Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack: Hotfix 29.10.2

[DE]Megan

Honestly, i don't like this update, and have several clan members making complaints about it as well.
The "reimbursement" of endo ect. while a nice touch, isn't enough to compensate people who worked to fully rank their mods for their new "alternatives", and the ways in which the use of those mods is limited for battle and tactical is more than a bit annoying. Part of the fun of railjack was that it was different, and the new system changes alot of work put into learning the ins and out of that systems. 
In short, alot of this game requires skill, and railjack was no exception, why change a fun engaging system for those who don't understand it at the expense of those who loved it.

@[DE]Megan

Let the programmers know that Crew Members get stuck into a specific role and won't budge despite given new roles.

Example situation being:

• Imagine that you start a mission in Saturn Proxima and assign two crew members as gunners, so that they use both turrets, for increased firepower.
    • Which reminds me, you guys need to update the external model to fit the new Dorsal/Ventral turrets... It doesn't fit as it is now.
  • Then you switch their roles to keep the ship mobile and repaired (1 goes for pilot and the other for Engineer) while you're assaulting a Ship Killer Platform.
  • After returning, you assign them both of them as gunners and proceed with the mission.
  • Then you approach an Asteroid Base to kill the commander and do the same role reassignment to the crew members.
    • At this point, even though they accept the new roles given, the crew members remain effectively stuck in the Gunner Role and when you reassign them as Gunners again, they reply "No, Not possible".

... Now imagine that this happens on the Pilot seat, for example... Or~, assigning one of them for Defense and attempt to switch said crew member to Engineering, only to find yourself repairing Catastrophic Breaches instead because said crew member is quite happily stuck as a Defender... I mean, I can deal with the whole thing on my own without crew members, easily... But fellow players that aren't outstandingly blasphemer beasts like me, which I spit in the face of meta builds because my builds are outstandingly better and my skills far surpass my builds, and that depend on crew members to do Railjack missions will find very problematic having crew members getting stuck in assigned roles at random times.

Oh boi, here we go again: many many useful changes (and I mean really a lot so thank you guys and gals), but just enough bad stuff to make me wanna quit railjack:

• The energy. It is a terrible and stupid idea to make the railjack abilities use the warframe energy pool. Yes, it is easy to recover, but if I have a 150 energy cap then I have to recover it after EACH shot of homing missiles. So the process goes like: enter weapon, shoot missiles, exit weapon, place energy refill, enter weapon, shoot missiles exit, place refill etc. And before someone says: NO, I dont want to modify my build with a useless max energy mod just to be able to use my ships abilities. The frame's build is good as is and it is optimized for high lvl content, which railjack does have! So I'm not gonna make it harder for myself. The flux energy system was way better, we filled it ONCE and could fire more than 7 times. This is just terrible.
  • Okay, lets accept for a sec that it consumes the energy of the warframe: WHY don't the energy efficiency mods on the warframe reduce the drained enegry?? It is not consistent at all. If Flow has an effect on the railjack powers usability (which has been established) then so should every other warframe energy related mod and arcane. (It would be still bad but at least not outright unusable)
  • I had a maxed out railjack, and I mean MAXED, had everything built and ranked up, but now the health, shield and armor mods are gone and the ship is reduced in power. Every player with maxed railjack health and armor avionics should have received an MK III plating to have a similar usability.
  • Also: I simply dont understand how it is decided whose railjack are we going with (but probably host). Starting from the dojo does not make a difference, it would be useful to let us chose our own ship if we want to and let others join in if they dont necessarily want to use their own ship. (Most ships stats are just awful, mine is closer to acceptable and will probably be better if I finally get a good plating (like what the maxed out health and armor avionics should have been turned into).
  • Edit: +1: Battle Forge should not be a super skill!!
  • Edit2: +2: I might have missed it but I can't find a way to use converted liches in railjack.

So overall I enjoyed the railjack much better before the update, no QoL change can make up for the terrible railjack ability usability nerf due to the energy caps.

