Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are you liking the new update?

_4shes

I'm about to go check it out. Wanna know if there are any glaring problems or magnificent aspects I should look out for. Of course this is D.E. the conent has a 50/50 chance of being two extremes (really good or really bad) so I'm forced to stay neutral.

Other than the AI crews absolute inability to tell the difference between a soft pillow and a shipkiller platform, as well as the fact that the Plexus REQUIRES you to forma it at least twice, no problems that didn't get hotixed already.

Obviously there a whole lot of minor bugs, but nothing massive. That is, assuming that the latest patch actually fixed defense missions.

8 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Other than the AI crews absolute inability to tell the difference between a soft pillow and a shipkiller platform, as well as the fact that the Plexus REQUIRES you to forma it at least twice, no problems that didn't get hotixed already.

Obviously there a whole lot of minor bugs, but nothing massive. That is, assuming that the latest patch actually fixed defense missions.

Well I had Cephalon Cy Proudly scream about the missing having failed while I got my reward and mission complete screen, so I guess that's a fix....

Hate it so far.

Railjack mobility has been nerfed to hell, I no longer have fun piloting the ship. They also removed the ability to restock munitions at the dry dock. So your starting energy is non-existent.

They stuffed in regular missions into railjack. If I wanted to play that content, I'd rather just play regular missions. Padding railjack missions with standard missions is just dumb imo. DE I don't want to play a Defense mission inside a Railjack mission...

The new stuff sounds good on paper, but fails in execution. I hardly want to play this content now. This coming from a guy you max ranked Intrinsics prior to this update.

I do however like the crew on turrets, they're basically aimbots for your ship.

I love it so far! RJ mobility feels amazing, the verticality of the levels is much appreciated, abilities so far feel tight, and the volatile mission type seems pretty neat for now, and also recruiting crew members is hella dope ^^

Loved old railjack, it was chill and unique.

Now: My upgrades are gone, i m supposed to find like hundreds of thousands of endo somewhere to upgrade them to similar level they were
all damage and ship skills were nerfed, and the missions are just the standard "defend cryo pod" or "excavate 5000cryotics"

Could hardly imagine it being much worse. It is new archwing to me, dead mode.

Old railjack 9/10 New railjack 3/10 (and that is not counting the  bugs which make missions impossible to finish with that could give it 2/10 at best)

What I like about this thing : NPC Crew
Gosh too bad this update was not just adding npc crew, changing ship layout and streamlining the upgrade path.

Also pls at least make the crew able to finish tier 1 missions, like the pilot and gunner will never kill even level 1 crewship which makes them useless.

There's a lot of clunk and weirdness around Crew. I hired a guy named Thadd without reading his description, and now I can't find this information anywhere. Guess I'll never know his backstory. And I can't seem to access him for customization/equipment unless I go to my Dojo, which is annoying. Likewise if I wanna change who's on call I have to visit my Dojo or a Relay because that's the only console with full Railjack settings.

The energy economy change is particularly dumb.

And I can't fly my own ship without playing solo....

Aaand host migrate.

I played till Pluto for a bit and here's my thoughts.

Overall railjack play has been reduced , it is now more emphasis on regular gameplay.

Assuming you maxed out previously , there should be little you need to farm extra (except hulls , get new hulls asap)

Railjack movement is a little different , I am not sure if blink is working as intended also had ocassional bugs with cooldowns on ordnance, artillery and turrets nothing major. But not really a problem , will need to get used to it.

The new tilesets are pretty , I expect ice planet rework soon.

NPC crew is competent .... As long as you only want gunnery and repair bots.

Forging is a little confusing , not sure the UI is correct I had 2/2 dome charges at start and could increase it to 4/4 later.

Is it better than before ? In some aspects , but it is again a different game than what it was.

I'm enjoying some of the new stuff and other new things are just perplexing. I do not understand why DE thought that regular endless missions belong in railjack it makes the game mode feel like taxi simulator 101 and isn't fun to play. I think the Extermination missions could be good with some tweaking add some fighter kills to the objectives and let me kill the captain of the capital ship and that could be great. Volatile missions are really fun and I think quiet well done, there how railjack should play if you want a mix of ground and space fighting. The switch from avionics to mods is something I will need to wait to form a full opinion on at the moment it seems alright as I can build to boost what I like doing in railjack without loosing slots to mandatory feeling hull and armor modifiers.  I do miss the old pure space combat missions and hope they do come back in some form at some point but I will say all in all the update wasn't too bad or too good.  

