Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we all agree that the RJ update is terrible in any way possible?

Cha0zb0rn

Hey, 

after playing couple hours in the new RJ I just need to vent. 

- The new missions are horribly designed. The railjack has barely any purpose in corpus missions as killing ships is no objective. This makes the RJ a very expensive taxi. There are other threads about that as well.

-I hope that its a bug but not being able to host by decision is the worst. WHat am I farming RJ parts if I have to board RJs without hull and no damage most of the time? If singleplayers is for fun in a MMO than actual multiplayer something is wrong, very very wrong.

-The playerbase is at its worst. no matter what corpus mission you play: 3 ppl jump out of the ship and fly around in their archwing, even if the mission is to destroy crewships. Seems the Gamemode is overrun by people who dont care at all. Just leeching free loot. A votekick system is badly needed. Or at least a pilot ability that lets him control other players. Often enough i dont want to teleport the whole team to the ship but single players as a single person doing a sideobjective is something i dont wanna disturb.

-The rewards: 2 mods that are rediculous. Impact is a bad dmg type? Np, just make it proc slash! great idea! and the weapons? Aside from the ignis wraith its crap. They seem just to be too lazy to make good new weapons so they put stuff in thats currently unobtainable other ways. doesnt matter that 2/3 of them arent good. Oh and nautilus? Robotic pets have worked so well in the past.....and it cant even use deconstructor soooooo.....

-the release: Its the worst release in years. I've seen cyberpunk on the PS4 and even that was more playable even on release. Sadly Warframe players are so used to low quality releases by now that that kinda stuff doesnt even warrant anything. And how can a company be so irresponsible to release such a mess on a friday when its so obvious that further hotfixes are needed and needed badly? I dont care for minor bugs, those are common on releasedays. But having to restart the game after every 3rd mission because the game freezes or is unresponsive is unacceptable. And on top of that: All people say is "well, DE is like that, we are used to it". I for sure wont spend money on this game for a good while. And I can only encourage other to do so as well. Money seems to be the only way those guys care about. Thats proven by the fact that you need to forma your RJ now. All of this was just to have an excuse to monetize something they previously havent. 

The only good thing about the update is the umbra forma i got. And those wont work as bandaids for much longer either. By now I got all the umbra forma i need as only a few WFs can really utilize them. 

Terrible is very dramatic, in my opinion.

It certainly feels unpolished (hey, this is DE here...) and not very well thought out but there is certainly some fun to be had with the new corpus tilesets. Having said that, the Grineer tilesets really feel more fun to me. 

For me the main issues are:

Tacked on ground segments feel tacked on. Stopping the RJ component to do regular missions is boring and uninspired.

Orphix is poorly balanced. Orphix spawn far too fast for it to be enjoyable in anything but a meta squad. Forcing full evac on this is also frustrating. Really easy for an individual to troll a whole group.

Defense uses the worst tileset in the game and is just as boring/lackluster as it always has been. It is the most uninteresting endless game mode.

Bugs are crazy right now. Lots of gamebreaking bugs made it through.

9 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

How is every release the worst ever and this game still going?

They aren't. The forums are just filled with toxicity, these days.

18 minutes ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

-snip-

"I for sure wont spend money on this game for a good while. And I can only encourage other to do so as well"

Spouting your own subjective opinion that everyone doesn't agree with is different than asking others to join you.

You're not some great orator that's going to gather the masses together in unison, you're just another person yelling into a void.

Just now, Leqesai said:

They aren't. The forums are just filled with toxicity, these days.

I was being sarcastic, at least I can give a point to op for admiting he's venting, because all of his points, apart from the usual complaint of "unplayable because of bugs", which apart from scarlet spear has never been the case, are all down to personal prefference.

10 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Can you find post where i claimed such thing ever before?
I have 1306 posts, should be super easy to find!

I disliked 3 things in whole warframe when it comes to updates (ignoring ancient pay 2 win practices)
1. meme strike nerfed to the ground (i just loved that mindless spin to win) but current E smash is just as bad so i do not see the point of it. But melee 2.0 was what actually made me not like it, because i m whip fan and they lost 80% of aoe and do not think anyone uses them now.
2. Introduction of liches in current way (i mean that whole combine cards to kill lich thing, i do not dislike liches themselves)
3. This death of railjack update (If it stays as it is, it will be another archwing, mode that people will play platinum just to avoid, maybe fixed 10 years later like the actual archwing)

It has its good and its bad, I will put the bugs aside as I expect those.

The major bad IMO is that not every corpus RJ mission had to have a ground objective attached to it, there is no reason why they could not have split it 50/50 per area. I enjoy the corpus missions but I do understand where people are coming from with the length of the missions, and the disjointed transition to the standard WF style mission. 

