Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volatile game mode advice

RazerXPrime

Question

Hi, I'm totally frustrated with this game mode. I need to destroy pipes every 10 seconds. Litteraly the only thing I'm doing is running around destroying pipes and it does not let up. There's no time between the pipes. I destroy a pipe and it goes into overheat almost immediately. That and the engineers running around making my day miserable.

I #*!%ing hate this game mode. I hate it.

What can I do to make this game mode playable solo?

14 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Is it normal that you can only destroy pipes that are indicated? All other pipes are invulnerable till the game tells me to destroy it.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure they made it that way under the assumption that multiple people would be there. They need to make it so that only one side of the room has the vents active in single player.

17 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Is it normal that you can only destroy pipes that are indicated? All other pipes are invulnerable till the game tells me to destroy it.

Yes, the game marks the pipe that needs to be destroyed at that current time. The active pipe should be the only one appearing in the mini-map (top left default). Any other pipes are either already broken or to be broken. If you have many pipes marked on-screen with the yellow square, the mini-map should display the only one that you need to destroy. But there are many bugs with the markers, so it's a roll, sometimes the markers get stuck on screen and throws you off.

In the heat gauge, you need to keep the temperature marker inside the white brackets (or temperature range). The white bracket gets smaller the further the % increases (which is normal).

If you drop the temperature too much, by breaking pipes too soon/too fast, progress % does not move. You have to keep the temperature marker/overheat indicator inside the range.

The higher the %, the better it is to break pipes right at the end of the designated range (white brackets/lines), so it goes back to the beginning of the required range without dropping too much towards the left and stopping progress.

You can try nova, mesa, nyx, gara, or any other cc frame for the engineers and fluctus for punching through walls/floors to break pipes.

Il y a 4 heures, RazerXPrime a dit :

What can I do to make this game mode playable solo?

It is playable solo without fluctus nor Necramech, I miserably lost when trying using the necramech. I Had not lost a mission since a long long time ... almost miss me ^^

Il y a 1 heure, Deus-Machina a dit :

I absolutely hate this mission type. I can't for the life of me get past it. I ain't got no fluctus. I kill pipes when it tells me to, and fail everytime. Sucks really sucks, I thought the entire point of command was to play solo....

I got the Flutus, but I think it is a bad idea. Fluctus excel at mass killing.

The Problem with the mission is that you must not shoot the pipe WHEN Cephalon Cy ask you to do it but before :
-You have a to look at HEAT meter and shoot it before max heat (At 3/4 of the meter when color is Orange)
-You have to Crowd-Control the Corpus (I use Zephyr Tornados)
-You have to stop the Corpus-Engineer IF overheat is far from occuring AND do it quickly (5-10s).

The bad idea are
-Priorize the Engineer vs the Pipe => Overheat, reactor explosion, YOU FAIL
-Priorize killing the Corpus troops => You lose Time, you fail
-Shooting at the Pipe too soon (before half the meter when color is blue or yellow) : re-read @nms. explanation.

The Good Idea
-Let the Engineer stop the reactor when controlling the heat : You can still restart the reactor (but do it fast)
-Look for the pipe as soon as it appear and stay near it but don't bother with the corpus troops. Trigger the pipe sooner if you have to deal with the Engineer
-Use Specter in a "HOLD POSITON" to CC near 2 monitors and mainly look for the 2 others
-Let a necramech with grattler near door to Crow Control Corpus but don't move with it ( too slow to follow the pace, risking over heat)

You need a Mobile Warframe with Crowd-control abilities/weapon. You have to move to and Kill the Engineer in less than 5-10 seconds.
-Zephyr is a good choice but Mag, Volt or Vauban can also do a great job. Slowing Nova is a good choice IF you DON'T SHOOT at them (or forgot that you bring a DETH CUBE with you)
-Always keep an eye on the meter and ABSOLUTELY PRIORIZE heat control over Killing units (they are a fatal distraction in SOLO PLAY)

>,<

It hurts, I just want to really like railjack, fly space and shoots things in ships. Now I gotta prioritize cc frames.... To bad I can make my command crew board crap. I loathe leaving rail jack. Let alone crowd controlling mobs. Thanks for the help though, and nifty guide.

Also I had set one to pilot, and I tried to (forgot the guns name) front gun a crew ship, HAHAHA that didn't go so well. I don't know how I feel about ship using frame energy. It's like a double operator dash thing (zen). I dunno if that was an intended result. I never liked making energy pads, they always felt like a generic mechanic to me. (anyways, this is too far away from the topic) Thanks again. I'll have to keep at it..

Press "M" to see the big map, you don't need to be running around looking for pipes, just go to the ones that the mission generously marks you. Bring good weapons, fluctuts won't solve your issues if you are having trouble with timming and multitasking.

9 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

I got the Flutus, but I think it is a bad idea. Fluctus excel at mass killing.

In what world is the Fluctus a bad idea? Infinite punch through makes hitting the pipes much easier.
I've solo farmed the Volatile nodes at least 30 times by now and haven't had a single issue let alone a complete fail. 

My advice would to always try to keep the bar at the highest it can be to keep hacking. Since there is a small time gap between pipes showing up on the map and moving to them if the heat bar starts to get low you could be stuck at the bottom for a while. Wukong is a nice frame for this since the clone helps with killing some trash mobs and his 2 allows you to navigate around a bit more easily. Titania would probably also be nice.

Il y a 4 heures, Kamachi a dit :

In what world is the Fluctus a bad idea? Infinite punch through makes hitting the pipes much easier.
I've solo farmed the Volatile nodes at least 30 times by now and haven't had a single issue let alone a complete fail. 

The problem is not the Fluctus itself nor its abilities but Having such powerfull weapons make some people distract by attacking the mobs .... So the Distraction is the problem (I just failed one because of one "Eternal Electric Hazard" aboard my railjack jus render My whole UI unreadable : Distraction = Time loss = mission failed).

If you can keep your full concentration, you can use Fluctus well but not all players can ... that is the heavy weapons downside !

But I agree with you, The Fluctus Excali-Gun is surely the most usefull and powerfull weapon (My favorite one)

Archived