Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are you liking the new update?

_4shes

Its reeks and it sucks. My stuff I grinded for is taken away, I need to grind again except I don't feel like it. And the worst of all things wont improve, DE entered a death spiral and refuse to understand it. Wait till next update, I'm sure things get worse.

Engine stamina bar is gone, coupled with hull rupture locking you in place ruins mobility for me.

The nerfed damage, where I tried out every ability mod I had, along with being locked out from using abilities, stalls the combat.

No matter what else is true, you just can't have a total lack of player agency at any point, just sitting there waiting.

Can't move, can't shoot.

I played as hildryn, never ran out of shields, because the game blocks me from firering weapons long before then - why have a double lockout?

From the terrible damage I saw, I'd go as to say, even with free spam of abilities, the damage would still be too low.

Though my point is not about the damage, rather just the "futility" of it. Sitting around being locked out from playing.

You have to be able to play, to do something.

Then the npcs respawn infinitely so there is no satisfaction in clearing them out or maybe point to it. And you can count on them pulling a "cetus fishing trip spawn spam" on you, when you try to get into a mission.

People just rush the objectives instead... in archwing.

Why bother fighting the npcs if they respawn? It's set up so it makes no difference, you literally waste your time by engaging with the content.

Taking your time to clear out fighters to work your way up to the crewship... they respawn before then.

Now you are better off "not playing it" and do everything you can to skip right through it. People think you are wasting their time if actually fight the npcs because it's so pointless.

Still not a fan of the arty gun either.

What is railjack balanced for? 4 people who can play well? Solo? 4 new players in a pug?

You can do everything alone, except arty, which breaks then whole game as captain, having to wait and hope people get on the gun - again passive lockout taking agency out of your hands.

I find nothing fun, exciting, interesting or suspenseful in the arty gun.

Similarly, the arty gunner has to also sit there and do nothing. Wait for cooldowns, wait for the captain. Arty gun is just frustration for everyone.

Like, you can remote repair from a turret but without an arty gun, the whole game falls apart?

So are we designing co-op or solo mode here.

For me the baseline in the game is instant, total spam reaction time action. Having to "wait" for even just seconds is breaking the game's own design at its core. 

But fundamentally you have to be able to always have an option in a game, something to do. The game should never back you into a corner, where you can just start watching tv and wait to play again.

Just wanna make sure but our gunnery AI crew mates dont net us xp? like is this intended? cuz if it is and im in a position where i need xp then it would be better for me to not have them be shooting no? which defeats the entire purpose of having a gunnery crew?

4分钟前 , Surbusken 说:

Then the npcs respawn infinitely so there is no satisfaction in clearing them out or maybe point to it. And you can count on them pulling a "cetus fishing trip spawn spam" on you, when you try to get into a mission.

People just rush the objectives instead... in archwing.

Why bother fighting the npcs if they respawn? It's set up so it makes no difference, you literally waste your time by engaging with the content.

Isn't this describing 70% of the regular mission in game lol

tho I get what you mean

38 minutes ago, yoman15 said:

Isn't this describing 70% of the regular mission in game lol

tho I get what you mean

Heheh, yeah well, maybe you are on to something.

It could be it is their actual intention. To turn it into a speedrun, like the rest of the game.

Maybe they want you to start the map, have 2 players use slingshot to go for an ojbective each, then have captain + mandatory arty gunner do crewships, and then the fighters are just decorative.

Where I was coming, was the concept of epic space battles but maybe they do want you to skip it, you could be right.

After reading about all these changes I didn't even bother to update. I was extremely excited for the corpus expansion, since the only thing I wanted from RJ was... just more stuff.

What they made, in my eyes, is an ugly imitation of the regular gameplay, when the main reason I wanted to play it was because it was DIFFERENT from the main gameplay.

This whole update, to me, felt like a kick in the nuts.

The crew is bad, mainly because you're limited to three, not four, so theres always that vital component left out that you have to fill because its not being filled (etc defending the ship / repairing / entering the whatever you're entering), making the entire fact of having a crew thats not solely gunners and defenders, more of a liability.

The pilot needs a serious rework, always piloting right in the way of the ship killer / missile platform, so every like 10 seconds we get a hull breach, which isnt fun, not to mention it prioritizes the mission objective over the ships you need to destroy, making you manually have to pilot all the way back just to get the ships, and the pilot cant even destroy them, making everything about having a pilot just a pain in the rear

Also the Sentinel doesnt auto omni as advertised, was hoping it would like fly around the ship and maybe do what the engineer is supposed to do, but it acts as a companion, that doesnt auto omni even when you're right next to the hull breach.

8 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Loved old railjack, it was chill and unique.

Now: My upgrades are gone, i m supposed to find like hundreds of thousands of endo somewhere to upgrade them to similar level they were
all damage and ship skills were nerfed, and the missions are just the standard "defend cryo pod" or "excavate 5000cryotics"

Could hardly imagine it being much worse. It is new archwing to me, dead mode.

Old railjack 9/10 New railjack 3/10 (and that is not counting the  bugs which make missions impossible to finish with that could give it 2/10 at best)

What I like about this thing : NPC Crew
Gosh too bad this update was not just adding npc crew, changing ship layout and streamlining the upgrade path.

