Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which turret on RJ is the best turret now?

AngryBAsian

Crit is the way cause the status effects are moderately good, and you have infinite ammo on turrets so you want MOAR BULLETS per second

you want as much upfront damage as possible.

So Zetki/Vidar tend to be the preferred choices of house.

I havent managed to get all the new weapons yet (cant remember their names either),

But Vidar/Zetki Carcinnox/Apoc used to be "good enough" for general use i cleared most of the new proxima regions with them.

They still remain some of the best options.

Amongst the new options i enjoyed the electric (Vort) and fire (Talyn) ones talyn is hitscan , just like the photor but is much more of a machine gun than a beam weapon.

Still need to test the Glazio , but the laith .... is not ideal , its too slow and the damage per shot is not high enough , bad host lag can totally screw you.

On 2021-03-20 at 2:54 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

Still need to test the Glazio , but the laith .... is not ideal , its too slow and the damage per shot is not high enough , bad host lag can totally screw you.

The Glazio is pretty much equivalent of a semi-automatic rifle.  It has good range and it also has good crit chance of 50% on the Zekti version without he crit chance mod involved.  That means with the mod it goes up to 75% so this thing hits like a truck when you build for it.  It's not hitscan so it's not the best thing for the AI to use but it's not bad either since the projectile moves at a decent speed it looks like.

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Probably the Glazio, Zetki Mk III?

Or, alternatively, any turret manned by a crewmember. With Gunnery 5 and Talyn Mk III's, you could just eject in Archwing, stand off from a kilometer away, and watch the crew vapourise all comers.

I use 2 gunners and an engineer as my crew members.  The gunners do quite a bit of damage and can handle pretty much everything that comes at them when I leave the railjack and if a ramsled does get through, the engineer does handle the boarding party since I built him to be a bit tanky and decent at combat (5 repair, 5 endurance, and 3 combat).

Honestly, it feels like the Defender Role is a bit of a waste truth be told since the engineer will fight the boarding parties when not repairing.  Give your engineer a good gun and it'll handle anything.  My engineer uses my acceltra and just kills anything.

On 2021-03-20 at 7:42 PM, AngryBAsian said:

I've heared crit is the way to go but the mod only gives 50% crit chance

Zetki Photor MK III with mod setup posted below works like that https://streamable.com/r9k719

(overheat bar reset from rank 9 gunnery while aimbot is from rank 10)

kWPyDof.png

2x Rank 5 Gunners with Zetki Talyn MK III as side turrets 
And they do exactly what you see on video below

31 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

Glazio its very hard to hit but damage is nice...i think glazio needs more speed maybe or increase the area damage.

Laith is similar with glazio and projectile a little more faster

Use the +projectile speed, +range mod with Glazio. You won't look back.

Zetki Talyn for A.I gunners is just insane. For pilot seat I'd probably go with Glazio, but I'm still trying to find which one I like the most. And with the rank 9 gunner perk there is no reason to go with anything but Zetki, since the heat cost doesnt matter anymore.

I finished testing all weapons just yesterday:

I see a lot of people liking the Glazio but it's way too slow for my own taste, it doesn't feel good to use, so I settled on the machine guns

Zetki Apoc Mk III & Zetki Carcinnox Mk III are very good for everything, wrecking fighters & crewships alike

Zetki Talyn Mk III is very good against fighters, having a little more range than the other weapons, but pure fire damage isn't doing much to crewships

Zetki Vort Mk III does a little less damage to fighters but the electricity proc is fun to watch, but like the Talyn, it's next to useless against crewships

Overall, I settled on having two Apocs on my railjack. With two AI gunners, it destroys everything in seconds

Photor on gunners the ai take down corpus shield on crew ships just fine. Whatever you like on the front, you will rarely get to use the front gun. The glazio is garbage, try knocking down bubbles in Grineer missions with that slow fire rate it's even worse than cryophon epic level trash.🙄

Surprised that no one suggest glazio for AI crew

I tried it in veil grineer skirmish lv80-90, have 2 tier 5 gunner with zetki iii glazio and an AI pilot, it killed 70+ fighters within ~1-2min, 1 hit 1 kill.

While the same test for talyn tooks considerably longer, didn't count the exact time for both test.

(Modded with all maxed turret dmg plexus ofc)

Idk for corpus (tho for corpus fighters are not even part of the objective), but it definitely works for grineer skirmish)

Zetki Apoc Mk III & Zetki Carcinnox Mk III 

I use Zetki Apoc and Carcinnox still. I dislike Glazio and Cryo now; I can't hit anything lol. The hitbox is microscopic.

Not sure what's going on with Cryo but it's bullet is the same as Glazio and feels like a bug.

For solo, Zetki Talyn on the swivels using AI gunners and Zetki Glazio on the helm with a human pilot has been working well for me. But anything works, so it's really a matter of style and preference. 

BTW, IMO the Blackout EMP with a Vidar Reactor is the new king of battle mods, the prior champs have had their range shortened to mediocrity. Also Phoenix is fun and good now compared to the past, great to use between cloaks while there are still several crew ships up. I have shelved Blackhole, Tether and Munitions Vortex for the time being until they get some buffing. YMV.

Archived