Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've noticed a similar pattern in recent Warframes with a mobility power.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

None of them have any Vertical upwards momentum whatsoever.

Gauss mach rush Is a sprint ability that doesn't give him jump or upwards dash.

Hildryn becomes a flying turtle that doesn't build up any speed or momentum when using aegis storm

Lavos' vial rush is also a horizontal slide ability 

The only Warframe that managed to have a Vertical jump was -funny enough- grendel with catapult augment...which looks extremely hilarious!

Why? It also doesn't help that most of these abilities aren't flexible, and mostly a scripted animation

This just me investigating not complaining, although i would very much like more freedom and flexibility in movement for future warframes

Mobility is very important to me in this game. i love knowing that some warframes are faster or more agile than others, and i hate Operator dash, i hate how efficient and effective it is...

(that doesn't mean i want it nerfed, this is the only case where i simply just won't use it, and won't complain about it so other players may enjoy operator dash as much as they like, while i enjoy other mobility powers.) ;)

6 minutes ago, Doom_Gaming said:

I have a feeling it has to do with most tilesets being horizontal but yeah some vertical movement beign an option on more things would be nice

Yeah anything vertical would give you black screen for 50seconds and then respawn you at strange places... I already tried it.

One of the original powers of Excalibur, funnily enough, was literally Super Jump. It did exactly as it was named, it was just a very tall jump. Back then bullet jumping and double jumps did not exist, so it made sense. It was removed with Excalibur's rework, because it was functionally useless with the addition of bullet jump and double jump and Excalibur was already underperforming as a frame back then too.

Just now, Mortarion said:

One of the original powers of Excalibur, funnily enough, was literally Super Jump. It did exactly as it was named, it was just a very tall jump. Back then bullet jumping and double jumps did not exist, so it made sense. It was removed with Excalibur's rework, because it was functionally useless with the addition of bullet jump and double jump and Excalibur was already underperforming as a frame back then too.

I still do not believe "excalibur and underperforming" in same sentence
I used to just click 1 button on him and win every mission imaginable with huge aoe instant kills.

19 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

I am aware of all that...but bullet jumps nowadays without parkour velocity are just ok.

And everyone has bulletjump so it's nothing special...unless a warframe can directly or indirectly boost his own jumping distance and height...like Titania's passive, Zephyr etc

33 minutes ago, Doom_Gaming said:

I have a feeling it has to do with most tilesets being horizontal but yeah some vertical movement beign an option on more things would be nice

They remade Most corpus tilesets to be wider and have more height.

I wish they would do the same for grineer's

Don't get me started on eris and kuva fortress...

Yeah, Excalibur was power creeped hard. Sure Radial Javelin melted enemies at first, but as the Star Chart expanded and levels began rising, it quickly got overshadowed by the newer frames that came out. I think one of the reasons they gave for getting rid of Super Jump was that it was purely utility, there was really no offensive or defensive benefits to it and that was leading to/lead to Excalibur not being very good.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Hildryn becomes a flying turtle that doesn't build up any speed or momentum when using aegis storm

This sounds completely irrelevant to the point you are making.

Gauss and Lavos press a button to automatically push themselves forward. By contrast, Hildryn starts hovering and can move in six directions: the four WASD directions, plus Space and Ctrl for up and down. Gauss and Lavos have a fixed speed (though Gauss can mod it) whereas Hildryn can tap the buttons to nudge herself

Archived