Also pls at least make the crew able to finish tier 1 missions, like the pilot and gunner will never kill even level 1 crewship which makes them useless.

what do you mean your new upgrades are gone, it took me only a few minutes to get everything back up to speed, except for maybe the hull but honestly to me, I kinda preferred not having any hull HP upgrades, make things harder xV

It's exactly as horrible as I imagined. Down to the letter. Energy is #*!%ed. Mods are #*!%ed. Need to forma plexus and farm hull can #*!% right off. New "modes" have literally nothing to do with RJ. Liches are absolutely useless. They even managed to #*!% up minor gameplay tweaks. Truly amazing.

I like the visuals and concept but dislike the fact we can't split the crew when going to these new missions.
Mission duration is the same or sometime higher than the Skirmish mode we had before against Grineers but instead of playing Railjack we're actually playing basic warframe.

Maybe it'll grow on me but I disliked that part.
Also while AI crew is a bit simple, Engineer crewmate isn't an engineer, it's a magician, he keeps repairing the ship for free without using any ressources. I can just afk mid session, come back 20 minutes later they're still fighting and bringing ressources to me.

I .... I find it funny as a story but quite boring to know that I can't fail the mission unless my afk goes on for too long.

Edit: I'm waiting until I did all missions to make a post in a feedback thread

I didn't play too much before GUI softlocked the game, but i think i quite like what i'm seeing so far. Screen-shaking is good, great music and i like the pace. Don't quite like the regular missions in railjack, it's a good change of pace, but i would maybe prefer something more railjack-related.

The weirdest thing though is that i have to switch to solo or invites only to launch my railjack. On the other hand, AI crew seems to do better than non-AI, dude is just sitting in turret and gunning down fighters. Nice.

Blew my credits and endo stash trying to re-rank my Railjack mods and get back the progress I'd made two years ago. Hired some crew, flew around, seems like Railjack. I didn't do enough to see how it works in play (I flew in the "free flight" node on Earth), but as a matter of disbelief suspension the Plexus and Warframe energy changes are a step too far*. 

I will most likely not do much railjack--at least not in my own ship, I don't want to retread that ground (and...it's not even really my ship anymore). I was pleased with the legendary core and the umbral forma though. 

* This is Warframe, where giant-armed mutant fungal grandmothers say "Skippety-hop!" You would think there is no step too far.

We played as 4 and had a blast. We were discovering exciting things by the minute.

- new, gorgeous tileset
- intersting rewards worth grinding for
- I personally loved the integration of Railjack, Archwing and regular missions
- graphics in space are amazing, new Corpus ships are fun to go up against
- Thank god that Tether has been nerfed, shooting down enemies with turrets is way more fun
- The new gamemode "Volatile" is a lot of fun
- Plexus feels a lot more natural than the integration before
- Thanks for fixing a lot of bugs in the first 24 hours. There are still some left, but it is totally playable now
- The extension feels very "natural"
- can't wait for Corpus liches

negative:
- The missions are quite long and the rewards should be a tad better
- for the railjack enthusiastics there should be missions without "normal mission" integration, at least some where you can just shoot ships
- You no longer really need the archwing... it would be nice to have a reason to go to Archwing from time to time and fight with it

DE want from Railjack to be ultimate coop experience and yet they add NPC aimbot crew members to encourage players to play even more solo. GG WP (hard fail)

And rest of content seems like wasting resources to create, because what is the point to destroy 2 primary targets which grant access to capital ship and have defense mission there if i can choose non railjack and have same defense on same tileset 

visible.jpg

Looks like DE still dont know what they want to do with Railjack

14 hours ago, _4shes said:

I'm about to go check it out. Wanna know if there are any glaring problems or magnificent aspects I should look out for. Of course this is D.E. the conent has a 50/50 chance of being two extremes (really good or really bad) so I'm forced to stay neutral.

I unfortunately did not like what I saw. I found that some missions mostly come down to entering the ships to exterminate, defend, or make orphix (I never liked this event ... I found it massive, boring and very repetitive) and the volatile mission .... very stressful so to speak . The collection radius of the items has been increased absurdly and the manned corpus ships are too boring to be destroyed. I expected something similar to the missions of the grinners ... the corpus missions in space left me very disappointed and stressed.

Finally some quality content and the real Railjack that should have been released two years ago. 

Before Railjack came out, the developers had spent and wasted too much time to nerf the game and destroy players’ favorite items. Players have since fleeing the game once they get this. 

Now I am seeing a halt on nerfing and even most buffs on gun Rivens this time around. And we are seeing the newly and much polished Railjack. Hope this trend continues and no more **** nerfing! 

I'd pass for now, especially if you cannot solo railjack missions. People that join mostly afk in railjack or stay in cannons, nobody does objectives and the mission takes 15 minutes to complete even more in some cases, and on top of that upon completion there is like 50% chance for you to be unable to go back to dry dock unless you are solo. So yeah have fun soloing 20 minutes just for you to lose all the rewards at the end. And also have fun with joining people on their railjacks, give it 3-4 minutes and host leaves in 40% of the missions if he doesnt get the people he wants.

3 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

- You no longer really need the archwing... it would be nice to have a reason to go to Archwing from time to time and fight with it

i always thought AW were supposed to be the fighter pilots for RJ to chase down quick nimble ships. They have moves away from that and just made RJ good enough on its own.

Archived