Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So i was playing Railjack...

Kaiser_Suoh

First of all, i dont really like Railjack, is still confusing for a player who "dont care" about it.

I was trying to play a normal low level mission in my low level Railjack. I dont play Raijack missions because still i dont understand anything about it. But i wanted to try the new update. I was in a Railjack battle,  enemies damaged it, fissures were generated, i went to fix them with the pistol (i dont know the name of the pistol), but one message showed up "you dont have enough (i dont remember the name of the resource)". I failed that mission because i dont have a resource i dont know where i can farm/found. I left after that.

No more Railjack for me.

If you don't know anything about Railjack, then maybe take it to Free Flight first and actually get a handle on it. Like figuring out the Forge and how it works. You need "Revolite" to fix things on your ship. You make revolite at the Forge. You use small batches of the resources you collect in mission to make revolite and everything else in the Forge.

You failed because your ship broke down, and didn't have any Revolite to fix it, which can be crafted in the back of the ship on the lower level.

And frankly, going solo in a unmodded ship when you have no idea what you're doing, is a painfully bad idea.

If you don't want to play in PUGS you could have asked someine in recruit chat to give you some pointers or help you out by joining you.

11 minutes ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

No more Railjack for me.

You give up on RJ after a single failure caused by user error, but the complete lack of tutorials for literally everything else in the game didn't make you quit? Come on.

This is why I don't like people being able to outright buy a RJ - they have no idea what they're getting into. At least people who build one have a rough idea of what they're signing up for.

And railjack 3.0 was created to get aroudn this exact problem.

In the old system, you had a shared resource called Revolite that was used to patch holes in the hull using your "omni" - the pistol you mention. You used it up and had to make more by going to the back of the ship and forging more in the forge. the more the ship got battered, the more you were running back and forth patching things up while the rest of the crew dealt with the fighters and crewships (or you were a gunner trying to dal with the fighters as someone else kept the ship together. All so very awesomely co-op. It really did work well)

the game never mentioned any of that to new players though, and it confused the hell out of them and made RJ a miserable experience. Until you joined a public match and someone says "you new?" and then explains the roles and the revolite and the whole joined-up system of playing and suddenly, RJ was great! There was loads to do, crewships you could kill in a variety of ways, side gun turrents, boarding, hazards, patching making sure there was enough revolite and dome charges and munitions... all was good.

Once you knew how to play.

So DE decided it was too confusing, set it up so the revolite now recharges slowly, and each crew has his own "ammo" pool. And guess what - new players still don't understand it.

The problem with RJ in the past was pretty much solely a lack of tutorial. The problem with it today is still that lack of tutorial but and a heap of broken, dumbed down, trivialised gameplay that makes the RJ part almost pointless added on. (There has been some good bits in the update, but really - its not RJ any more, its just a taxi).

My advice to new players do the corpus railjack missions is to fly as quickly as possible to the target, stop just long enough to shoot down the required crewship (you know how to fire the forward artillery, right - you read the tutorial :) ) and then exit the RJ, archwing the security nodes and do the main part - which is the standard ground mission. (If you have 2 crew, send the other guy off to run through the side mission, whether its a derelict or ice asteroid, they'll catch up when you're in the boarding airlock as Cy will teleport them to you.)

16 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

If you don't know anything about Railjack, then maybe take it to Free Flight first and actually get a handle on it. Like figuring out the Forge and how it works. You need "Revolite" to fix things on your ship. You make revolite at the Forge. You use small batches of the resources you collect in mission to make revolite and everything else in the Forge.

I do have the annoyance that we can no longer pre-craft our own pool of resources, but start out with the base Revolite amount. Until you start collecting resources in the mission, you CANNOT Forge anything, and especially on a weak ship, that's somewhat deadly if you run out quickly. If I have a ton of resources banked, I should be able to transfer some onto my Railjack to at least keep a stockpile.

I also have a nice Rank 5 Engineer who's entire job is running around putting out the fires.

21 hours ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

First of all, i dont really like Railjack, is still confusing for a player who "dont care" about it.

I was trying to play a normal low level mission in my low level Railjack. I dont play Raijack missions because still i dont understand anything about it. But i wanted to try the new update. I was in a Railjack battle,  enemies damaged it, fissures were generated, i went to fix them with the pistol (i dont know the name of the pistol), but one message showed up "you dont have enough (i dont remember the name of the resource)". I failed that mission because i dont have a resource i dont know where i can farm/found. I left after that.

No more Railjack for me.

Pretty much. Even if you understand how it works after hours of studying the wiki... its still boring.

I dont know who at DE tought it was a good idea to put a slow as f space ship into a fast-paced ninja shooter, but here we are.

1 hour ago, Limborghini said:

slow as f space ship

Hmm, yeah I'm not sure about that one

On topic, if you stopped playing after one death & without even looking around your ship for a little bit to understand where were things & what they did, you were just looking for an excuse to quit

Archived