The Corpus Railjack is awesome.

As usual with any meaningful updates, some people are disapointed by the new content. I tried to keep a neutral point of view discovering the few new proxima and the new tools to play with, especially the crew, and I have to say, this is amazing.

This huge part of content we were waiting for is really well made. Travelling around space in railjack jumping from different marked point of interest before the main mission makes any railjack runs a little adventure, enjoyable both in solo and in squad. The gameplay is attractive, and the Art is so complete ; using all the visual technologies from all recent Corpus remake while also introducing here to the new Ice Corpus tileset, found in some floating bases. Beside the ships from Deadlock protocol, there is a new kind of Corpus ship, a mix between the Jovian concord assets and the later, and also a new tile set of "Corpus ship boarding a Orokin tower" ; and all those maps are really beautiful.

The improvement to the Railjack are in the right direction. the UI, the gameplay, and feelings, everything is updated. It take a while to adapt to the altered mechanics, but that's a good point. And now, we get to use the big cannon on capital ships like they said we would be able to, and that's priceless.

The Orphix and Volatile missions are engaging. But the only issue I found out in making a full crew of bots for the railjack was that it meant having a really powerfull versatile warframe equipped to be able to solo complete (efficiently) the proposed missions, and I didn't have much time to try to reach the C rotations of Orphix or other Defenses, by lack of tools to do so. The Crew stay a interesting replacement factor when you only have half a squad of teammates. Now I only wish we could make up our own hired crew during normal -non railjack- missions.

I wasn't sure the crew would be any usefull in the ship, but ho boy, they do know how to handle those turret. Playing solo, having two gunners and one engineer makes sure you have enough space to breath to drive, cast, and board. I don't think they repair enough, unless they have they own pool of revolite (?) ; but they still bring life to the ship. Speaking of ship, the new interior is so much better. Less doors (less bugs), less space so you don't get lost and confused into, and the crew have a easier time navigating it.

I had such a huge laugh when I was exploring a corpus base, and by mistake, I fell into a hole in the hull. Thing is, when that happened, you end up being lost in space, only to be caught by your archwing, and this is so well made. I thought at first that was a bug, but it was just a logical implementation.

As a Update, I thought being disapointed by the lack of "hugh amount of things to grind" (Weapons/Frames, Mods, Corpus Liches) - but as a Warframe Update, this is going smoothly, setting the game into higher orbits. We are getting one step closer to the ultimate connection between all the missions in game, while also making it more accessible, more fun overall, more complete as a "Content Continent".

Well done DE.

• Like 30

And now lets remove pink glasses for a sec to see the wonders of this upgrade. Corpus missions are straight up dissapointment with railjack acting as a taxi you have you protect(Scarlet spear says hello). Endless missions are just boring defence INSIDE the ship, not in space. Complete long mission on foot to board the ship and play another long boring mission on foot? No thanks. The amount of gamebreaking bugs are infuriating, 'improved' matchmaking system is a pain because it undone the purpuse of new mod system. Whats the point of building my ship if I'll never use it and always ended up on someone else's ship?

Fix all the bug

Fix Ordinance rank 10 or remove it already

Return ability to host railjack missions

Add proper endless modes for railjack to enjoy

Rework Corpus proxima missions to be shorter and involve Railjack

• Like 19
1 minute ago, NoLazyShadow said:

And now lets remove pink glasses for a sec to see the wonders of this upgrade. Corpus missions are straight up dissapointment with railjack acting as a taxi you have you protect(Scarlet spear says hello). Endless missions are just boring defence INSIDE the ship, not in space. Complete long mission on foot to board the ship and play another long boring mission on foot? No thanks. The amount of gamebreaking bugs are infuriating, 'improved' matchmaking system is a pain because it undone the purpuse of new mod system. Whats the point of building my ship if I'll never use it and always ended up on someone else's ship?

Fix all the bug

If you have a necramech, it feels amazing just charging through the mission obliterating all the enemies

I feel as if the necramech in the starchat missions will be something we will see in the near future, this is the second time we've seen necramechs be implemented into starchart (related at the very least) maps, I could see that after all the bugs and kinks are worked out, they'll finally implement it into star chart maps, which I think a good majority of the community would like to see

Thinking this update is a means to figure out bugs and stress test things before an even bigger, major update drops.

• Like 5

crewship corpus are very annoying to kill....the shield keep moving even when we disable the ship ....

And orphix they spwan too fast....for solo player they will have big problems there. 

Not the best update for sure....flux energy killed my experience.

Edited by Vaml77
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Corpus Railjack mission original intention was more ground mission time than space. I forgot the source, but DE Steve said this in one of the streams. If you want full on space combat play grineer missions.

Bugs? Did you forget that DE uses the PC player base as guinea pigs for the console players? If you want a bug free experience, don’t play at launch.

