Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Event (And Those In The Future)

DBugII

Do not rig an event inwhich large clans have full control whether one side wins or not.

Up until this point, events allowed each individual player to work towards the reward they wanted. This event slaps anyone who supported the losing side in the back. We did not waste 100+ missions to get something we didn't want(hence "slap" and not "stab"). This isn't a complaint about the rewards, it's about how much the effort of individuals or small groups isn't properly handled.

The clan tier system existed so that not just 1 clan takes home all the statues, and for this event that much still worked. However, that system did not apply to the faction rewards and as such large clans have been given the power to decide what everyone else will end up getting.The faction progress should have been tiered the same way the statues are. It would have prevented this problem and it would have allowed clans within the same tier to make as much as an impact to the event as a clan 30 times larger than it.

We can complain about how the rewards were rigged from the beginning (as well as all the other statistical malarkey that took place after the event was launched), but that doesn't change this one root problem which played more of a role in completely unbalancing the "war" than any of that combined.

Edited by DBugII

DE's thoughts:

quit whining.. its a peice of crap item we rigged in 30 minutes. people need to get lives, heh..

Steve, "Megan, Rebecca - come to my hot tub and lets count all the money we made today. muahahaha!"

PS if you saw the video of steve in his office youll actually see a hidden door in his wall where there lies a steam-powered hot tub powered by the tears children.  roomer has it that even the hot tub itself was created by the souls of the Grand Masters who, when donating, actually signed a contract from hell.

Edited by SoggyCow

DE's thoughts:

quit whining.. its a peice of crap item we rigged in 30 minutes. people need to get lives, heh..

Steve, "Megan, Rebecca - come to my hot tub and lets count all the money we made today. muahahaha!"

PS if you saw the video of steve in his office youll actually see a hidden door in his wall where there lies a steam-powered hot tub powered by the tears children.  roomer has it that even the hot tub itself was created by the souls of the Grand Masters who, when donating, actually signed a contract from hell.

Terrible.

Do not rig an event inwhich large clans have full control whether one side wins or not.

Up until this point, events allowed each individual player to work towards the reward they wanted. This event slaps anyone who supported the losing side in the back. We did not waste 100+ missions to get something we didn't want(hence "slap" and not "stab"). This isn't a complaint about the rewards, it's about how much the effort of individuals or small groups isn't properly handled.

The clan tier system existed so that not just 1 clan takes home all the statues, and for this event that much still worked. However, that system did not apply to the faction rewards and as such large clans have been given the power to decide what everyone else will end up getting.The faction progress should have been tiered the same way the statues are. It would have prevented this problem and it would have allowed clans within the same tier to make as much as an impact to the event as a clan 30 times larger than it.

We can complain about how the rewards were rigged from the beginning (as well as all the other statistical malarkey that took place after the event was launched), but that doesn't change this one root problem which played more of a role in completely unbalancing the "war" than any of that combined.

Join a larger guild.

A war's outcome is determined by the larger and/or more skilled force. Normally, the better players within this game are already in large guilds. Even if they were not, skill is something that is hard to determine in a game without the need for any. So numbers are the determining factor in this war. Should that be detestable for you, Peaceframe will be back next April. Also, I hear World of Warcraft has fuzzies and pandas if that's more your thing.

DE's thoughts:

I've been to hell. Pretty nice place. Devil is a swell guy

Join a larger guild.

This is a terrible solution. What this leads to is a very closed off player community inwhich only a few large guilds dominate the game.

Large guilds already have other large guilds to compete with, the small groups in the community shouldn't be punished because they chose to avoid participating with them.

Edited by DBugII

This is like saying: Screw those large groups of people that rallied together and voted for the opposing political party. They only won because they had more people. Its change the elections so that more people voting for a party doesn't mean that party wins.

You're free to make alliances with other small clans.

Join a larger guild.

A war's outcome is determined by the larger and/or more skilled force. Normally, the better players within this game are already in large guilds. Even if they were not, skill is something that is hard to determine in a game without the need for any. So numbers are the determining factor in this war. Should that be detestable for you, Peaceframe will be back next April. Also, I hear World of Warcraft has fuzzies and pandas if that's more your thing.

Well, this isn't the MOST condescending post I've ever seen, but damn it, you're trying.

As for the OP, I agree to some extent, though I feel a great deal would be solved by giving the supporters of the losing side the BP for that side's weapon. Still not as good as the winning side, but doesn't leave you with something you didn't want in the first place.

He who controls the "node bugs" controls the outcome of the event.

[oogie-boogie.jpg]

Oh, brother, you're something

You put me in a spin

You aren't comprehending

The position

That you're in

It's hopeless, you're finished

You haven't got a prayer

'Cause I'm Mr. Oogie Boogie Sargas Ruk

And you ain't going nowhere

Chymos, on 28 Oct 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Well, this isn't the MOST condescending post I've ever seen, but damn it, you're trying.

As for the OP, I agree to some extent, though I feel a great deal would be solved by giving the supporters of the losing side the BP for that side's weapon. Still not as good as the winning side, but doesn't leave you with something you didn't want in the first place.

Yeah, the rewarding system is probably the major issue here.

If they had done the system to reward factions accordingly, people would still be upset about and debating the "rigging" of the first few battle rewards, but at least the majority would just overlook it and be happy with the rewards they can work towards. Afterall, they did give a few potatoes for the battle pay, so the losing side would just have to get a weapon slot at the most.

Terrible.

Join a larger guild.

Yup Players like me who are skilled and have been around since the beginning of closed beta have joined rather large clans I belong to I think its the second largest clan in the game Asuro but that doesn't mean much even if my clan went for corpus I would still go grinner