Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr : a review.

LascarCapable

My main problems with Zephyr preventing her to be my main:

Tail Wind keeps inertia and momentum when i cast it slightly upwards or straight up and hit a wall/ceiling. When i hit a wall or ceiling, Zephyr sustains movement energy and continues to "move" in pointed direction even if there's an obstacle, preventing me from moving until energy is dissipated. She should STOP when she BONKs her head. It happens so often, when i want to dash upward and hit some bulging debris or piece of set and get stuck there, waiting for ability to stop working.

Airburst's pulling ability should be stronger. Although they made it to have a duration, it still mostly just makes enemies fall in direction of where projectile landed. It seems like when they fall, ground for them is turned into coarse sandpaper with immeasurable force of friction, which prevents them from sliding into epicenter of ability. I saw a corrupted butcher and wanted to pull him in, i casted Aribust in 10 meters from him 5 times in a row, at first he fell and across all of 5 ability usages he barely passed 2 meters before dying from damage, i also wasn't spamming it. This ability needs to be ether slightly powerful in suction, or enemies should launch to epicenter at slight arch, or enemies be more slippery.

And The Tornado. First, when i cast stationary tornadoes in closed quarters i notice some times enemies AI stop moving before they reach the radius of suction and just stand there, gazing on hostile winds. They just stop and do nothing. Tornadoes also doing bad job at pulling enemies from below, like if it spins near the edge of stairs that goes down, enemy can stand point blank to it without being bothered at all.

Second, random Tornadoes. They too random! They can appear in front of you, or on enemies straight behind you. And they move so erratically, like you have a group of enemies spread in front of you, you cast it - one goes at left side of the group, second on small group in a distance to the right, third to one foe behind you just walking into the room. And they pull few guys in and go wander to their important windy business elsewhere, but not on battle field. I get that it's like an uncontrollable force of nature, but come on, it's a warframe's ability. By making random tornadoes home on closest unaffected enemy this ability will become so much better.

And for the last but not least, Zephyr absolutely deserves a triple jump. Like you gave it to Chroma, why? Cause guy has aesthetic wings, like he's some dragon? Well Zephyr has whole thematic of flight and air mobility, so please consider.

In high sight, very good rework, AWESOME skins. Enjoying to play her, but all this finicky stuff mentioned above makes me tilted.

6 hours ago, OniGrimm said:

Tail Wind keeps inertia and momentum when i cast it slightly upwards or straight up and hit a wall/ceiling. When i hit a wall or ceiling, Zephyr sustains movement energy and continues to "move" in pointed direction even if there's an obstacle, preventing me from moving until energy is dissipated. She should STOP when she BONKs her head. It happens so often, when i want to dash upward and hit some bulging debris or piece of set and get stuck there, waiting for ability to stop working.

If hitting a wall, use your Aim button, it triggers a Wall Latch that completely removes momentum.

If free in space, hold 1, it triggers the Hover and completely removes momentum. (That was kind of the actual reason why all the Zephyr players wanted the Hover to be 'cast anywhere' to be honest with you.)

7 hours ago, OniGrimm said:

And for the last but not least, Zephyr absolutely deserves a triple jump. Like you gave it to Chroma, why? Cause guy has aesthetic wings, like he's some dragon? Well Zephyr has whole thematic of flight and air mobility, so please consider.

To be honest, Zephyr should be able to do all those actions (jumps, rolling, bullet jump etc) without limitations. I would like Hover to not deactivate on any action, even more:

At least, like I talked with Birdframe_Prime, Hover should reset those things (jumps, rolling, bullet jump etc).

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

If hitting a wall, use your Aim button, it triggers a Wall Latch that completely removes momentum.

If free in space, hold 1, it triggers the Hover and completely removes momentum. (That was kind of the actual reason why all the Zephyr players wanted the Hover to be 'cast anywhere' to be honest with you.)

