Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Update 29.10 New Meta

DrakeRyuujin

13 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Same as before, crit is king.

Only difference is that it requires forma now because clearly the pre-update grind wasn't bad enough.

If I'm being honest, I'm pretty sure it's taking less time for me to be done with the Plexus grind than it did for me to be done with the Avionic grid grind in the first place. With a balanced build such as I want, it's one forma, maybe two. People are drastically overblowing the amount of Forma involved in the process.

Not much of a difference from before. I still havent found a reason to forma, that may change if I find some of the new avionics, but with the old ones and a max leveled Plexus I could fit in what I wanted from the old avionics that stayed in the new system.

Funny part about the update is that a solo run with NPC crew feels more efficient than old co-op.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

If I'm being honest, I'm pretty sure it's taking less time for me to be done with the Plexus grind than it did for me to be done with the Avionic grid grind in the first place. With a balanced build such as I want, it's one forma, maybe two. People are drastically overblowing the amount of Forma involved in the process.

One forma is really all you need with the right crew member set up to turn the railjack into a self sufficient slaughter bot.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Remember that everyone has an XP booster, so you're leveling up your Plexus twice as fast right now

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

People are drastically overblowing the amount of Forma involved in the process.

I never said it takes like 5+ formas.

The problem is that DE wanted to reduce the grind yet implememented forma into it. It's the complete opposite of reducing the grind.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb o0Despair0o:

The problem is that DE wanted to reduce the grind yet implememented forma into it. It's the complete opposite of reducing the grind.

I'm already done putting four forma into it, which is more than you need, and I haven't even completed all the new nodes. That thing basically formas itself.

2 forma , one aura and one V ,

Old build will work just as well as the new one,

Dont forget to max the mods,

Dont forget to build a hull,

got everything i needed in a few hours.

I am surprised they let us use aura mod on the plexus , thought they would introduce some new forma to be able to change that polarity.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Remember that everyone has an XP booster, so you're leveling up your Plexus twice as fast right now

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

I never said it takes like 5+ formas.

Responding to both since the response is pretty similar anyway -

Railjack is swimming with affinity anyway, in part thanks to the Intrinsic grind also being attached to it. So, even under normal circumstances, it's not that long. A couple hours at most. Not really the 'complete opposite'. Personally, my grid levelling took a similar or longer amount of time, albeit I'm not the sort to rush anyway.

6 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

That one got fused with a few others into the Ironclad Matrix aura mod.

Actually no , that's just an aura you can take , hull and armor of railjack is now a new component called "plating" . It provides railjack with hull and armor bonus .

39 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

It's vastly, vastly less grind overall.

If more means less then yes.
I maxed my railjack in one day before this patch, now single mission takes day to complete with group of 4 try-hard 30mr players.

More importantly even if you max your stuff now, you will be 5% as powerful as before. 

5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

People are drastically overblowing the amount of Forma involved in the process.

People are drastically overblowing everything in the new update.
I went in the veil with unleveled plexilus or however they called it, 5-6 mods in 2 of them unlevele, chilled almost the whole missions while my ai slaves did all the work and got out of the mission with a good feeling.
imo this is a 300% improvement from the previous mess
I hope it gets even better but for now I really have no idea what are people complaining about.

23 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

People are drastically overblowing everything in the new update.
I went in the veil with unleveled plexilus or however they called it, 5-6 mods in 2 of them unlevele, chilled almost the whole missions while my ai slaves did all the work and got out of the mission with a good feeling.
imo this is a 300% improvement from the previous mess
I hope it gets even better but for now I really have no idea what are people complaining about.

With my refund, and the 10000 bonus endo I got I wasn't able to fully re-level all of my avionics. Plus, I dumped a boatload of credits into it that I didn't have to dump before. Honestly left a sore taste in my mouth. My Railjack which was maxed completely now has two slots with no avionics in them because I need forma. And instead of 6000 health, I'm back to 2000. As for Forma, I need them now when I didn't previously. Ree. I don't like it.

It's kind of a spit in the face of all the grind I did to get my Railjack up to maximum potential, only now I have to do more grinding for something I had already fully invested in. Kind of not happy about that. And the refunds I got? Pittance to what I spent getting my mods back to order. The Umbra forma and Legendary Core were nice. But those aren't exactly that high of value to me.

That there is more of a personal complaint however. A really good complaint is the current energy system being utterly broken. Just like all of Warframe. Ability spam is stupid easy to do, and still pretty darn effective. Do you need it? Not with two quality crew gunners with hitscan guns. Enemies aren't tough enough to handle a full power Zekti Pulsar it seems. Either way I'm a fan of some things of this update, and quite a few others I am not a fan of.

1 hour ago, ---Merchant--- said:

If more means less then yes.
I maxed my railjack in one day before this patch, now single mission takes day to complete with group of 4 try-hard 30mr players.

More importantly even if you max your stuff now, you will be 5% as powerful as before. 

How long did it take you to to build your railjack before this patch?

10 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

How long did it take you to to build your railjack before this patch?

If you used platinum like you can now because it is in market? Like hour.
But building your warframe and having to forma it 30 times is different kind of experience.
Btw i build it at highest cost which got reduced once or twice from that moment.

Eitherway enjoy being 5% as powerful and do missions at 0.01% of speed as before while playing excavation, defense, defection or insert any other boring endless mission with bad rewards that have nothing to do with railjack.

Next update: Deimos vaults, but without rewards and you will fly around deimos in your railjack for 5 minutes first. Future, today. Warframe TM :^)

I don't understand all the crying about having to forma something, that's literally the smallest "problem" with the update, problem being in quotes cuz putting 2 forma on your plexus, which is all you could ever need unless you use all the max drain mods, would take maybe 2 or 3 hours, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less time than it took to max out the entire avionics grid before.

If there's anything you should be complaining about, it's the massive increase in cost of ranking up railjack mods that came with the conversion of dirac into endo.

If there's anything you should be complaining about, it's the fact you need your entire team to enter the extermination or defense objective, making your railjack basically just a taxi while not contributing to the mission in any way other than just being a faster way to get around than you would be able to with an archwing.

If there's anything you should be complaining about, it's that tactical avionics are now separated into defensive, offensive and super avionics, just like battle avionics.

If there's anything you should be complaining about, it's battle avionics being powered by warframe energy.

There's so many so much more important issues with the update and having to forma something 2 times is what people complain about, it's kind of sad to see this.

2 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

If you used platinum like you can now because it is in market? Like hour.
But building your warframe and having to forma it 30 times is different kind of experience.
Btw i build it at highest cost which got reduced once or twice from that moment.

Eitherway enjoy being 5% as powerful and do missions at 0.01% of speed as before while playing excavation, defense, defection or insert any other boring endless mission with bad rewards that have nothing to do with railjack.

Next update: Deimos vaults, but without rewards and you will fly around deimos in your railjack for 5 minutes first. Future, today. Warframe TM :^)

I asked about before the update, because we're talking about grind before the update versus after the update. And yes, I also built my railjack in the first week it was released. And I can tell you for certain that building a railjack now and grinding it to max power will take a lot less time and require a lot less grinding than it did before the patch. The overall grind, like I said earlier, has been reduced.

Archived