First impressions without public matchmaking are good. But I can see a lot of potential issues...

I like the new Volatile Sabotage mission. Railjack Exterminate is pretty cool too. Playing around with the new Command Intrinsic was awesome to start, and they are strong enough to actually do work which rules. The new "Corpus Lua" tiles look amazing, and the Corpus Captains are kinda cool, even if I have no idea what the Cyclops Cannon does or how I would potentially avoid it. And that brings me to the downsides...

The tutorials on the old content look neat, but there is very little conveyance on the new content. Completing a side objective doesn't mark which reward was from the side objective, so unless you already know the drop tables you are lost figuring out if side objectives are worth anything. The Command Intrinsic "competence points" and training screen makes me afraid to touch it; does that "reset skills" button cost me anything? While most of the reimbursement scripts worked fine, I think we start out with no Tilcor Plate, which is a big deal because almost everything needs it. Railjack mobility seems wonky without experimentation; I don't think the game explains that dpuble-tap boost is still in the game at any point

What I didn't like so far:

-I cannot pilot my own ship, unless I go solo.

-Railjack missions are mixed with random ground mission. Mission variety is fine, but if I choose a railjack mission, I want to play railjack, not ground missions.

Edit: I could accept ground missions in railjack if (1) they are related to railjack, (2) they give exclusive rewards and/or (3) they are optional. If they are mandatory and if they are regular missions with regular rewards, then no thank you.

-Railjack crosshair most of the times is invisible, it's really hard to hit anything.

-I've experienced lots of infinite loading screens, which I solved by pressing Alt+F4, we already should have an option to abort loading and go back to the liset, I've requested this feature several times, but nobody cares apparently.

Everything else is fine I guess.

overall, good but one thing is annoying me greatly.

how are you supposed to deal with the Corpus crewships (in the Veil)? For the grineer you just fire a missile for the shield and fire the big gun/board it. That doesn't seem to work for the Corpus ones, the shield constantly rotates so I can't shoot the shields weak point from the railjack, the big gun doesn't penetrant it and you can't even manually board it, requiring the warframe launcher. Basically, i don't want to have to leave the Railjack to destroy the corpus crewships. Is that just not possible for the corpus crewships?

As a solo player, pretty good. Not much bugs...

As a coop player... yeah... buggy as hell. If you are in a crewship, and your friends goes into the capital ship, if you let the timer run out while pressing X (use button), you end up soft-locking the mission.

Then, there are some glaring graphical issues in the derelict.

Other than that, nothing else.

7 minutes ago, gamer4ever27 said:

overall, good but one thing is annoying me greatly.

how are you supposed to deal with the Corpus crewships (in the Veil)? For the grineer you just fire a missile for the shield and fire the big gun/board it. That doesn't seem to work for the Corpus ones, the shield constantly rotates so I can't shoot the shields weak point from the railjack, the big gun doesn't penetrant it and you can't even manually board it, requiring the warframe launcher. Basically, i don't want to have to leave the Railjack to destroy the corpus crewships. Is that just not possible for the corpus crewships?

You gotta shoot the shield robot flying thing from the back of the shield.... Basically maneuver yourself quickly so you catch the shield off guard then shoot the small thing before it has time to rotate to block shots from your direction again.

I haven't been able to play since the update. I'm stuck on the loading screen where it says What's New, Prime Access, and Build Notes. I've tried powering down my Switch and restarting it, and updating by using the + button, but I haven't had any luck. It just says 0%.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

You gotta shoot the shield robot flying thing from the back of the shield.... Basically maneuver yourself quickly so you catch the shield off guard then shoot the small thing before it has time to rotate to block shots from your direction again.

that's the thing though, the shield rotates super quick, it would be easier just to destroy the shield in archwing, but that's a waste 'cuase by the time I can actually do that,  I could've just use the launcher and board it, but I guess de doesn't want ppl trivializing the corpus crewships with a one/two of missile then artillery like the grineer