The best thing is... you can invert hold/tap of Zephyr, making it simple tapping stooping you almost instantly (not sure about Tailwind + Hover). One thing wrong is with inverting hold/tap we have Suck Airburst with hold. Other abilities from kit fits this inverted scheme (stationary Tornadoes on tap).

Okay I have something a bit awkward to share : I actually would like to remove everything I said about the new Airburst. It's actually not good. In fact, it's pretty bad, and you have Helminth option that can give you much more value.

Here's the story behind my sudden change of opinion :

Today, I simply decided to change my current 265% range build for a 235% range build, because I was desperate to slot in a specific mod. But turns out I witnessed that my airburst felt very... Disappointing to say the least. The pull force felt rather anemic, and the lingering AoE just made enemies felt like they were rubbing on sandpaper. Not very good, especially when you consider that Helminth Larva exist, has the exact same base range and is way more reliable !

So I decided to try another option instead : screw the range build, I'm gonna replace Airburst with Pull and add a bit of strength. Best. Decision. Ever. Turns out Tornadoes are pretty good at catching stuff flying at high speed. Cherry on cake : if your tornado catch something, Pulling agains won't remove them from the Tornado. I traded what was basically a very unreliable power for something way funnier, and surprisingly much more reliable.

If you plan to seriously play Zephyr, do yourself a favor and replace Airburst. There's three very viable replacement options you can choose from :

• Larva : it's basically pull airburst but much more reliable, so much better. It has the exact same range and the exact same targeting, but bunch up enemies much better as well.
  • Pull : it's your most ranged option. Only effective on a 90° angle, but great at actually displacing stuff with a bit of power strength. Probably your best choice if you don't want to focus on power range.
  • Ensnare : lacks a bit of flexibility, but still does a much better job at grouping enemies than Airburst does, and with a better base range.

Now about the changes I would like to suggest :

I think Airburst needs to focus on what it's purpose should be : displacing enemies. Just tossing a ton of gimmicky effects on an ability and hoping it will be good doesn't work :

• Opening enemies to Parazon finishers is very gimmicky. It only serves very niche uses to proc special mod effects that you probably won't need much considering what your kit and what focus schools already gives you. It also requires you to go down and finish off someone, which is something you don't really want to do often. You're Zephyr : you're here to make death rain from the skies.
  • Increasing damage depending of the amount of enemies hit is great on paper... Until you realise you only have a 8m base range on what's basically not much base damage to begin with. Also, playing with high range requires you to tank your strength stat, which means lower damage, which means that effect has actually no purpose. That effect is just not needed, especially if you consider the fact that Target Fixation basically allows a similar playstyle, but much better.

So let's start with that : first, we remove these two effects from Airburst. That's just for clean up purpose.

Now that we have a clean base, we can start improving the ability without feeling like bloating it.

• First, let's tweak the lingering pull effect so it doesn't feel like you're dragging enemies on sandpaper anymore. Just raising slightly the center of the AoE on explosion should do the trick.
  • Then, let's increase the base range of Airburst. I've suggested to make it 11m yesterday. Let's do this.
  • Then, let's change the function of the held version of airburst. I'm just going to quote my older suggestion here because it's still very good and very relevant IMO : "instead of making a projectile that push enemies upon exploding, make it a shockwave that capture enemies on its path but doesn't explode. This could allow you to combo tap and held airburst brilliantly : tap to suck enemies to a desired location, then hold airburst to push everything in the direction you fancy."
  • Finally, make the base cost 25. Jumping is already easy enough to get a cost decrease, so why keeping the cost to 50 after all ?

As a final sanity check, perhaps it could be a good idea to alter helminth version so the base cost is 50 instead of 25 there and maybe tweak some other values or even only make one version of the power available. After all, we don't want that option to be too good to the point of absolutely outshining Larva, Ensnare and Pull.

I'm gonna edit the OP to reflect that post.

