Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rate my new Railjack integrated game mode!

(PSN)Rebel-sonie

New Proposed Game Mode: THE ADAMA MANEUVER! 8 players but can scale up for more

Must invade a Corpus/Grineer planet and infiltrate a base/rescue a friendly faction that’s currently under fire. But the enemy have a shipkiller platform as well as a shield that surrounds the planet so normal entry can’t be done. And there’s NO TIME for a boring enter the shipkiller and disable, so what do we do?!

WE’RE GONNA MAKE A JUMP INTO THE PLANET’S ATMOSPHERE!! and then freefall to the surface! 4 players will jump out of the railjack while its freefalling in their archwings and fight their way to the surface, while the other 4 players will stay on board the railjack. And what are they doing? Two are frantically making repairs on the ship as its combusting and falling apart from the turbulence. One is working with Cy computing a series of RNG puzzles to come up with the logic algorithm for the jump back to space while the pilot is screaming at the mathematician to complete the puzzle faster so he can make the jump in time before they crash to the surface and die!

Meanwhile the ground team can use Warframe AND Operator(please give the child warrior melee) AND necramech to fulfill the mission as they rescue Steel Meridian/New Loka/whoever and charge against the impending Grineer/Corpus army in an all out Michael Bay explosive adrenaline fueled Dynasty Warrior battle planetside. Throw in Liches and Thralls, Orb Mothers, Captures, Rescues, Mobile Defense, etc all back to back to break up the EXTERMINATE CROSS FIRE! But uh-oh! To up the insanity factor EIDOLONS HAVE SPAWNED IN because of the Grineer lures and “Warhammer Titan Theme” begins blaring! The music team will just rip it of course, change nothing. The original creators would be flattered. For the Cool Factor the eidolon is able to say one line, “Devil, Tenno, do you have any last words?” How will the ground team and the syndicate factions handle all this?!

But what’s happening in space now you wonder after the harrowing jump? Well Corpus/Grineer have called for backup. Multiple galleons, crewships, and a DEATHSTAR(?!) have entered the fray. What’s the lone railjack to do? Well if the ground team was successful in a side objective, the railjack crew is CALLING IN BACKUP! Either other players whether they have railjacks or not or NPC factions (Let’s go Arbiters!) have come in to fight. Now it’s multiple railjacks versus Crewships and galleons. Archwings have been buffed, and are the only way to deal with the DEATHSTAR! A team of archwings deploys, gunning for the super weapon. Kuva Liches/Corpus equivalent have developed archwing technology and they rush out to meet the archwing force in equal number and now it’s a Tenno vs Lich deathmatch in space! Melee clash, gunfire all over the place, S#&$ talking from the Liches, explosions and shrapnel from fighters, drones and crewships! Finally comes the Star Wars esque flight through the DEATHSTAR! to reach the reactor and destroy it! The escape is even more thrilling than entry! The reactor detonation triggers a VOIDOUT which renders their archwings useless! Gravity is inverted, explosions and implosions everywhere as the brave Tenno must use their Warframe parkour and mobility to dodge debris, platform jump, fight corrupted and leap through fires as they escape from inside the imploding super weapon!

And to throw in even MORE emergent gameplay, if an enemy boarding party is successful in raiding a player railjack they GAIN CONTROL OF IT with all the railjack skills and abilities and the players onboard are now captive and thrown in the hold. (Solo players, if you leave your pilot seat to meet the boarding party, the AI will be smart enough to go for the pilot seat and commandeer the craft. But maybe you’re resourceful enough to escape from your prison and fight back!). If this happens, “Prelude to War” will start playing. The music team will just rip it completely once again with no shame and insert it at this point, as now it’s Railjacks vs Railjacks and the players must decide whether to destroy the vessel with the captives on board or send a team of covert Itzal archwings to infiltrate and rescue the captives. Either way it’s RAILJACK VERSUS RAILJACK!

But were not done! The DEATHSTAR is in pieces and hurtling towards a friendly colony on the planet below and OH NO! debris is heading towards the SUN! If debris hits it will cause the sun to blow up and destroy all life in the system! Ground team, suit up in archwing and ascend to the heavens, shooting and striking at the gigantic falling stars in this final stage of the grand sci fi space epic to save the colony, the planet, the universe! One player can choose to sacrifice themselves (self detonate) to destroy all debris and complete mission for others but lose out on loot for himself! It’s called Sad Anime Sacrifice

To encourage players to play this mode, it will have double affinity, double resources and double mod chances. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this as I enjoyed writing it! This is how I envision Empyrean. I would like to play it someday.

I think I've seen that movie, awesome write up.

Seriously though as much as it sounds awesome, players will/might Bork at it for the length of it, and for fear of the matchmaking/migrations and bad hosts who might troll and quit near the end or whenever they feel.

It sounds fun for a group who are from the same Clan or a group of friends. 

Keep it up I liked the read. 👍

Archived