slow and weak. My maxed out mods are no longer maxed out, some of them are missing and I'll probably have to throw in forma after forma to get it back to its former glory. 

One question lingers in my mind. Why ? 

11 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Yeah I was hyped about the update, until I realized it was a grindception in disguise. I mean, I had a top tier RJ with 6k health and top tier speed/boost and everything and as soon as I took off after the update, my Railjack felt slow and weak. My maxed out mods are no longer maxed out, some of them are missing and I'll probably have to throw in forma after forma to get it back to its former glory. 

One question lingers in my mind. Why ? 

Just cause. Probably it would have been a headache to try to compensate for everything so we got this.

Well at least there are stock platings. And the plating you get in missions are much better now.

Originally I also had 6k health but thanks to the Lavan plating I have nearly 10k hull and around 3k armor. Which is not bad at all.

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mean point taken I'm just trying to wrap my brain around how I ended up AHEAD in endo after taking out all considerations like existing dirac etc it cost me less to max all my old RJ stuff again and others are saying it cost more, I can't figure it out. And credits I think it cost 9 million so not too bad there.

I think this is the difference between "Veterans" and "MR30". I'm pretty annoyed at some of the comments here because of all the complaints about endo. For the experienced players that purchase and max primed mods, I understand why it happens. I know lots of players that grind Arbitration because endo indirectly gets converted into plat, they always need endo and sculptures but they don't act like victims and "the entire system has been turned against them".

I run animal instinct/loot radar on every loadout. I vacuum up every mod and resource I can get my greasy hands on. I look for sculptures in almost every mission, and I mark them too. When I mark sculptures, only some players actually come to get them. Have I seen a trend of players that refuse to grab sculptures? Yes. Some "high-tier" high MR players have in fact typed into squad chat "don't mark trash" and choose to sit at extraction hurriedly tapping on the waypoint button.

Some players rush through the mission and don't look for loot. I think that's why some high MR players are starved for endo.

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

I think this is the difference between "Veterans" and "MR30". I'm pretty annoyed at OP because of all the complaints about endo. For the experienced players that purchase and max primed mods, I understand why it happens. I know lots of players that grind Arbitration because endo indirectly gets converted into plat, they always need endo and sculptures but they don't act like victims and "the entire system has been turned against them".

I run animal instinct/loot radar on every loadout. I vacuum up every mod and resource I can get my greasy hands on. I look for sculptures in almost every mission, and I mark them too. When I mark sculptures, only some players actually come to get them. Have I seen a trend of players that refuse to grab sculptures? Yes. Some "high-tier" high MR players have in fact typed into squad chat "don't mark trash" and choose to sit at extraction hurriedly tapping on the waypoint button.

Some players rush through the mission and don't look for loot. I think that's why some high MR players are starved for endo.

I mean I used to do Arbi runs for endo stockpiling like I'm sure many others did. It was pretty easy to gain a ton. I find a heap of Sculptures usually while doing Medallion hunts to bypass each Prime Access relic farm lol but I think you're right that it could be down to rushing. I guess as someone who's played a long time my hours are significantly higher than players who've rushed it all, gone meta builds etc and moved on to the next rush. I think the difference is that because we spent literally years at max MR as it steadily increased, we spent a lot more time farming resources, fusion cores(now endo) etc so the stockpiles are massive. Hell gathering resources, credits etc was much more work back then too. But that could be why they always run out. Either that or they spend it all on maxing Primed mods and Rivens to sell and that is just a trade off between choosing plat or endo.

Il y a 14 heures, Mk.pony a dit :

so I was almost unkillable in veil proxima.

Hahahahaha =D
I am actually Really happy for that. I always run a glass cannon railjack because I hated players slacking and leaving the ship knowing they can't lose the battle no matter how bad they play.

When update was announced with the whole plexus-mambajamba thingy, I was scared that the +hull avionics would translate into mods for plexus. Turns out it didn't. The host still decide what weapons, armaments and platings clients  will use.

I'm still the captain of my ship ! Ah that feels so refreshing. Here I thought I wouldn't be able to turn public mode ever again.

14 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Boohoo. Just research it, find the parts and move on with your life, jesus. You act like this is the first time you've had to upgrade something after an update.

Or, looking at player numbers of late, just move on with our lives and play some other game. Plenty out there. Most better than this clownshow

41 minutes ago, Alucard291 said:

Or, looking at player numbers of late, just move on with our lives and play some other game. Plenty out there. Most better than this clownshow

Hey man, play what you enjoy. I play heaps of other games in between updates. Games are supposed to be enjoyable, if you don't enjoy it then find something you do enjoy. Agree 100%

Archived