5 hours ago, LascarCapable said:

Now about the changes I would like to suggest :

I think Airburst needs to focus on what it's purpose should be : displacing enemies. Just tossing a ton of gimmicky effects on an ability and hoping it will be good doesn't work :

• Opening enemies to Parazon finishers is very gimmicky. It only serves very niche uses to proc special mod effects that you probably won't need much considering what your kit and what focus schools already gives you. It also requires you to go down and finish off someone, which is something you don't really want to do often. You're Zephyr : you're here to make death rain from the skies.
  • Increasing damage depending of the amount of enemies hit is great on paper... Until you realise you only have a 8m base range on what's basically not much base damage to begin with. Also, playing with high range requires you to tank your strength stat, which means lower damage, which means that effect has actually no purpose. That effect is just not needed, especially if you consider the fact that Target Fixation basically allows a similar playstyle, but much better.

So let's start with that : first, we remove these two effects from Airburst. That's just for clean up purpose.

Now that we have a clean base, we can start improving the ability without feeling like bloating it.

• First, let's tweak the lingering pull effect so it doesn't feel like you're dragging enemies on sandpaper anymore. Just raising slightly the center of the AoE on explosion should do the trick.
  • Then, let's increase the base range of Airburst. I've suggested to make it 11m yesterday. Let's do this.
  • Then, let's change the function of the held version of airburst. I'm just going to quote my older suggestion here because it's still very good and very relevant IMO : "instead of making a projectile that push enemies upon exploding, make it a shockwave that capture enemies on its path but doesn't explode. This could allow you to combo tap and held airburst brilliantly : tap to suck enemies to a desired location, then hold airburst to push everything in the direction you fancy."
  • Finally, make the base cost 25. Jumping is already easy enough to get a cost decrease, so why keeping the cost to 50 after all ?

As a final sanity check, perhaps it could be a good idea to alter helminth version so the base cost is 50 instead of 25 there and maybe tweak some other values or even only make one version of the power available. After all, we don't want that option to be too good to the point of absolutely outshining Larva, Ensnare and Pull.

I'm gonna edit the OP to reflect that post.

I can very much agree with these changes. Airburst scraping enemies across sandpaper is the pure product of the implosion being centered on the ground itself, rather than a spot slightly above it, so placing the pulling point slightly away from the impact surface would do just fine. I would also very much agree to removing the mechanics from Airburst that essentially contribute nothing to gameplay, and reworking the hold functionality to something less disruptive. Pushing enemies with a gust of wind would make sense for Zephyr, and would combo well with her tornadoes.

If there is one side-effect of this, it's that I think it shows just how useless Power Strength is on Zephyr for the most part: her 1 can perhaps make use of it as part of an extremely niche build, but otherwise her 2, 3, and 4 don't need Strength at all, they just need Range, Duration, or both. I'm not entirely sure how to remedy this, short of making her crit bonuses scale with Strength, though in the worst case, she wouldn't be the only frame in this predicament, as Loki and even Gauss suffer from the same problem.

7 hours ago, Caelward said:

Wait. What? It actually happened?

Heyo! There's a face that's been in the woodwork for a while...

Yeah. I'm almost completely happy ^^

The update introduced a couple of new bugs, one of which has been fixed already, the other is still around (if you stand directly behind Tornado, enemies can shoot through Tornado and Turbulence together and kill you).

Turbulence itself still needs to be updated to prevent the 'thrown melee' class of weapon, and flame-throwers.

Airburst, while a heck of a lot better than it started out as, is still the weakest grouping tool in the game, and, since it no longer has even the excuse of Synergy with Tornado, there's not really any reason to keep it over a Helminth ability.

But.

Tornado is now incredible.

Tailwind has its air-brake function using Hover.

Hover is cast-anywhere and kind of fun to use now that you can move around, use 'sprint' and 'slide' to adjust its speed, and actually stay airborne for huge amounts of time with it.

Dive Bomb is now an amazing meme with its Augment, way better at meme-ing than it used to be.

Even with that bug I mentioned earlier, I've been able to take Zephyr for hours in Steel Path survival thanks to the update to Airburst and Tornado (who would have guessed that even with the status of 'weakest' grouping tool, making it a functional grouping tool instead of a ragdoll is a tremendous buff) allowing me to direct and distribute my damage where it'll be most effective.

