Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ruining life for high tier railjack players

Mk.pony

14 hours ago, Mk.pony said:

So when the update came out, I was happy as a puppy but after I played about 10 missions any good expression dissapeared.

I'll explain why. 

Yes you get some compensation for crafting some stuff in the past, but it lacks of a very important RJ component, freaking plating.

Before update my ship had all tier 3 parts fully fused to my taste (for shields and avionics capacity with speed) and the stats were about 3500 of health and 3500-4500 shields, so I was almost unkillable in veil proxima.

Now I can install little aura for shield and hull so stats are 1500 health 2500 shield but this is nothing because plating is stock and after playing about 20 missions I got none plating at all

This is terrible, because corpus ships annihilate me completely

Pro tip:
The new missions are too long and boring anyways, people host migrate and disconnect, some don't know what to do, so:
Go farm the good, old Grineer missions on Vail Proxima!
re-level and format your Plexus several times, use an aura forma if you can afford it;
max your mods;
By the time you're done with that, you'll most likely have your plating. Got 3 or 4 Vidar MK3 plating (in order to already have 1 maxed and building another one, for the lolz).
This was my railjack prior to the patch:

m9RSxoF.jpg
TyTW2Q7.jpg
This is me few hours into the rework:
we1dnqh.jpg
Also, don't bother with training crew, just put liches and keep your game open, so you can help the randoms..

Well I was crazy my first mission in Railjack was with only a few ship upgrades no armour or shields just the mods, so I went straight to the Veil and then realised I needed to park my railjack and fly to the ships like when we first started playing railjack. lol

14 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Boohoo. Just research it, find the parts and move on with your life, jesus. You act like this is the first time you've had to upgrade something after an update.

I just found a Vidar plating which has given my Railjack some of it's tankiness back, Armour 6066, Hull 8209 and Shield 3534.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mean point taken I'm just trying to wrap my brain around how I ended up AHEAD in endo after taking out all considerations like existing dirac etc it cost me less to max all my old RJ stuff again and others are saying it cost more, I can't figure it out. And credits I think it cost 9 million so not too bad there.

Yeah that's strange, I had everything fully ranked mods grid and I had over 300000 Dirac spare. I now have plenty left over after ranking up the mods I was using before the change, some of my mods also were partly ranked some were one dot from the top so go figure.

Edit:
Forgot to mention it cost me around 8 million at a guess. 

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Well I was crazy my first mission in Railjack was with only a few ship upgrades no armour or shields just the mods, so I went straight to the Veil and then realised I needed to park my railjack and fly to the ships like when we first started playing railjack. lol

I just found a Vidar plating which has given my Railjack some of it's tankiness back, Armour 6066, Hull 8209 and Shield 3534.

Yeah that's strange, I had everything fully ranked mods grid and I had over 300000 Dirac spare. I now have plenty left over after ranking up the mods I was using before the change, some of my mods also were partly ranked some were one dot from the top so go figure.

Edit:
Forgot to mention it cost me around 8 million at a guess. 

I recall playing Railjack on the first day of release, firstly using Archwing to kill them all then jumping onto a clan members ship cos he found Particle Ram lol and we were just crashing into stuff. Got into the Veil, used a few rush repair drones on some MK 3 wreckage and had no problems after that. 

Sadly I haven't played the new one yet as I was at work all day, only had time to drop in the other dojos and pay for their research, re-max all my RJ mods and intrinsics and then off to work 😕That sounds good though, similarly my clan mates have been making progress and saying it's fine.

Oh and yeh it was like 8 or 9 million credits. I don't have a huge amount but it didn't make much of a dent. I don't understand the endo thing with people having less but maybe what F00l said earlier has something to it.

No issues so far without plating up through the T3 corpus proxima, will have to see how veil feels later on. I've honestly had no issues with the update, everything just feels easier. The NPC crew does the job reliably well, clearing occasional borders effectively and breaches I wont have to worry about. I need to worry less about my crew than I had to worry about other players, no one sleeping on turrets or being in the ship and still refusing to fix breaches etc.

Big bonus with the NPC crew is that they are chatty and friendly.

Seriously, even with the basic plating you will be fine. With tier 3 plating, which really isn't hard to find, your RJ will be tankier than ever. Hell, in Pluto I parked my RJ in range of the Corpus Eye and whatever was launching ram sleds. Between my two gunners and engineer crew the ship was never in danger. 

I must also say that I'm not seeing the change cost me any endo. I came out ahead even. Whatever, I guess it must be a YMMV situation, but really, I really can not understand how you could have lost out if you had a pimped out RJ with grid and all the mods maxed out. At that stage, you must have had plenty of Dirac banked as well and not that many mods go to 10.

This is what happens when you take content and try to retrofit all of it for increased grind and monetization, rather than trying to actually improve it.

Remove progress, re-release progress to be done again but with worse grind and increased monetization, take existing missions and slap them into a new node with a longer loadscreen that looks like a RJ mission, call it content. 

Amazing how long it takes them to release this kind of crap.

Archived