Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plasma Sword Build?

GruntySoldier

Question

Right now I'm using the Plasma Sword with (from top left hand corner to top right hand corner, then to bottom left hand corner to bottom right hand corner)

-Killing Blow on a V polarity

-Fury

-Melee Channel

-Sundering Strike

-True Steel on a V polarity

-Organ Shatter on a V polarity

-Focus Energy

-Rending Strike

Is this build any good? If not what would you put on it instead?

11 answers to this question

It seems nice, I'd use Reflex Coil though. Probably instead of Melee Channel but I have no experience on its effectiveness.

Melee Channel holds up to 200 bonus damage at max rank (I forgot to mention the mods are all max rank) and is applied after the critical hit multiplier so I thought it would be a nice addition. With this build I was going for 1-hit Kills rather than DPS.

Source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_Channel

If it's added after the crit multiplier, then it isn't that nice imo.

How well do you one shot enemies without melee channel?

I've done 4242 damage on crits before without the Melee Channel bonus. With the Melee Channel bonus it doesn't seem to change since it's also affected by Streamline change (Instead of 25 energy becomes 100 damage it'll be 25 energy becomes 25 damage) 

I've done 4242 damage on crits before without the Melee Channel bonus. With the Melee Channel bonus it doesn't seem to change since it's also affected by Streamline change (Instead of 25 energy becomes 100 damage it'll be 25 energy becomes 25 damage) 

Melee Channel seems bad all around. I'd definitely use Reflex Coil or even a lot of other mods before it.

Here's my Plasma Sword build:

Sell it and get a multi-target melee that is worthwhile using

The Galatine is pretty much an upgraded Plasma Sword with extremely slow swing. But I like my Plasma Sword because of its cosmetics and not-too-bad sats. I'd go as far as to say it's the best Longsword, but that's not saying much since Longswords seem to be underwhelming besides Dark Sword, Dakra Prime, and Plasma Sword.

Plasma sword, unfortunately, just can't keep up with better weapons. However, if you insist on using it, focus on a charge damage/crit build to leverage the innate 15% Crit chance.

Also, Melee Channel is actually pretty good if you have the space. Its damage is added after the crit hit multiplier, yes, but before the elemental damages are calculated. Use it on a rainbow build for most effect.

Would still recommend Orthos for a fast, multi-hit heavy weapon or Kogake for a single-target dps crit monster. Plasma sword has one foot sitting uncomfortably in each camp and is succeeding at neither. Keep it around for the inevitable Long Sword changes.

In a charge build, which is the best build for the plasma sword, you can drop out sundering strike. In the current phase of the game elemental mods do not effect your charge ability. You should drop out sundering.

DO keep rending, and focus energy, even though these two add elemental damage, their charge speed and charge damage are necessary for a great build.

Melee channel is a nice mod, but inconsistent. You have to use a power in order to get the bonus damage, who has time for that when you are hacking and slashing?

Also, keep fury. Fury doesn't help you charge faster... but, it does help you finish your attack animation quicker, allowing you to get into a new charge quicker.

Everything else in your build is pretty great for a nice crit charge build for the plasma sword, mine is similar, except no sundering strike, or melee channel, add reflex coil... reflex coil is my #1 mod for a charge build.

+ Reflex Coil

- Sundering Strike

- Melee Channel