Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt: Electric Shield 2.0

FableTale

This is going to be a quick little topic and am just going to make a little suggestion regarding electric shield. I believe that it would be more effective if there was no actual shield. Instead, the Electricity would be fused with the weapons for 25 seconds instead of having to shoot though a tiny electric window.

Yay or Nay?

I like the electric shield as it is currently. However, sometimes, I wish it was mobile in that it moved and turned with the player. Maybe OP but one can dream, right?

You know what? I actually like the idea of the shield moving. Although if I may add, I wish that volt could also cast electric shield for the team AND it was mobile

Personally im glad it doesnt move, firstly, when stationary other members of your team can get behind it and stay shielded even if you move away, secondly, i dont like shooting through it, I cant see anything through the pink glare :) I tend to set the shield up and shooot round the right side of it. My field of vision is clear and still have a high protection. It things get too hot I whack another shield up. Sometimes I put 4 up in a square and stay inside it :)

Personally im glad it doesnt move, firstly, when stationary other members of your team can get behind it and stay shielded even if you move away, secondly, i dont like shooting through it, I cant see anything through the pink glare :) I tend to set the shield up and shooot round the right side of it. My field of vision is clear and still have a high protection. It things get too hot I whack another shield up. Sometimes I put 4 up in a square and stay inside it :)

What a waste, not to shoot through.^^

I know, using a dark energy color looks maybe bad on the frame but it really helps as it makes the shield MUCH more clear.

Wow, are you serious? That's like putting up a snow globe and then running out of it to shoot at enemies not even considering the fact that shooting through Volt's shield actually gives you more damage. 

Making it mobile would be Op, we have to have some leniency with  DE when It comes to nerfs, buffs and fixes. There are so many more things wrong with Volt that we are demanding get buffed like his overload keeping him suspended and not doing enough damage and his shock not scaling well at all, don't pick the one of his two skills that actually function properly and bash it or request a change.

This is going to be a quick little topic and am just going to make a little suggestion regarding electric shield. I believe that it would be more effective if there was no actual shield. Instead, the Electricity would be fused with the weapons for 25 seconds instead of having to shoot though a tiny electric window.

Yay or Nay?

E-shield is the best ability volt has and you wanna take that away?

Making it mobile would be Op, we have to have some leniency with  DE when It comes to nerfs, buffs and fixes.

I fell the same way as well. If Electric Shield became mobile, I think it will most likely go through similar changes as Rhino's Iron Skin.

Like, back when Rhino's Iron Skin lasted up to15 seconds and granted him invincibility, it was obvious that it was too over powered and DE decided to balance it by giving it a damage cap instead of timed duration.

Electric Shield that moves with the player and knocks down enemies it comes into contact with. Apply speed and become ridiculous mobile battering ram.

Buff shock and overloads damage, make overload ability 3 and cost 75 energy, make shield his ultimate. Job done, Volt is (maybe to) awesome top tier frame.

Edited by Jandor