Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

general feedback for the new RJ

Domaik

This is probably not all the problems i've encountered but some of the most annoying ones.

-Combat and mission flow GREATLY stopped by forcing all players to board ship for the last part of missions. (I thought RJ point was to have one person aboard and one on "outside" duty). This is an awkward decision considering it wasn't a requirement for sentient assault missions or any grineer missions back then. why is it mandatory now?

-Veil proxima mission length is too much. 2 pre-mission objectives while your ship is being shot to death? a bit too much.

-Difficulty scaling, specially in Veil proxima is also a bit too much. Have to resort to melee to deal with super tanky enemies and build  warframe specifically for survival. When melee is nerfed what will we do?

-RJ related enemies are also rather difficult and don't show well how to deal with their shields and what they do. Specially true for the corpus crew ships. Ignoring them all together is the best solution right now.

-orphyx venom difficulty scale is also a concern, very easy to fail mission because of sentient control levels.

-energy economy in RJ needs to be addressed and improved. using non-energy warframes in RJ is nearly impossible right now and energy warframe rely incredibly in energy builds + restores spamming or protea.  This update forced me for the first time in 8 years of warframe to bind energy pizzas to a button so i can use them quickly then get back into pilot seat. I've always been against the idea of spamming restores to be able to perform well in missions.

Overall, the update is actually very fun, the concepts implemented are the right ones in my opinion but scaling, difficulty and length feel too much even with "meta" equipment.  considering that nerfs are incoming in the future, this might be a problem and could deter players from engaging.

hace 9 minutos, Domaik dijo:

-Combat and mission flow GREATLY stopped by forcing all players to board ship for the last part of missions. (I thought RJ point was to have one person aboard and one on "outside" duty). This is an awkward decision considering it wasn't a requirement for sentient assault missions or any grineer missions back then. why is it mandatory now?

hace 9 minutos, Domaik dijo:

-energy economy in RJ needs to be addressed and improved. using non-energy warframes in RJ is nearly impossible right now and energy warframe rely incredibly in energy builds + restores spamming or protea.  This update forced me for the first time in 8 years of warframe to bind energy pizzas to a button so i can use them quickly then get back into pilot seat. I've always been against the idea of spamming restores to be able to perform well in missions.

These two and here's another:

-The npc's you hire, even if they have piloting at max, will do nothing if they pilot the ship

Also the lich is pretty useless.

4 minutes ago, Domaik said:

-Veil proxima mission length is too much. 2 pre-mission objectives while your ship is being shot to death? a bit too much.

I'm fond of it, personally. It legitimises having such a well-prepared 'jack. 

27 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

-The npc's you hire, even if they have piloting at max, will do nothing if they pilot the ship

What? My pilot flies the ship all the time. Only thing he doesn't do is that dodge/drift/slide mechanic. He'll also shoot the pilot guns, though he won't do it too often because he prefers to circle around targets instead of point towards them. If your pilot is just sitting there, you might have a bug.

hace 40 minutos, Cpl_Facehugger dijo:

What? My pilot flies the ship all the time. Only thing he doesn't do is that dodge/drift/slide mechanic. He'll also shoot the pilot guns, though he won't do it too often because he prefers to circle around targets instead of point towards them. If your pilot is just sitting there, you might have a bug.

Right, just tested and 2/3 times did nothing but this time it actually flew the ship... strange

Archived