Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to destroy "Reactor Weakpoints" in Corpus Railjack?

MqToasty

Question

So in a mission like Neptune Proxima's Sovereign Grasp where 3 Reactor Weakpoints spawn at the end, how do I destroy them all without a 3rd Forward Artillery shot?  My Engineering Intrinsic is not at 4 yet so I cannot forge any ammo myself; and while I hired a 5-star Engineer set in the Engineer role, I cannot find a command to ask her to forge shots.  Is there any other way?  Or is this mission impossible to finish until I raise my Engineering Intrinsic to 4 and have enough raw materials on hand to forge a 3rd shot?

19 answers to this question

Valid question. I think they have overlook this. Not sure why reduced the dome charges in the first place when the AI engineer is unable to use forge.

AI pilot also unable to shoot radiators in grineer nodes. Perhaps those are quite difficult to program at the moment.

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)CKazz said:

(Side note too how can nav / front turret not fire front dome artillery in some manner anyway...)

From a multiplayer point of view and this was true even before railjack 3.0 the pilot seat is already strong enough to solo the maps. So the only weakness it as is that it can't fire dome charge. Even when playing solo with a properly moded ship, swapping to the artillery seat you have plenty of time to kill enemy ship before it goes out of sight.

So I am done with a mission short of a destroy the weakpoint reactor now, I have no access to front artillery (a random player joining me, maybe down there and then leaving??) so now I can't complete after doing all the mission and extra mission otherwise.. *very frustrating* it's bugs like these that you get stuff you want and don't want to leave everything on the table and can do nothing but abandon it all due to a BS bug.

Recently came back to the game and it's crap like this I feel maybe I'll head back out again.  Sigh.

(Side note too how can nav / front turret not fire front dome artillery in some manner anyway...)

On 2021-04-13 at 9:42 PM, UltraZenzon said:

Forgive me if youve figured this out but its pretty simple all you need to do is go into the artillery gun in the room of the pilot seat and do a charged shot from there,

hopefully this helps anyone else confused.

I was also confused until i found it because the game is very bad at explaining various mechanics of the Railjack

Thank you! It would have been nice if something in-game would indicate this was necessary.

1 hour ago, UltraZenzon said:

Forgive me if youve figured this out but its pretty simple all you need to do is go into the artillery gun in the room of the pilot seat and do a charged shot from there,

Please read the topic more thoroughly, it's not about how to use Artillery in the first place,
it's about what to do when you run out of shots and don't have the Intrinsics Rank to craft more.

It's possible without ranking up your engineering, although I suggest you do so ASAP. Here's a few ways I can think of:

• Wait for, like, a really long time. Dome charges will recharge (although extremely slowly. Visit the Point of Interest or something to pass time. Maybe do some donuts.
  • Bring another player, have them fire the third shot. I would advise this if possible.
  • Artillery Cheap Shot + some luck.
  • Bring another player that has enough engineering forge charges?
  • Rank 4 engineering is really cheap in the long run. Best advise is really to farm other missions until you can buy it.

Not technically impossible, but if I were DE I'd either reduce the amount of weak spots or increase the intrinsics gate.

hopefully this helps anyone else confused.

I was also confused until i found it because the game is very bad at explaining various mechanics of the Railjack

3 hours ago, kyori said:

Not sure why reduced the dome charges in the first place when the AI engineer is unable to use forge.

I'll guess that the reason behind the change for dome charge and revolite is because multiplayer make it so your back to how it was before, tho this hurt solo player the most.

I am very sad to read this as I just had the exact same issue and went to look up a solution to this problem. I had not invested anything into engineering yet (had an A.I. crew member doing repairs) and do not have the cheap shot mod to work around it. Went around finding the hidden derelict before going back to ship after hacking the corpus vessel to try and destroy weak point without any means to. Completely agree with what has been said, we shouldn't be able to start a mission without the necessary requirements to finish said mission. 

This seems to be a trend, I am only getting into railjack now because of the crew A.I. system they added as I am a solo player, but was very surprised at the lack of a tutorial or tutorial mission upon making your railjack. 

16 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

Equip the artillery cheap shot mod as a work around then

Yes, MostlyUseless already suggested that and I probably will once I get it.  But leveling Engineering to Rank 4 was much easier so I just did that instead.  Still, it would have been nice if DE put it down as a prerequisite.

23 hours ago, MqToasty said:

So in a mission like Neptune Proxima's Sovereign Grasp where 3 Reactor Weakpoints spawn at the end, how do I destroy them all without a 3rd Forward Artillery shot?  My Engineering Intrinsic is not at 4 yet so I cannot forge any ammo myself; and while I hired a 5-star Engineer set in the Engineer role, I cannot find a command to ask her to forge shots.  Is there any other way?  Or is this mission impossible to finish until I raise my Engineering Intrinsic to 4 and have enough raw materials on hand to forge a 3rd shot?

Ehm, just go to the forge and build a dome charge?

6 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

ofcourse you need to rank up, if there was work around to such things then why would anyone bother rank up

Alright, bug report it is then.  If the requirement for that mission is Engineering 4+ (and have enough resources to craft another charge), then I should not be allowed to start that mission.  Making the player waste 20 minutes of their time just to get stuck at the end of an otherwise easy mission they have no chance of finishing is not really acceptable game design, IMO.

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

IIRC, I think you can board them ships and destroy it that way

Well, I already boarded the ship and Cy hacked it to expose the 3 weakpoints.  Is there an option to go back in again?  I'll have to try next time.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, MostlyUseless said:

When running solo, if your hired engineer can't/won't build a dome charge, and you don't have the intrinsic yet, your best bet is probably the [Artillery Cheap Shot] avionic.  Even then, you'll have a chance of not being able to get a 3rd shot off.  Don't miss and good luck!

I don't have that mod yet, but I know what I will be farming next!

When running solo, if your hired engineer can't/won't build a dome charge, and you don't have the intrinsic yet, your best bet is probably the [Artillery Cheap Shot] avionic.  Even then, you'll have a chance of not being able to get a 3rd shot off.  Don't miss and good luck!

Archived