Jump to content

My experiences with the new Railjack, so far.


Recommended Posts

Gonna keep it short and sweet;
(This feedback is from me doing the nodes on Venus.)

I'm liking the update so far, however there is, ironically, not enough Railjack in the Railjack missions. You have a brief firefight with a couple of crewships, which you can just blast away with forward artillery, you shoot a couple of security things on the sides of the ship, enter and do something like the usual Exterminate or Defense. While I love the near-seamless transition between Railjack and normal mission gameplay, it somehow feels equally refreshing and not-refreshing.

Great work on the interconnectivity though. But I would like to see Railjack be more prominent.
 

 

Some bugs I experienced (That have probably been patched out by now or are in the process of being patched out

1. Tenno sometimes not being thrown inside the ship airlock after Cy's countdown.

2?. Players in Necramechs not being detected in the "waiting for players" bits of missions.

3. unknown.png
(Archwing Slingshot seriously screws with your camera. Was pretty hilarious, and I did manage to get it re-oriented (almost) correctly, but it can definitely mess you up.)

4. Archguns feel a bit weak against Orphixes. Was using my Imperator Vandal against them and wasn't really doing a whole lot. Yes, it had mods on it.

 

Other than all that, I'm liking Railjack. Still needs some work, but overall it's a lot more enjoyable.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

4. Archguns feel a bit weak against Orphixes. Was using my Imperator Vandal against them and wasn't really doing a whole lot. Yes, it had mods on it.

 

Other than all that, I'm liking Railjack. Still needs some work, but overall it's a lot more enjoyable.

I'mma be honest here. Every Archgun has consistently been outperformed by the Mausolon in all of my uses. It's a beast of a gun that just carries itself through everything.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

Imperator Vandal

... Orphixes have their Damage Resistance tied to DPS. The more you hit per second, you deal LESS damage you do...

So, your own Archgun is putting you at a disadvantage... go figure...

Edited by Uhkretor
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably the worst mode I've played - and Railjack 2.0 is a prime example of ruining what was a decent mode.

The mandatory Orphix missions require a mech that not everyone has (haven;t found the trash mechs so far), and the extended extermination and defence missions are just that (from the non-RJ missions).

The new tilesets are neat, but serve as a different room for people to zip through and loot.

tl;dr - this mode is no longer fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

This is probably the worst mode I've played - and Railjack 2.0 is a prime example of ruining what was a decent mode.

The mandatory Orphix missions require a mech that not everyone has (haven;t found the trash mechs so far), and the extended extermination and defence missions are just that (from the non-RJ missions).

The new tilesets are neat, but serve as a different room for people to zip through and loot.

tl;dr - this mode is no longer fun

The Grineer part is still quite fun, for me. The Corpus regions are more about ground combat, than flying the Railjack, given how every mission revolves around getting inside a capital ship and doing a copy-pasted mission from the regular star chart. Forcing the whole squad into said missions when one person enters them, doesn't help. Even the Grineer asteroid bases feel more creative than that. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

This is probably the worst mode I've played - and Railjack 2.0 is a prime example of ruining what was a decent mode.

The mandatory Orphix missions require a mech that not everyone has (haven;t found the trash mechs so far), and the extended extermination and defence missions are just that (from the non-RJ missions).

The new tilesets are neat, but serve as a different room for people to zip through and loot.

tl;dr - this mode is no longer fun

You literally get a Nechramech for that mission.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

I'mma be honest here. Every Archgun has consistently been outperformed by the Mausolon in all of my uses. It's a beast of a gun that just carries itself through everything.

Minus wall-glitching during orphix, which is argueably the point of it all. If orphix is mech, then mech is vectis.

Better off being able to skip ahead, save time and move less, since you have other sources of damage on the mechs. 

Though for spawning an archgun in regular missions, the mausolon is king for its ammo capacity.

Could have used not looking like a flat pancake though. More mingun or aircraft carrier style would have helped.

Edited by Surbusken
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

Great work on the interconnectivity though. But I would like to see Railjack be more prominent.

All the way before this update is even a thing, i was always wanted more "railjack". I love the whole star wars vibe. I believe rj alone can make a pretty decent spaceship battle game if only it have good missions.

But everytime i mentioned it in this forum, people would go nuts and crush me with their "imagine not playing warframe in a game called warframe. SCREW THE SHIP, WE WANT MORE WARFRAME!!!"

Of course, just like with the whole melee fiasco, the loudest are the ones who got heard. And so now we have even more warframe than railjack in railjack mode. What do they call it? Railjack is just a taxi now?

Edited by Soy77
Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 11 minutes, Aazhyd a dit :

This update allows you to almost completely ignore the Railjack and do everything with archwing.

Yes. it feels pretty bad :).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that now you have option of doing mostly normal mission with some RJ in it, or just do the old Grineer stuff that is mostly just RJ. As far as I understand, this patch gave us more options.

Anyways.

Where can I see how much Dome Charges and other Railjack consumable stuff I have on my disposal when I'm in a mission? I just don't seem to find it in the Configure Railjack - position in the Dojo and I can't access Forges when the RJ is in the Dojo.

Edited by Dthamilaye
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

This update allows you to almost completely ignore the Railjack and do everything with archwing.

that is how railjack was orginally the first big buff of it just made tether riddiclously op to solo missions in 1-2 mins now this, I havn't played the new mode much yet to fully judge it myself atm though

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sarge_Tarmus said:

The Grineer part is still quite fun, for me. The Corpus regions are more about ground combat, than flying the Railjack, given how every mission revolves around getting inside a capital ship and doing a copy-pasted mission from the regular star chart. Forcing the whole squad into said missions when one person enters them, doesn't help. Even the Grineer asteroid bases feel more creative than that. 

 

I think the "Tenno pathfinder" team logic over-looked the Away Team vs Railjack Team approach in the Grineer RJ missions (which made more sense).,

Right now, the only reason the Corpus RJ stages are being played is for the new Nautilus and Penta parts, as well as the tier 3 Corpus RJ weapons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

That sack of cheap garbage is why people will never get to 36 kills. let alone 12.

It's like getting pissed that you can't do all three eidolons with a mote Amp. Of course you won't be able to get to 12 with the free mech, otherwise what would be the point of building one yourself? Do you really expect to get a tool that allows you to get max points for free? This is warframe buddy, you ain't getting nothing without grinding for it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience was great almost amazing until 1 thing happen - electrical hazzard that I couldn't find how to fix, all the menus and and ui was scrambled all the time, looked all of the ship 10 times, no visible break. It was even in archwing, on the ground part of the mission, everywhere. The ship was fine otherwise but I could't see how many things I have to do where are they etc. nothing. And it even persisted when I finish the mission and got back to the dry dock.
Is this a bug or something that de finds challenging? Because it's not challenging, but it was annoying af.
Because if it wasn't for that thing my opinion for he new rj things would have been still 100%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DemoniesKarris said:

It's like getting pissed that you can't do all three eidolons with a mote Amp. Of course you won't be able to get to 12 with the free mech, otherwise what would be the point of building one yourself? Do you really expect to get a tool that allows you to get max points for free? This is warframe buddy, you ain't getting nothing without grinding for it. 

Pointless comparison, IMO

I got two mechs fully forma'ed and a set-up ready to do RJ - not Orphix garbage (which BTW, thanks to the crap loadout options, means you take that Orphix build into your non-RJ openworld missions).

Get the flock outta here

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...