I love the command intrinsics and building my own crew to suit my needs fine tuning them so that I can swap them to a different role when a friend joins me is great.

This isn't the worst, far from it, it got me playing warframe again and I'm enjoying it after a year, remember spectres of the rail? or operation scarlet spear? yeah, there are far worse things than this

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Ver1dian:

Easy: They get worse and worse. Thus the latest is always the worst. With a company caring less and less and get away with more and more that kinda development is to be expected. 

And not everything is bad. The events last year were all well received.

3 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

3. This death of railjack update (If it stays as it is, it will be another archwing, mode that people will play platinum just to avoid, maybe fixed 10 years later like the actual archwing)

Is grineer RJ gone all of a sudden?

In exactly a week when corpus RJ isn't shiny new both will have exactly the same weight in the grand scope if that's your worry.

And it doesn't have to be just you, there's always this one guy who claims an update to be "the worst ever".

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Ver1dian:

In exactly a week when corpus RJ isn't shiny new both will have exactly the same weight in the grand scope if that's your worry.

And it doesn't have to be just you, there's always this one guy who claims an update to be "the worst ever".

No its not. In facts its a way more enjoyable experience at the moment as its not flooded with people who just wanna leech free loot. 

Pretty sure you are correct thou: In a few weeks all of RJ will be as irrelevant and niche as it was before as nothing of value was added. I think in the long run it will be even less played overall as Gran Point was at least a decent source of money and exp for very little efford. The community has already made very clear that RJ isnt something the players cherish or enjoy. Less RJ and more drawn our normal missions with very little rewards wont fix that for sure.

5 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Yes, i liked railjack to be about railjack stuff instead of minigame before the real mission be it defense, exterminate or whatever the objective is.
Maybe you are right and after the feedback of "taxi is not quite what we wanted" they may just buff grineer location and people will have meaningful choice between doing railjack or more familiar normal missions with this little space foreplay.
But virtually no one does the suboptimal farming spots, be it exp or resources. So I hope for them to be on same footing when it comes to that.

I can deal with the huge RJ nerfs that happened in this update, but just removing railjack from railjack is not what i would call "update well done"

Like the user above mentions, most popular mission was gian point, for all you had to do was railjack stuff, it does not matter if you make it 8 16 or 24 crewships, it will be always more popular than having to do some secondary objectives.

If gian was back with "now u gotta kill 100crewships" i would play it 24/7 even if it took several times as long as "kill 1 crewship then shoot 2 turrets and then go play defense in boring tileset"

8 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Yes, i liked railjack to be about railjack stuff instead of minigame before the real mission be it defense, exterminate or whatever the objective is.
Maybe you are right and after the feedback of "taxi is not quite what we wanted" they may just buff grineer location and people will have meaningful choice between doing railjack or more familiar normal missions with this little space foreplay.
But virtually no one does the suboptimal farming spots, be it exp or resources. So I hope for them to be on same footing when it comes to that.

I can deal with the huge RJ nerfs that happened in this update, but just removing railjack from railjack is not what i would call "update well done"

Like the user above mentions, most popular mission was gian point, for all you had to do was railjack stuff, it does not matter if you make it 8 16 or 24 crewships, it will be always more popular than having to do some secondary objectives.

If gian was back with "now u gotta kill 100crewships" i would play it 24/7 even if it took several times as long as "kill 1 crewship then shoot 2 turrets and then go play defense in boring tileset"

I don't really mind us doing a secondary mission but I really dislike that the corpus mission require the full squad to participate in secondary missions.

I want neither nor. The point really is: you are forced to do mission stuff. 

I want RJ dogfights to be the mainmission and have various original and more important optional sidemissions with good rewards that I as a captain can send players in my crew to do if they want to. As a captain I want the control to send and recall crewmates. With their consent ofc. What I dont want is piloting and gunning down crewships on my own while my crew is randomly flying around in their archwings doing nothing even remotely helpful. Also the missions should just be over when 3 ppl are at the goal. There for some reason is always one idiot who keeps doing orphix while everybody else is waiting. Isnt a problem once but if you farm it really starts to get on your nerves.  

13 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

Its not railjack anymore...its a taxi thing...go there, enter and kill. I want real missions to kill fighters and crewships -.-

Similar with grinners missions in veil proxima...Was perfect!

Well, I am so happy to hear that I can play the new missions without having to use the RJ or Archwing. I despise both. Fiddly second rated content. I am happy it is just taxi.

I would like for missions being doable either way. You like RJ/archwing do that. Or just use them as taxi to board ships and do regular ground combat. Everyone can enjoy what the want.

Archived