Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fish refuse to spawn consistently on the Cambion Drift

Stalker

Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, but I feel like none of the options actually fit, so I chose the closest match.

The issue is as the title reads. I'll occasionally have fish constantly spawning in a cave hotspot, but a majority of the time, no matter which hotspot I'm fishing at, fish will never spawn aside from the initial visit. Then, even if I fly away hundreds of meters with Zephyr's Tail Wind, my Archwing, etc. then return, at most one fish will spawn, and the spawning will continue to remain broken.

I've lost a Processed Vome and a Processed Fass because of this, as well as lots of Vome/Fass Residue from testing. With or without the baits, however, it doesn't matter; fish just simply do not spawn, period. Only when you get close to a fishing location for the first time, or after a long time of being away from it, will fish spawn. On RARE occasions (and I mean exceptionally rare), a fishing spot will work, and fish will actually spawn, albeit somewhat staggered.

This may be just for me. The inconsistency, however, is incredibly aggravating. I go to the Cambion Drift when my resource boosters are about to expire so I can catch a huge batch of fish, yet am greeted with a slap in the face. This specific scenario has happened to me three times now, and I'm getting seriously fed up.

I don't have this issue on Orb Vallis or the Plains of Eidolon. This issue is strictly isolated to the Cambion Drift.

There's also the issue of fish spawning inside the ground; this happens much more frequently on the Cambion Drift. Every time I do find a school of fishes, there's almost always, without fail, one swimming around in the ground. Also very aggravating. It might be related to the first issue; it could be that the fishes are all spawning inside the ground, preventing proper fish spawns, but I don't see them highlighted when using luminous dyes.

If there's a rough fix for this, please do let me know. I'd like to actually fish up some Myxostomatas once in, well, ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been consistently running in a similar problem. Usually there's some fishes at the first hotspot, then nothing all throughout the map. I'm using my Oxylus to highlight the, well, absence of fishes.

Today I've had success in forcing what seems to be the correct behaviour by switching to my tranq rifle, aiming randomly around, then switching back to the fishing spear. This suggests that there's some sort of equipped-gear-based trigger that ain't triggering.

I'm so #*!%ing DONE with fishing in this game. I don't care what anyone says, it DOES NOT DESERVE TO EXIST IN THIS GAME IN ITS CURRENT FORM. I just spent the last FOUR DAYS fishing on Cambion Drift, trying to catch some stupid #*!%ing Flaggellocanth so that I can build the infested K-Drive. The game keeps outright ROBBING ME of my bait, which you cannot manufacture yourself and therefore have to spend Entrati standing to purchase and use, because #*!% you that's why. I will go to the hotspot, see several fish swimming nearby, and I think to myself, "Great, surely THIS time I'll get some to spawn". I throw down my bait. I wait. And I wait. And then I wait some more. The bait disappears. Zero fish have spawned. I then ponder why I'm still playing this game.

I'm sick and tired of this game wasting my time. At this point I'm 100% convinced that nobody on the development team actually plays this game. If they did, they would definitely realize just how badly this game respects the time that players invest in it. Having to partake in this mind-numbingly boring minigame to access certain content in the game is the first "#*!% you", next they force you to use bait to catch the rare fish that you are required to catch, so that's the second "#*!% you". On top of all of that, they force you to pay for the bait with your standing, the third "#*!% you". The "#*!% you" cherry on top of this S#&$cake is when you use the bait, at a hotspot, and ZERO fish spawn, because #*!% you for playing our game. I have some #*!% yous of my own to dish out.

#*!% you to whoever on the development team originally decided that fishing needs to be in the game, #*!% you to whoever on the development team decided that bait needs to be purchased with standing, and a big fat #*!% you to whoever on the development team decided that rare fish can only be spawned with bait. #*!% you for wasting so much of my time, in exchange for NOTHING.

It's a game about space ninjas. Fishing has nothing to do with space, or ninjas. Remove it from the game, or at least make it not so much of a S#&$ty #*!%ing chore. I don't even understand what DE was thinking when they added it to the game in the first place. Must've been smoking some space crack.

• 4 weeks later...

I confirm this is still an issue on 05/02/2021.  I just spent an hour in the Cambion Drift trying to summon rare fish.  I've wasted so much bait.  According to my Oxylus, I'm in the middle of 5 fishing hotspots, and traveling between them, I find about 1 fish every 5 minutes.

Oddly enough, the most common way to get fish to spawn is to alt-tab over to my web browser.  As I'm writing this post, fish started spawning.  Not as many fish as I would expect from a hotspot in Orb Vallis or the Plains of Eidolon, but at least a couple of fish appear.  That is better than wandering aimlessly and hoping a random fish will spawn.

Is this related to my computer being old, maybe?  I just purchased a new alienware computer.  Maybe I'll test this again after it arrives.

Here is a link to a screenshot.  Note all the hotspots on my map. (for some reason the forum won't let me insert this image)

https://ibb.co/yfGsBh0

On 2021-05-03 at 9:41 AM, Kelalatir said:

Is this related to my computer being old, maybe?  I just purchased a new alienware computer.  Maybe I'll test this again after it arrives.

It has very little to do with how old or new your PC is. I am on quite a new PC, that I built myself, with hardware parts that people are struggling to obtain right now and experiencing this issue with fishing in the Cambion Drift.

Fish spawn for a short period and then they stop. Bait seems to exacerbate the issue, but that is more than likely my own confirmation bias. Either way they stop spawning.

I doubt you'll notice any difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-05-05 at 9:12 PM, Kyle_Anderson said:

It has very little to do with how old or new your PC is. I am on quite a new PC, that I built myself, with hardware parts that people are struggling to obtain right now and experiencing this issue with fishing in the Cambion Drift.

Fish spawn for a short period and then they stop. Bait seems to exacerbate the issue, but that is more than likely my own confirmation bias. Either way they stop spawning.

I doubt you'll notice any difference.

You are correct.  My brand new Alienware Aurora R12 has the exact same problem, where fish only spawn initially, and then very rarely thereafter.  Although I must admit, my loading screens, especially on the open worlds, are much better now.

I sure hope they fix the fishing.  I much prefer fishing and hunting to bounties to gain Entrati rep.  Also, I need some of the fish parts for ingredients in blueprints, and getting them now costs even more rep with all the wasted bait.

• 4 months later...

Still getting this 9/24, as soon as i pull out a spear the fish try to swim away from the hotspot and no more spawn, im stealth ivara and no where near them to scare them off.

I've only noticed it during Vome, which is awful since i only need 1 Aquapulmo for my trophy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I figured it out. Cambion Drift functions differently seemingly because you can walk on the. "water". Here's a step-by-step on how to improve fishing returns.

1. Place bait in multiple Hotspots.

2. Constantly move between them with the rod out.

3. Profit.

I recommend ability duration Ivara + Oxylus mod (Scan Aquatic Lifeformsso you can see the fish while you stealth roll.

Here is a roughly 15-minute result with no boosters.Captaa11ssaaure.JPG

Archived