Hell, I did something that I've not been able to do before, which is create, track and kill a Lich entirely with Zephyr (mostly because Impact Liches have Iron Skin and it sucks to kill them). I did this in order to try out the meme build of an Impact based Kuva Nukor with the Hemorrhage mod... (it wasn't worth it, I went through the pain so you guys don't have to, it's not worth it). And I was able to do it because Zephyr now has the function of being able to put down a field of Tornado funnels in one place, kite/CC enemies into it, and deal massively boosted Crit damage through them using her new Passive and the funnel boost.

It's not the same play style as pretty much any other frame, but it's a genuinely powerful play style.

il y a 31 minutes, Birdframe_Prime a dit :

I've been able to take Zephyr for hours in Steel Path survival thanks to the update to Airburst and Tornado (who would have guessed that even with the status of 'weakest' grouping tool, making it a functional grouping tool instead of a ragdoll is a tremendous buff) allowing me to direct and distribute my damage where it'll be most effective.

This. Zephyr is now used almost the same as a bubble mag : use tornado as you would use a bubble, and airburst instead of pull.
jumping while shooting the bramma in the middle of the pack of ennemies was fun.

8 minutes ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

jumping while shooting the bramma in the middle of the pack of ennemies was fun.

I'll tell you a secret... Kuva Chakkhur and use Gas as your element. With the high base Crit Chance to work off Zephyr's passive, the high base damage, the radial hit, and the way the Gas Status just stacks clouds upon clouds? It's... just... the best thing I've found for murdering millions of Steel Path enemies.

What I dislike about Zephyr is the abysmal Tornado pull range and speed. Why reduce the number of Tornadoes? Trading a small range increase for a loss of Tornado only makes the ability worse due to the reduced area coverage. I would be fine if the tornado removal also includes increased Tornado move speed to seek out enemies better.

44 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

That's an awfully niche benefit these days, and in the end that's still two effects on a whole kit that would make substantial use of Strength.

First, it maybe niche, dunno.

Secondly, I haven't said that makes Zephyr "dependent on Strength". It just there is something that use it. That's it. Don't read to much from it. ;)

1 minute ago, quxier said:

First, it maybe niche, dunno.

Secondly, I haven't said that makes Zephyr "dependent on Strength". It just there is something that use it. That's it. Don't read to much from it. ;)

I'm not sure who's reading into what here, because I'm the one who mentioned that several of her base abilities don't need Strength, and you the one who felt the need to correct that by bringing up augments. You're also defending against an accusation I did not make, with quotation marks around words I've never said. What was your point again?

17 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I'm not sure who's reading into what here,

It was more the tone, Teri ^^

The difference between 'don't need' and prefixing it with 'while they can benefit from' is surprisingly large, and modifying the phrasing like that can easily prevent a lot of these arguments you get into. Like the ones with me back in the day.

As a note, with projectile weapons and fall-off damage being much more prevalent in a lot of the more powerful primary/secondary weapons these days... Jet Stream is a niche, but a fairly powerful one. Only around 150-155% (from, say, a double-Umbral) is all you need, but it can really make a difference depending on the weapons you choose.

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It was more the tone, Teri ^^

The difference between 'don't need' and prefixing it with 'while they can benefit from' is surprisingly large, and modifying the phrasing like that can easily prevent a lot of these arguments you get into. Like the ones with me back in the day.

I don't think it's particularly fair to expect others to guard against every possible misinterpretation you could make of what they say, and if that is why you chose to pick whichever argument way back when for which you still carry a grudge, I don't think that can really be my fault, nor my problem. As it stands, her baseline 2, 3, and 4 do not meaningfully benefit from Strength, and if you want to include augments, her 3 augment still doesn't need Strength to do well, so I fail to see the purpose in starting a debate over this when the conclusion from all sides still ends up being that Zephyr doesn't make the best use of Power Strength. You don't really get to speak for this other person, and your attempts at explaining away their behavior come across as a projection of whatever bad blood you've still held onto from our past interactions.

