Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I maxed out my ship once again, and tried all the new weapons.

o0Despair0o

Note that I have Hyperstrike, extended turret range and crit mods installed.

These guns are listed in what is in my opinion the best->worst.

EDIT: After some more playing I decided to ditch my Glazio and Laith for Vort and Talyn, simply because you spend most time at close range so the amazing long range one shots rarely come into play. That, and the gunners absolutley nuke with Talyn, you can just sit there AFK, they'll do the nuking for you. Although I did decide to hand them the Vort and keep Talyn for myself. There's just something nice about firing hundreds of laser bolts in 2 seconds.

- Glazio

Basically a cold-puncture-hybdrid. Doesn't sound that fancy but oh boy, this baby deals 5-6K damage per shot on average. It's basically a Cryophon, but with range.

Easily the best weapon. One-shots most fighters even in Veil.

- Laith

My personal favourite if Glazio wasn't so much more powerful. Fundamentally it functions the same as Glazio, but deals slash damage. Has a higher fire rate but lower damage than Glazio.

Soundeffects are... MHM...*chef's kiss*, wonderful. 

- Talyn

Laser Soma. Powerful at short range and hitscan, the new Carcinnox.

- Vort

Sort of like a flak autocannon, but electric. Good fire rate and damage, overall a good weapon.

Personally I'm running Glazio as my Primary and Laith as my sideguns. Gunners make good use of them. As long as you keep your distance and your gunners are at least rank 4/5 they'll shoot down almost anything.

Before the update, I used Carcinnox and Apoc. Decent even now, but boy, if you get your hands on any of the new MK3 weapons, use those instead.

The "old" guns are pretty much completely outclassed now.

Also I've come to the conclusion that you need 3 Forma to max out your Plexus.

Just now, ReddyDisco said:

Vidar or Zekti for Galzio? Vidar has extra puncture bonus while Zekti has firerate bonus

Mine got a puncture bonus, I'd say go for that one.

This is the type of weapon that relies on well-placed shots rather than sheer bullet spam.

How did you get them though? I searched everywhere for a mission to farm them but no luck. Got myself a single low rolled vidar vort and actually like it a lot. Do they drop from fighters or crewships? Do they drop at all or are they mission/sidemission rewards?

5 minutes ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

How did you get them though? I searched everywhere for a mission to farm them but no luck. Got myself a single low rolled vidar vort and actually like it a lot. Do they drop from fighters or crewships? Do they drop at all or are they mission/sidemission rewards?

Just do veil missions

4 minutes ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

did those A LOT. Already got literally every piece of content this update had except for the turrets T.T

Orm Crewship, Vorac Crewship, and Vorac Weaver all have a 2.5% chance to drop a specific Mk III Glazio part

I don't have time to list every case for you: Drop Tables

Do Veil missions to get parts, all I'm doing now is Valance on the guns and armour to get them max'd and finishing of the last intrinsic to 10 120 points to go. lol

I have Hyperstrike, Predator and Section Density crit mods installed.

Still testing out the guns will equip them you mentioned on my swivel turrets to test.

I have a Zatki Glazio MKIII it's only at +41.9 FR the crit rate is insane 75% CC 3.7x CM yeah when you hit they're dead.

I'm testing a Vidar Laith MKIII on my swivel turrets, has a nice CC 58.5% CM 3.0X CM 

I agree that glazio is indeed a one shot one kill kind of a gun , 

However , there is some lead time so i would not advise it on side guns, a missed shot hurts a lot more.

Also don't forget , one of the new intrinsics for gunnery let's you cooldown faster if your press reload.

Can practically keep spamming the glazio and laith without noticing a downtime.

pretty accurate review of the weapons.

as for other posters I'd highly recommend just running zetki weapons as the gunnery 9 intrinsic basically instantly wipes out weapon cooldown if you press r at max. Like the tooltip reads "it takes .5 seconds" but what I've found is in actual practice, by the time you've noticed and realized you pressed r, your gun is now ready to shoot and start spraying all over again

As a man dedicated to using only heat damage because I want to watch my enemies burn, the Talyn has immediately become my love. In space, heat is deadly to everything. I want to watch them roast from inside, the crew screaming as I overheat their ship to the point of the explosion. In reality, by the time their ship explodes the crew is long dead. But in the name of the Emperor I will burn their filthy heretical ships with holy fire.