• Like 9
vor 27 Minuten schrieb NoLazyShadow:

Fix all the bug

Let me wear my pink glasses and have fun while I am wearing them.

Maybe you should wear some, too, Captain Negative :D

• Like 16
27 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Fix all the bug

I don't get why you're whining about mission length.

Did you forget how long the grineer missions were. Those took half an hour sometimes.

• Like 6
6 минут назад, DrivaMain сказал:

Corpus Railjack mission original intention was more ground mission time than space. I forgot the source, but DE Steve said this in one of the streams. If you want full on space combat play grineer missions.

Which is idiotic. If i want to play ground missions, I will play ground missions. Pardon me for wanting to railjack in railjack.

Edited by Serafim_94
  • Like 13
2 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Which is idiotic. If i want to play ground missions, I will play ground missions. Pardon me for wanting to railjack in railjack.

Yeah but a vocal minority decided that the game doesn't have enough " shoot in corridors" and of course now we get that. So now we have to cry about the opposite.

• Like 13
13 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Let me wear my pink glasses and have fun while I am wearing them.

Maybe you should wear some, too, Captain Negative :D

It is not negative but realistic.

• Like 7
il y a 3 minutes, Psianide73 a dit :

Op... How dare you enjoy something!

Yes I know... But it's not really my fault : How dare DE try to make a game that can be enjoyed by people. Less content, more bugs please, so we can have something to whine about !

• Like 5

Honestly I'm having a blast.

Getting to fight around the cool new corpus ships, with objectives that are more then shoot this many things.

The exterminate and volatile missions are great. The changes to Orphix makes the mode much faster and hectic.

I like the new Talyn turret, has a spin up like the gorgon.

I do feel the defense mission is a bit too static, I was thinking something more like hijack where you have to dock your railjack and steel cargo would fit better.

• Like 9

The art and sound team always do a good job is also cool that derelicts spawn more often. I like Railjack, i really do but the Corpus Proximas have the same problems as Scarlet Spear, that your Railjack doesn't matter at the end since you will be 90% of the time on foot.

They already have a good mix between Railjack combat and ground combat with the grineer Proximas, i don't know why they didn't implemented them in the first place also, the way they implemented the new missions in Corpus Proximas totally invalids the command system.

Edited by chofranc
  • Like 4

RJ Defense sucks, it is just a little RJ element with ground defense glued together. Especially using that disgusting corpus defense tileset.

Exterminate the same mission flow with defense, it is only a little better than defense because at least i am killing mobs.

Orphix and volatile are alright, but pace maybe a little too harsh for solo. Those control bar increase and sentinel spawn like crazy fast.

And all mission takes too long, all feel likes going through two mission in one go.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

You still can railjack in railjack... its called grineer missions, you literally quoted a comment saying the exact same thing lol

• Like 1
10 минут назад, SSaberr сказал:

You still can railjack in railjack... its called grineer missions, you literally quoted a comment saying the exact same thing lol

Let's try this a bit slower. What is this update called? Corpus Railjack. Something in this name subtly suggests that the update is about Railjack Can't quite put my finger on it. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think "Railjack" though? IDK about you, but I instantly imagine excavation mission.

Railjack main (and, frankly, only) problem was the lack of mission variety. It desperately needed more missions for actual SHIP, other than "kill everything" and "go from point A to point B". I wanted to see an actual capital ship fight - not the sad excuse we had with galleons. On that front, this update is an utter failure. Just like on everything else it tried to do.

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Let's try this a bit slower. What is this update called? Corpus Railjack. Something in this name subtly suggests that the update is about Railjack Can't quite put my finger on it. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think "Railjack" though? IDK about you, but I instantly imagine excavation mission.

Railjack main (and, frankly, only) problem was the lack of mission variety. It desperately needed more missions for actual SHIP, other than "kill everything" and "go from point A to point B". I wanted to see an actual capital ship fight - not the sad excuse we had with galleons. On that front, this update is an utter failure. Just like on everything else it tried to do.

Yeah perhaps, but DE looks for the what "we" want, not the what "I" want. Adding to that, there could be some things preventing such things from entering the game, like what rewards would such a fight give? Everything in the game thats not vaulted already has roots to something else. If they added what you just said into the game, would it interfere with any other gameplay mechanics for the entire game? Would it interfere with the lore? DE literally looks at any suggestions we give, sorts through the popular ones and, if they wanted to, would tell us exactly why it can't happen. And if it can? Well, you have this update. Railjack has been one of the most dead gamemode this game has to offer, with over an hour of no available squads at peak play time even. They gave more people a reason to play, now with some rewards in check that we can receive. And on that note, players can solo easier now with the crewmates covering some of the bases, so that at least wasn't an "utter failure".