52 minutes ago, S0NGA said:

"Since Avionics are now treated like regular Mods, Dirac (the upgrade Resource for Avionics) is being converted into Endo, for a more cohesive upgrading experience. All Dirac spent on your Grid will be reimbursed (i.e up to 39,000 Dirac to Endo if you maxed out your Grid), and all existing Dirac stockpiles will turn into Endo on login of Update 29.10.0 at a rate of 1:1."

before I needed a reasonable amount of DIRACs to put a Void Hole mod, at the max... now I need a more greater amount of ENDO, to put it at the max!!!  it seems to me that we lost, in this conversion and changes!!

AND you need credits now, too. Someone clearly did not think this through very well at all.

11 minutes ago, Txdannyboo said:

Since this Hot fix was loaded I no longer can have point strike mod with critical Delay???????   WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

See the original update thread. They said this was the case, though it doesn't make it any less of a stupid change.
Critical Deceleration is still the same, for example - despite it being the shotgun version of the two "buffed" mods.
There's literally no point in running Creeping Bullseye any more, since PPG is better by all accounts and you simply can't run it with CB now.
Again, did anyone even think before this was shipped?

3 minutes ago, JulioSouza98 said:

Thank you for all those changes. But please, just a small thing, Vaykor Sydon is still bugged. 

So is Blast Status, Amalgam Furax Body Count, and about 3000 other things that would be better addressed than 3/4 of the non-crash fixes that we've gotten in this update and its following hotfixes. I'm getting less and less patient with their either flippant attitude towards their own bug forums, or the massive influx of people screaming for them to revert or fix something. As I said earlier: talk to us properly, mention if you know about an issue. Silence does not breed trust in devs who claim to interact with the community on the level you guys do. This may have been true in past, it's not now.

Why even have bug forums if 99% of what should get replied to, or acknowledged, is not?

The things I like:
The new missions are fun. I like how it blends ground and space components much better. The old railjack away missions just felt...meh. These new missions are fun.

Railjacks giving us Mastery is a nice bonus

The new enemies are fun and an interesting change so far

I like the surprise wreckage we can discover and salvage for loot

Things I dislike:
1a) not being able to use my own railjack reliably unless I either launch into a node there are no active squads for or just blocking everyone but my friends from joining. I used to be able to launch my own railjack on any node I wanted by going to the bridge of my ship. If I launch from the bridge of my railjack it means I want to use MY railjack not crew someone else's.

1b)the Plexus is great in theory but has a major flaw. It's essentially like us getting to choose our weapon mods + aura and then just hoping that the host is using a warframe and set of weapons we want to use. I built my ship to fit my playstyle and I configure my mods to also fit that playstyle. If I launch a mission from my railjack I should be host and be left to solo it until people who want to be crew que in. The devs were right that we should be able to que with the mods we want and not be limited by the whims of the railjack host. But the devs missed that mod loadouts are only 50% of regular warframe, we still build mod loadouts around specific frames and gear. 

1c)If pub queing is a coin toss whether we're hosting on our railjack or joining someone else's then each node needs to be locked unless the host meets both Railjack equipment AND intrinsic levels. Not just intrinsic levels. I qued into a Veil Proxima mission and got stuck on a ship woefully undergeared (seriously a single fighter's straffing run would 4 shot us so it was just a never ending cycle of catastrophic hull breeches). 

The current que system, as it stands, is if we get to choose the weapon mods we want and aura and then just have to hope that the host is using a properly modded warframe and good weapons that will compliment our mod loadout. It wouldn't make for a fun experience if we pub qued into Steel Path only to find we're you're using someone else's warframe which is not modded well enough to survive Steel Path without constant revives. It also doesn't make for a fun queing experience in railjack.

My feedback: the star chart railjack icon should how you que as crew, the bridge of a railjack should be how you que as host (essentially the way it used to be). Why should I invest a bunch of resources into the actual equipment of my railjack if I can't take it into missions unless I either solo or form a pre-made?

When they decided to drop the update today this come to my mind:

♪♫♪What should we do with the railjack update?
What should we do with the railjack update?
Let's go on vacation  ♫♪

-----------

But seriously why on friday.... why they didn't let  some content creators / testers  play the update before release like they did with steel path  (if I remember correctly)...

Archived