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

As a note, with projectile weapons and fall-off damage being much more prevalent in a lot of the more powerful primary/secondary weapons these days... Jet Stream is a niche, but a fairly powerful one. Only around 150-155% (from, say, a double-Umbral) is all you need, but it can really make a difference depending on the weapons you choose.

I'm struggling to think of environments where mitigating one's damage falloff provides a consistent benefit, as even open levels tend to have the action take place fairly close to the players. I do remember the augment's projectile speed bonus being of significant benefit back when the Tonkor ruled supreme, but these days, which weapons are players going to bring to our current high-level content and try to accelerate?

2 minutes ago, Dirichlet2904 said:

I'm a bit disappointed that glaive throws cancel the hover. I'm assuming the same is true of gunblades.

I think most actions deactivates it, even rolls. I guess shooting guns and using/changing alternate fire won't deactivate it but I haven't tested it. I've made some topic about it:

I'm on PS4 so still don't have the changes yet. Really excited and been coming up with some build ideas.

With the new flying passive buff of 150% crit and the new Mark of the Beast Augment with 120% crit and status when using a thrown melee and killing 6 enemies in 6 secs (I'm looking at u Xoris) The new Infested kitgun and Residual Elements and Theorem Contagion Arcane Arachne and Motus Setup 100% crit and status and ALL that stacking on the Infested SporeLancer. U wall latch kill 6 guys bullet jump land and jump again and kill alot of stuff with your kitguns AOE.

Sound effective? and can someone try this on PC?

3 Forma Zephyr 1 in Aura  (F) = Forma'd slot

Pistol Amp(F)       Aviator

Primed Continuity(F)    Motus Signal    Cunning Drift(F)    Narrow Minded(F)

Primed Flow(F)    Constitution(F)  Jet Stream  Rolling Guard(F)

Theorem Contagion   Arcane Arachne

Arca Plasmor 2 Forma (looking to maybe get a Kuva Kohm)

Hell's Chanber(F) Ravage Blunderbuss Motus Setup

Vicious Spread(F) Primed Point Blank(F) Vigilante Armaments(4)(filler) Burdened Magazine(F)

Snap Shot(F)

SporeLancer 3 Forma

Hornet Strike(F) Magnum Force(F) Barrel Diffusion(F) Lethal Torrent(F)

Augur Pact Synth Charge Fulmination Empty Slot(Riven unlock) 

Eject Magazine

Xoris 5 Forma

Amalgam Organ Shatter(F) Sacrificial Steel(F)(yes umbra) Sacrificial Pressure Rebound

Whirlwind(F) Killing Blow(F) Primed Fever Strike(F) Mark of the Beast

Astral Twilight(F)

Let me know how that works out. Too much jumping to be worth it?

On 2021-03-25 at 5:21 PM, (PSN)DiligentDiamond said:

I'm on PS4 so still don't have the changes yet. Really excited and been coming up with some build ideas.

With the new flying passive buff of 150% crit and the new Mark of the Beast Augment with 120% crit and status when using a thrown melee and killing 6 enemies in 6 secs (I'm looking at u Xoris) The new Infested kitgun and Residual Elements and Theorem Contagion Arcane Arachne and Motus Setup 100% crit and status and ALL that stacking on the Infested SporeLancer. U wall latch kill 6 guys bullet jump land and jump again and kill alot of stuff with your kitguns AOE.

Sound effective? and can someone try this on PC?