I have no remorse for the Grineer especially. And the Corpus can burn too. I have a war to win and I'll win it with fire. And if that don't work? I'll just use more fire.

1 hour ago, CaptainMinty said:

I have a war to win and I'll win it with fire. And if that don't work? I'll just use more fire.

Ah, a man of culture.

3 hours ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

How did you get them though?

Honestly, I don't know. I just did a bunch of public missions to max out my ship again and by the time I was done I had MK3 wreckage of all guns with decent bonus stats.

Just now, Skye_Archer said:

Thanks to the mod that restores shields on crit hits, I'm still sticking to the Apoc! So will have to take a look at the new weapons and their crit values

If I remember correctly, Laith has a good crit rate.

And Talyn just fires so damn fast you're bound to get a crit or two.

On 2021-03-21 at 2:11 PM, o0Despair0o said:

- Glazio

Basically a cold-puncture-hybdrid. Doesn't sound that fancy but oh boy, this baby deals 5-6K damage per shot on average. It's basically a Cryophon, but with range.

- Laith

My personal favourite if Glazio wasn't so much more powerful. Fundamentally it functions the same as Glazio, but deals slash damage. Has a higher fire rate but lower damage than Glazio.

I'm still rocking my MKIII maxed out Cryophon for my forward turrets (great for freezing ships), but MAN, I agree fully on the Laith. I've gotten a Zekti MKIII that I've upgraded to around 56% fire rate through Fusion, and the damn thing just RIPS through fighters like crazy.

The new hull plating also can be fused, so I've gotten a couple of MKIIs and a MKIII that makes the RJ nearly godly.

idk fam, my vidar pulsar consistently 1-2 shots almost everything and it's a hitscan weapon. doing 15k in some cases. 

onslaught matrix +protective shots + fortifying fire + crimson fugue + hyperstrike + predator +section density + turret velocity (just icing on the cake at this point) + any other QOL mod = hahaha railjack go brrrr 

side turrets with 60% zekti photors and crew has a field day. crew can't use non-hitscan weapons for S#&$ so it's the logical choice here. im killing all the fighters in veil grineer missions in less than a minute in some cases.

Well, thoroughly enjoying my Zetki Glazio and my Lavan Talyn.

Just wondering about the Talyn, if Vidar or Zetki would be better for it. Sadly I don't have room to max out one of every weapon in every house, so I thought I'd check before I start fusing and stuff.

• 4 months later...
On 2021-03-22 at 12:11 AM, o0Despair0o said:

Note that I have Hyperstrike, extended turret range and crit mods installed.

These guns are listed in what is in my opinion the best->worst.

EDIT: After some more playing I decided to ditch my Glazio and Laith for Vort and Talyn, simply because you spend most time at close range so the amazing long range one shots rarely come into play. That, and the gunners absolutley nuke with Talyn, you can just sit there AFK, they'll do the nuking for you. Although I did decide to hand them the Vort and keep Talyn for myself. There's just something nice about firing hundreds of laser bolts in 2 seconds.

- Glazio

- Laith

- Talyn

Laser Soma. Powerful at short range and hitscan, the new Carcinnox.

- Vort

Sort of like a flak autocannon, but electric. Good fire rate and damage, overall a good weapon.

Personally I'm running Glazio as my Primary and Laith as my sideguns. Gunners make good use of them. As long as you keep your distance and your gunners are at least rank 4/5 they'll shoot down almost anything.

Before the update, I used Carcinnox and Apoc. Decent even now, but boy, if you get your hands on any of the new MK3 weapons, use those instead.

The "old" guns are pretty much completely outclassed now.

Also I've come to the conclusion that you need 3 Forma to max out your Plexus.

Laith got less crit(52% with mods) more raw damage, glazio got more crit(mine is 100% with mods, zetki) less raw damage. 

So what do you think? Which should i go? Firerate doesnt matter as i can one shot things.

18 minutes ago, AlaSaXoX said:

Laith got less crit(52% with mods) more raw damage, glazio got more crit(mine is 100% with mods, zetki) less raw damage. 

So what do you think? Which should i go? Firerate doesnt matter as i can one shot things.

If your aim is good enough, go with Glazio.

If you miss a lot, go with Laith as it's more forgiving.

Personally I went back to using a Glazio as primary and Talyn as secondary.

Archived