20 minutes ago, gamer4ever27 said:

that's the thing though, the shield rotates super quick, it would be easier just to destroy the shield in archwing, but that's a waste 'cuase by the time I can actually do that,  I could've just use the launcher and board it, but I guess de doesn't want ppl trivializing the corpus crewships with a one/two of missile then artillery like the grineer

I've been with a quite a few captains now and did not see any of them rotate around the crew ship with enough speed to hit the small bot, it is also immune to aoe and looks like crewship has multiple of them(which may explain what makes it so difficult to go around)

Does not make sense to slow people down at that part AND then tell them to "excavate 1 billion cryotics" right aftewards.

In time crews do one mission now, i used to do like 35of them, and the rewards did not get better.

It has it's ups and downs. Outside of the energy changes (which, as predicted, are dumb. As somebody who doesn't run half a dozen forms of energy regen, sure, it's fine, but it's so clearly abusable) the update seems to deliver what it wants to deliver. What that is just isn't super mind-blowing. Which I'd be sad about, but...

Console Update: Call of the Tempestarii [In Development] - Announcements &  Events - Warframe Forums

Yeah, given that consoles are getting this update as part and parcel with 30, I get the feeling that it is right around the corner, and DE are kind of just treating this as a test server for the actual big spring update. I'm neutral to positive overall, 6-7/10 for me (5 being a true neutral, 1 being hate, 10 being adored)

Main pros are: crew's fun, and even reasonably useful, the new tiles in and of themselves are great even though main missions don't use them, and Volatile is a pretty genuinely good take on the Mobile Defence formula for once. When you're doing the Railjack combat, it's also pretty decent, outside the speed of the rotating shields which is just too fast to make it fun to flank around, even with a well-tuned ship. I also really like the loot dungeons and even the side objectives.

Main cons are: Not actually all that much railjack when you get down to brass tacks, energy system is highly abusable meaning I have to take it into my own hands to not screw up my fun again, certain aspects of the crew are a mite underwhelming (mainly liches, but also your 'on call' doesn't speak in missions and can't be brought with you into PoI's)

Neutral points are: grind, yeah that's to be expected and it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out, Exterminate and Defence are exactly the same as ever. Although the side Points of Interest are fun, there's too little time spent engaging in Railjack proper to really justify taking the time out to disable them unless they're required.

I'd say the most annoying thing is that everyone has to show up for the "regular" mission. So you can't have 1 guy do exterminate, another guy do the bonus loot, a third do side objectives and the last do the railjack stuff.

Consequently, you don't need to be 4 people to concentrate on the Railjack stuff.
There are even less fighters than grineer railjack, and they aren't particularly dodgy either so you can easily lay into them.
Crewships aren't dangerous either, with the small caveat that the veil corpus crewships has a rotating shield you have to get behind and shoot the emitter, to take down.

Also they removed the ability to select if you want to be the Host(Railjack owner) or Crewmate. This defeats the purpose of building a railjack of your own since you'll only use it 25% of the time (if we presume that everyone gets to host equally).

And finally, 3 of the 4 new weapons I've tried are pretty uninspiring.

The NPC crews are really good though. Like Aimbot good.
Ostensibly people who don't really want to play railjack can assign crew to guns and piloting and just fly around and do the objectives. It is severly disappointing that the Lich's can only defend the railjack since boardings are rare and is something you can counter if you pay attention. (and even if you can't, you can outfit your crew with your best weapons and they #*!%ing body the invaders)

I think it would be cool if you could launch your lich via the slingshot into enemy crewships and it would then take over the ship to help you out. Or help you out with defence missions etc. Just something more than a guard.

So far it feels like DE trying to please players that still hate RJ anyway. They were never going to like RJ, "content island" or not. Using a RJ to play regular missions only sound good on paper. In practice, if i choose RJ, i want RJ focused gameplay. I want my ship to be invaded, i want to board enemy ships and in/out of enemy bases, i want to take out other ships. 

The new missions feel like ground missions patchworked into railjack, and I don't like it. The fact that I need to stop blowing up ships to do a boring defense mission, on top of the fact that you need to wait for your entire crew to board the ship before you can do the objective makes this an inferior experience compared to the old Grineer railjack missions.

Archived