I'm considering on using the Cyanex, but I have no idea how to build it for my intended purposes.

I'm using a custom Equinox build with a max rank pistoleer and avenger with a redeemer prime and a lenz. I want to build the cyanex to kill things, but every build I've seen thus far was just providing status effects for Condition Overload to have maximum effectiveness.

What mod setup do I use for Cyanex to be viable by itself?

With the new mod hemorrhage mod, you could get great damage with this build: viral, heat, magnum force, hornet, barrel dif, hemorrhage, lethal / augur impact/ riven, exilus lethal momentum.

Edited by AceRogue
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, AceRogue said:

With the new mod hemorrhage mod, you could get great damage with this build: viral, heat, magnum force, hornet, barrel dif, hemorrhage, lethal / augur impact/ riven, exilus lethal momentum.

Thanks, I really appreciate it

I just tested the new mods in simulacrum against heavy bombard lvl 180. It doesn't work as much as i thought it would. It only proced a 1 or 2 slash proc on some of the bombard. Sad day it is.

18 minutes ago, AceRogue said:

I just tested the new mods in simulacrum against heavy bombard lvl 180. It doesn't work as much as i thought it would. It only proced a 1 or 2 slash proc on some of the bombard. Sad day it is.

these new impact to slash conversion mods work well with weapons with guaranteed impact procs on hit, aka tombfinger, catchmoon, kuva chakkur, nagantaka.

sadly  other weapons don't benefit as much

Cyanex is poor at getting aimed headshots,so pistoleer may not be effective , it is better at spreading status though body shots and ricochets.

I prefer to get out as many bullets as possible in as short amount of time and then reload quickly.

So I have the primed  quicdraw and slip magazine.

You will also need to build for the factions , if you want to kill with it.

Viral fire for grineer,

Magnetic toxin for corpus ,

In addition to the base damage , Multishot mods.

I have a riven that adds flight speed and it makes a lot of difference.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Cyanex is poor at getting aimed headshots,so pistoleer may not be effective , it is better at spreading status though body shots and ricochets.

IMO "Poor" is putting it mildly for the regular fire.  It will get Pistoleer to activate once in a while, but it's very infrequent.   (For anybody curious, Scourge doesn't seem to help. I suspect it might even hurt, but it's hard to tell.)

OTOH the alt-fire is decent for getting headshots as long as one compensates for its recoil, but I haven't tried building around that outside the sim.  It might be fun to switch back and forth between the two modes just to keep Pistoleer up.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I have a riven that adds flight speed and it makes a lot of difference.

That's cool.  I've read comments about flight speed hurting its tracking, which makes sense...but I haven't seen that in Simulacrum testing.  I even went out of my way to roll a riven with negative flight to test that too.  Still, I was curious if maybe in actual play, maybe the results would be different, so it's good to hear some affirmation that flight speed is worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

IMO "Poor" is putting it mildly for the regular fire.  It will get Pistoleer to activate once in a while, but it's very infrequent.   (For anybody curious, Scourge doesn't seem to help. I suspect it might even hurt, but it's hard to tell.)

OTOH the alt-fire is decent for getting headshots as long as one compensates for its recoil, but I haven't tried building around that outside the sim.  It might be fun to switch back and forth between the two modes just to keep Pistoleer up.

Another option is one of the new thrown melee mods that adds magazine capacity and reload speed. Combo Fury  that works well together with cyanex (assuming you enjoy glaives)

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's cool.  I've read comments about flight speed hurting its tracking, which makes sense...but I haven't seen that in Simulacrum testing.  I even went out of my way to roll a riven with negative flight to test that too.  Still, I was curious if maybe in actual play, maybe the results would be different, so it's good to hear some affirmation that flight speed is worthwhile.

It affects the homing , default speed is good blend of travel time and homing capability , but about 30% speed increase makes it more effective at mid ranges , anything more can screw your chances. Negative projectile speed will make the enemies too quick to ever be tracked right.

4 hours ago, AceRogue said:

exilus lethal momentum.

If you're not running Carrier, don't bother with Lethal Momentum. Actually, don't bother with it period. Run ammo mutation instead.

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

If you're not running Carrier, don't bother with Lethal Momentum. Actually, don't bother with it period. Run ammo mutation instead.

It gives flight speed... not ammo mutation