EDIT: although i do agree with you, a capital ship fight would be pretty cool

Edited by SSaberr
  • Like 4
vor 3 Stunden schrieb NoLazyShadow:

Fix all the bug

"lets remove pink glasses for a sec" - no joke now ...
if you take out the railjack, you only have normal missions.

and why these strange pauses before and after the mission?
more accurate:

1. before the warframe mission do i have to leave railjack, join a building and wait there for other players? ............
  2. and after the mission the same ??? only here can I teleport directly. all of this is UNNECESSARY nonsense and after 1-2 it is only annoying.

and there are still a lot of weak points. I only name a few of them:

1. voidrig against lvl 30 opponents? his 4th bangs even in deimos SP all opponents in stone age .....
  2. by def for railjack I mean something else. a def mission that i can also play in a turret in railjack!
  3. the fact that arcanes cannot be bought with a reputation is an epic fail. I can only laugh about eidolons. absolutely miserable content and nonsense random.

all in all, update doesn't convince me at all. I just hoped that everything would be playable here with railjack. and trash like repairs, construction being taken out during the mission ... you can regulate everything with power-ups or whatever.

and!!! now we have archwing as a taxi ... AND ALSO RAILJACK AS A TAXI !!!

tenor.gif

Edited by Battle.Mage
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, SSaberr said:

Yeah perhaps, but DE looks for the what "we" want, not the what "I" want. Adding to that, there could be some things preventing such things from entering the game, like what rewards would such a fight give? Everything in the game thats not vaulted already has roots to something else. If they added what you just said into the game, would it interfere with any other gameplay mechanics for the entire game? Would it interfere with the lore? DE literally looks at any suggestions we give, sorts through the popular ones and, if they wanted to, would tell us exactly why it can't happen. And if it can? Well, you have this update. Railjack has been one of the most dead gamemode this game has to offer, with over an hour of no available squads at peak play time even. They gave more people a reason to play, now with some rewards in check that we can receive. And on that note, players can solo easier now with the crewmates covering some of the bases, so that at least wasn't an "utter failure".

The rewards are pretty bad for Veil missions. 400 endo. Yay. The missions take 45 minutes for the same rewards as a 10 minute Neptune.

• Like 2
Just now, Jaccsen said:

The rewards are pretty bad for Veil missions. 400 endo. Yay. The missions take 45 minutes for the same rewards as a 10 minute Neptune.

I do agree, that is pretty harsh, but there are some new things that were added (I think, i havent played much veil since the update so someone close me out if im wrong)

18 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

It desperately needed more missions for actual SHIP, other than "kill everything" and "go from point A to point B".

I actually don't think this is a problem as long as the everything you need to kill is interesting. One of my childhood games is the Star Wars Starfighter miniseries, and in the abstract almost every single mission boils down to "kill everything." But the everything is interesting and the killing is fun. The second game, Jedi Starfighter, even had co-op pilot and gunner missions, so Railjack CAN work

• Like 3
5 минут назад, TARINunit9 сказал:

I actually don't think this is a problem as long as the everything you need to kill is interesting. One of my childhood games is the Star Wars Starfighter miniseries, and in the abstract almost every single mission boils down to "kill everything." But the everything is interesting and the killing is fun. The second game, Jedi Starfighter, even had co-op pilot and gunner missions, so Railjack CAN work

Well, RJ exists alongside the rest of the game, which has a variety of objectives. So for me it's kind of a natural expectation. Like, compare Extermination with Disruption for example. Both revovle around killing things, but in a different manner that keep it fresh.

But even if i'll agree with you here - this update doesn't offer railjack gameplay any more than Scarlet Spear did.

29 минут назад, SSaberr сказал:

Railjack has been one of the most dead gamemode this game has to offer, with over an hour of no available squads at peak play time even.

And here is the main question. What does this update do to make it less dead?

The "streamlining" actually created barriers where there were none before. Railjack durac farm was casual - the main issue with kitting it out was mods. Now mods will continue to be the issue, + credits and endo farm. Endo farm is anything but casual.

Maybe the need to forma? Going to make wonders for accessability.

That fact that new players can't freeride on kitted out ship and get their own stuff rolling, like I did back in the day? Because Plexus.

The crew is the only thing in this update that doesn't fail at its declared purpose. It compensates for that by absolutely shafting liches though, so I'm salty about that too.

Edited by Serafim_94
  • Like 2

If you cannot change something that bother you, you can change the way you look at it. The game IS what it is. Of course, WE, the gamers, can suggest changes, but we cannot directly change the game; we can only enjoy what Digital Extremes offer us. Maybe you guys don't find what you are looking for in this update ; but as a player that enjoyed the first iteration of railjack, I am pleased with the changes, the evolution, the art, and overall all the work that was put there.

This post was to speak about the things you enjoy in this update. I know some of you are disapointed or angry, but there is plenty of other topic where you can express that. I am not showing you the door, but asking you politely to try to find in your heart some happiness about this patch, and share it with us !

• Like 9