Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Advice

Elogsbobo

Question

Hi 

I'm using an Excalibur Prime and I want to get the best out of my warframe, so I was wondering if i could get advice on the best mods to use on my warframe and weapons(along with the best mods to use on them). Cause i need help cause i feel i do very badly against higher level enemies and its annoying getting 5%.

Note i don't like using bows

Edited by Elogsbobo

19 answers to this question

Unless you're a caster(Nova/mag/ember[at low levels]) then most of your damage is going to come from weapons. When I use excalibur I generally never use javelin because the casting time is god awful. He's one of the most mobile frames so use that to get into good positions to blind everyone and then shoot them while they are stunned.

superjump heavy impact is meh. It's pretty funny but for actual usefulness it leaves you open to getting shot. Also the time it takes to use...you'd be better off just shooting.

Your damage will increase once you get a decent weapon with decent mods and a potato on it. Braton is a good start. Kunai/hikou are great secondaries...I like Lex too. Orthos is a nice melee.

Or super jump / radial javelin if you're in a large room. Long as it's not behind something, it'll probably die.

Just make sure that there isn't more than one Elite Corpus Crewman nearby (although you'll likely be safe from this, as they only appear during impromptu invasions in the Derelicts and in special events). Two of them firing at the same time can shred away a level-capped, modded-out Excalibur's shields and health in little more than a second, since (unlike many other enemies) they have near-perfect accuracy and tracking ability.

Also, never, ever underestimate Super Jump. Use it lots; it can help you dodge dangerous projectiles (Napalm explosives, which are generally lethal if they directly hit you, etc.), and will generally get you places much faster and more easily than other Frames parkouring around with speed and stamina mods. It's also fun to use with Heavy Impact (although less than effective, since it does nearly no damage to enemies with high Armor).

After using Super Jump for a while, I found a couple of secret areas in several tilesets that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Edited by SortaRandom

Radial Blind is your best ability.

If you maximize it's range, it'll affect probably any enemy you can see.

Duration mods aren't so important for it, you can use it again very fast and it's cheap.

Just don't use the loudest weapons with it, or the enemy will hear you.

definately go FE (fleeting expertise mod) Excalibur he is awesome, its the best EX

you wont be able to use slash dash, you will be able to spam radial blind and radial javelin for both strong crowd control and damage projection it kicks &#!

u still get the initial 5 sec stun for 25m with radial blind regardless of FE and its extremely cheap to use, for this reason lanka/Svandal synergizes very well at high levels letting radial javelin kill trash, stun and control heavy with rad blind and using gun to take them down while they are stunned 

u can even sqeeze super jump with heavy impact on with a forma, along with the usual mods (redirc, stretch, focus, streamline rank 2, flow etc)

as a bonus its fun as hell ! not to  mention stylish - the super jump, rad jav, heavy impact combo is bad &#!

Hi 

I'm using an Excalibur Prime and I want to get the best out of my warframe, so I was wondering if i could get advice on the best mods to use on my warframe and weapons(along with the best mods to use on them). Cause i need help cause i feel i do very badly against higher level enemies and its annoying getting 5%.

Note i don't like using bows

Well, what weapons do you have? Which ones do you like? what is your mastery rank?

Need to know a bit more about what you use and your preferred playstyle to help you, I would give you different suggestions depending on how far into the game you have progressed.

Duration mods aren't so important for it, you can use it again very fast and it's cheap.

Read what this guy said, twice....

With a decent weapon, hit Radial Blind, clear a room, rinse and repeat.

Edit: To comment on the duration bit, yeah go for Streamline instead, duration on RB is less important than being able to hit it whenever you need to.

Edited by Egg_Chen

blind rage, focus, continuity, constitution, streamline, redirection, rush, flow, slash dash, super jump. 

Max these out and forma as needed and your excalibur will be capable of literal flight.

Add a max rush dual zoren for added fun.

definately go FE (fleeting expertise mod) Excalibur he is awesome, its the best EX

you wont be able to use slash dash, you will be able to spam radial blind and radial javelin for both strong crowd control and damage projection it kicks &#!

u still get the initial 5 sec stun for 25m with radial blind regardless of FE and its extremely cheap to use, for this reason lanka/Svandal synergizes very well at high levels letting radial javelin kill trash, stun and control heavy with rad blind and using gun to take them down while they are stunned 

u can even sqeeze super jump with heavy impact on with a forma, along with the usual mods (redirc, stretch, focus, streamline rank 2, flow etc)

as a bonus its fun as hell ! not to  mention stylish - the super jump, rad jav, heavy impact combo is bad &#!

But slash dash is one of the best abilitys...for damaging and positioning

Duration, Range, Power Efficiency, or some kind of happy marriage between the three is good for that ability. While Slash Dash *is* good and you can put out respectable damage with it, you're never going to be Nova/Rhino. I feel like it's better to focus on Excalibur's superior CC abilities to keep your team alive; which is a lot more important on harder missions than trying to MPrime everything you see.   

Slash Dash - best 1st ability in game, you can hit unlimited amount of enemies with it. Great damage and mobility skill

Radial Blind - lifesaver. Never underestimate this skill. When it's maxed out it blinds foes for long enough to take them all down or run away to recharge shields etc. Incredibly useful

Super Jump - mobility. If you're creative - that's the skill for you. Fun coupled with Heavy Impact, but you'd need to max it out, use maxed Focus, Pendragon helmet and/or Blind Rage corrupted mod. Can be more or less difficult to achieve

Radial Javelin - jump in the middle of group of baddies and bam. It is spectacular in low-mid levels, it loses its effectiveness later. Badass ult, shooting up to 15 homing projectiles, dealing 1k damage each. Oh, and pinning bodies to the walls.

So, overall...

Excalibur is very easy to use and extremely fun.

Remember - he's not that squishy, but neither tanky. Use Radial Blind as "ohS#&$!" button and you'll be completely fine.

As for mods - I suggest Rush, Marathon or Quick Rest, Redirection, Focus and Flow.

I also use Fortitude and Vigor, but they're not THAT needed.

Have fun using the ultimate frame.

Excal master race