Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the correct ship prefix for Tenno Railjack names?

MqToasty

So U.S. ships are prefixed with USS (United States' Ship) and British ships are prefixed with HMS (Her Majesty's Ship).  What is the correct prefix for our Railjacks?  A few possibilities come to mind:

TR (Tennos' Railjack)
TZS (Ten-Zero Ship)
LR (Lotus' Railjack)
SMS (Space Mom's Ship)
TMitWFFPS (The Man in the Wall's Fat Finger-Powered Ship)

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

Thoughts?

Well, since Lotus isn't really on our side anymore, and there's no official Tenno fleet, I'd say there just is no "correct" prefix.

If you really wanted one I guess you could just make one up. Personally, my clan is called I3lackstar (Blackstar), and my ship is called Hornet, so I'd say my ship's full name would be "BSS Hornet" (BSS = Blackstar Ship)

Serious answer: that depends if we even count as a nation or organized military.

In the past DE made a big deal about the Tenno Council and a wider Tenno culture (we had a legal structure for weddings, for example). In addition, the Relays are all Tenno property -- Perrin and Steel Merid agree to a creasefire on our orders, recognizing neutral ground as policed by us. While the Tenno war effort was still undoubtedly a loose amalgamation of mercenaries, there was at least an attempt to show us as a legitimate political and military entity.

But ever since the Second Dream, the Warframe lore has shifted to a protagonist level focus. The Tenno Council hasn't been mentioned in years. The entire Lotus/Natah/Erra/Ballas plotline pretends that there is only one Tenno in all of existence. And the entire "Tenno culture" is implied to be a lie made up by the Orokin to keep their pissed-off demon soldiers from killing them (which worked for a while). Literally the only piece of lore that still remembers the Tenno are a political entity was the Relay Reconstruction Event a couple years back

Back to the meme answers: I'm pretty sure it's LOL or LMAO. I was putting in a transfer to do Orphix missions earlier, and I got picked up by the captain of the LOL-69420. It took me a while to find his ship, I got turned around after mixing him up with the LOLLERCOASTER

3 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

sometimes prefixes mean the mode of locomotion, personally  i used V.S. (void ship), you could maybe think also space bending or warping, faster than light ship or something, hope it helps.

Void Ship would take my vote for most appropriate. As well as sounding generally better too. Might have to start calling my dojo the VS Incident instead of The Incident, sounds great. 

13 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Void Ship would take my vote for most appropriate. As well as sounding generally better too. Might have to start calling my dojo the VS Incident instead of The Incident, sounds great. 

I like it for the simplicity orginally i used S.S.R. (sigma series railjack)

28 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

sometimes prefixes mean the mode of locomotion, personally  i used V.S. (void ship), you could maybe think also space bending or warping, faster than light ship or something, hope it helps.

This is my unofficial prefix. Thank you. 

Do the Tenno count as a Military Arm or as just Mercenaries with common agendas?

If its a Military Arm it would make sense to have a prefix,

In the Orokin days i assume it would have some prefix like "Navy of the Orokin Empirial" or NEO

Currently we do not have any governing body as such and so merchant navy terminology would apply like

MS (M/S) Motor ship (interchangeable with MV)
MSV Multipurpose support/supply vessel
MSY Motor Sailing Yacht
MT Motor Tanker

Since we are designating the ship as "interceptor class" and the ship type is already a Rail Jack

so RJI : Rail Jack Interceptor would be apt.

Similarly corpus should have CCN : Corpus Conglomerate Navy

And grineer should have TQB : The Queens Boats

Archived