3 Forma Zephyr 1 in Aura  (F) = Forma'd slot

Pistol Amp(F)       Aviator

Primed Continuity(F)    Motus Signal    Cunning Drift(F)    Narrow Minded(F)

Primed Flow(F)    Constitution(F)  Jet Stream  Rolling Guard(F)

Theorem Contagion   Arcane Arachne

Arca Plasmor 2 Forma (looking to maybe get a Kuva Kohm)

Hell's Chanber(F) Ravage Blunderbuss Motus Setup

Vicious Spread(F) Primed Point Blank(F) Vigilante Armaments(4)(filler) Burdened Magazine(F)

Snap Shot(F)

SporeLancer 3 Forma

Hornet Strike(F) Magnum Force(F) Barrel Diffusion(F) Lethal Torrent(F)

Augur Pact Synth Charge Fulmination Empty Slot(Riven unlock) 

Eject Magazine

Xoris 5 Forma

Amalgam Organ Shatter(F) Sacrificial Steel(F)(yes umbra) Sacrificial Pressure Rebound

Whirlwind(F) Killing Blow(F) Primed Fever Strike(F) Mark of the Beast

Astral Twilight(F)

Let me know how that works out. Too much jumping to be worth it?

I don't think it will be bad but there might be something more simple out there. If you use funnel clouds and trigger feedback loops with gas or electric, you can pretty much nuke anything without mark of death, so I think it could be better focus on power range and get yourself something to control enemy position (larva would be ideal).

I miss the option to change the color of the tornado. Now the outer part is always blue. And i liked the old visual more, but thats ok.

The Tail Wind is still something that I don't use often. I never use it as attack and only to cross long corridors. But getting stuck at a wall with its momentum is still a big loss of time, so I could actually just run or jump ^^ Make it steerable and stop it if you hit something. Give it an effect like Hydroid's Tidal Surge. Get enemies dragged with you, then I might use it more often in corridor maps.

I tried Tornado in Solim - Eris (Steel Path) with a Miter (Slash,Viral). Worked ok-ish. Every 3rd or 2nd charged shot would deal damage to myself. That means you kill yourself without shields up and I guess that is a bug. I tried to recreate it in the Simulacrum but to no success. That needs to be fixed.

I don't like that you can't shoot trhough a Tornado. That limits options and might even annoy teammates.

If you are in Limbo's Cataclysm and your Tornados are inside as well, you can't hit it with your weapon. That makes playing with Limbo "difficult".

And the usual: Teammates don't know that shooting the Tornado deals damage to enemies. Same goes with Hydroid's Undertow. Talk about that more in the Twitch Streams maybe? Dunno ^^

edit: I forgot, I got knocked over while using the hover mode. Laying on my behind in midair until I moved. Maybe make Zephyr immune to that during the hover  mode?

1 hour ago, Ero_sennin_Jiraya said:

The Tail Wind is still something that I don't use often. I never use it as attack and only to cross long corridors. But getting stuck at a wall with its momentum is still a big loss of time, so I could actually just run or jump ^^ Make it steerable and stop it if you hit something. Give it an effect like Hydroid's Tidal Surge. Get enemies dragged with you, then I might use it more often in corridor maps.

Zephyr has a passive allowing her to gain 150% crit rate as long as she's mid air, so you probably shouldn't sleep on Tail Wind. Using Tail Wind's hover mode (hold your ability button) should be very recommended. Also, consider the fact that you have three mods available to reduce damage taken mid air (Aviator, Aerodynamic, Agility Drift). Pack all these three and you should be able to tank a lot of stuff as long as you remain mid-air. Add to this the fact that Tornado increases crit damage by 200%, and you get the ability to deal tremendous damage with your weaponry.

There's also a way to use Tail Wind as an actual damage power, but it requires you to play with Target Fixation. Thanks to the massive damage boost that Tail Wind recieved, you can stack the damage multiplier of Target Fixation to the point of one hit killing steel path enemies. It used to be a meme build, but now it's totally viable. @Birdframe_Primewill probably be happy to brief you about this.

As for making tail wind displace enemies, I'm not against that idea since there's nothing I like more than a strong ragdoll, but I think most people would dislike it since it would incontrollably push enemies everywhere. It would also make the use of Target Fixation particularily annoying.

1 hour ago, Ero_sennin_Jiraya said:

I tried Tornado in Solim - Eris (Steel Path) with a Miter (Slash,Viral). Worked ok-ish. Every 3rd or 2nd charged shot would deal damage to myself. That means you kill yourself without shields up and I guess that is a bug. I tried to recreate it in the Simulacrum but to no success. That needs to be fixed.

I don't think it's your Miter. There's a bug where enemies can damage you by shooting through your tornadoes. This also ignores Turbulence because it's considered as AoE damage. Hopefully a fix may come soon.

As a long time Zephyr main who went through all the changes Zephyr had (old turbulence, dive bomb, bugged turbulence that could be caster while moving - good bug for once -, waiting so long for prime while seeing more recent frames getting primed ...), this update is really welcome. Well, i still subsume airburst because it's still not a good ability in my opinion, but at least they tried. Passive is good (well, Zephyr's passive was the first one in the game so of course it was outdated), Tailwind is good, and the hover mode is fun, and nice in some situations (too bad we can't control the height), and tornadoes are good too. Turbulence is still the same, but well, it works wonder so no need to change.

Overall, more than simple buffs, i'm really glad they gave Zephyr an identity.

Since there are Zephyr mains here, what are your "Zephyr's designed weapons" ? I mean, weapons that really scream "it was made for her" ? I really liked the castanas (before it was nerfed with a big dispersion on multishots), because it was powerful and accurate, but the projectiles were too slow to use it at long range ... except for Zephyr who could jump and bombard enemies with fast and accurate explosives. I now enjoy the glaive prime for that - thrown melee really benefit from turbulence's augment.

Le 22/03/2021 à 01:45, Voka1 a dit :

I've still got lots of Steel Path nodes left to complete. I come back to it now and again, doing a few at a time. Naturally I'm looking at using Zephyr there, but I'm having survivability issues that's turning the game mode into the Wheel of Fortune whilst using her. There's something that gets through reliably enough to drop me pretty quickly whilst Turbulence is active. I don't know what it is, but so far I've ruled out Eximus auras and melee.

I did the whole Steel Path with Zephyr, except some interceptions where i was using Mirage for mass cleaning. The only survivability i encountered was on corpus new ship tileset, because of the Juno Crewmen. Their "supra like" weapons have a blastzone, like 5m wide. So even if turbulence deflect it, you still get hit. To counter that, you need to build power range, around 125-130% (so one range mod and forget about narrow minded) in order to deflect most of the shots (and dont stand too close to walls). You will most probably lose your sentinel through, nothing you can do about it. These weapons hitboxes are just too large.

Le 22/03/2021 à 18:13, quxier a dit :

You can use (heavy) slam attack. When you have a zaw you can use Exodia Epidemic for lifting effect (if that's "your thing").

As melee fan it sadden me a lot. Most moves break Hover. At least you can block.

That being said there are few weapons or arcanes that take some advantage of being in the air:

- Exodia Epidemic - slam attack

- Exodia Contagion - shoots projectile

- Vitrica - glass enemies

And probably few more.

I really enjoy glaive weapons (mine is a glaive prime). These are powerful weapons that can benefit a lot from Zephyr, more than most other melees. Throwing the glaive still break tailwinds hover through. But just jumping and throwing through turbulence works very well.

22 hours ago, Nenyx said:

I did the whole Steel Path with Zephyr, except some interceptions where i was using Mirage for mass cleaning. The only survivability i encountered was on corpus new ship tileset, because of the Juno Crewmen. Their "supra like" weapons have a blastzone, like 5m wide. So even if turbulence deflect it, you still get hit. To counter that, you need to build power range, around 125-130% (so one range mod and forget about narrow minded) in order to deflect most of the shots (and dont stand too close to walls). You will most probably lose your sentinel through, nothing you can do about it. These weapons hitboxes are just too large.

Yeah the new Corpus ship tileset was particularly gruesome. I tried a high range build and that helped a lot. It also made airburst ragdoll a lot more enemies as well. If they are getting dragged around the floor then they aren't able to shoot, and it pulls them into the tornadoes more.

How did you approach Lephantis?

Archived