Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE: When will Railjack Enemies Escalate?

DSMK2

So as I'm practically bullying the shielded Orm Crewships and just remembered doing an epic-in-my-mind strafing run on a bunch of turrets on top of a Corpus Stanchion-class capital ship, I realize I'm still waiting to fight higher ship classes, not just fighters and crewships. So while I generally enjoy Railjack content, I'm always dismayed by the fact that the capital ships we board are just set pieces that aren't at all dangerous to an approaching Railjack or Archwing.

When are we gonna fight frigates? When are we gonna fight destroyers? Cruisers? Balor Fomorians?

Since both the Railjack and Archwing announcements, I've been hoping for space combat akin to "Strike Suit Zero". It's an arcadey game where a transforming mecha fights a space navy with different classes of ships, each with multiple subsystems to incapacitate, and specific weakpoints that all had to be destroyed in order to remove said ship from the battlespace.

So, given that crewships move and have interiors, what's preventing larger ships with the same mechanics from being implemented?

1 hour ago, Dauggie said:

chill it'll happen soon, then players will cry for enemies nerf just like how OG railjack enemies were

it won't happen in the years to come ... railjack has a lot to improve before adding new enemies and increasing levels.

The topic refers to the style of play totally different from the purpose, in summary, currently railjack is an artillery ship without much purpose content. Each player needs to be independent in space but some missions break the experience of freedom as squad grouping is necessary

2 hours ago, DSMK2 said:

So as I'm practically bullying the shielded Orm Crewships and just remembered doing an epic-in-my-mind strafing run on a bunch of turrets on top of a Corpus Stanchion-class capital ship, I realize I'm still waiting to fight higher ship classes, not just fighters and crewships. So while I generally enjoy Railjack content, I'm always dismayed by the fact that the capital ships we board are just set pieces that aren't at all dangerous to an approaching Railjack or Archwing.

When are we gonna fight frigates? When are we gonna fight destroyers? Cruisers? Balor Fomorians?

Since both the Railjack and Archwing announcements, I've been hoping for space combat akin to "Strike Suit Zero". It's an arcadey game where a transforming mecha fights a space navy with different classes of ships, each with multiple subsystems to incapacitate, and specific weakpoints that all had to be destroyed in order to remove said ship from the battlespace.

So, given that crewships move and have interiors, what's preventing larger ships with the same mechanics from being implemented?

it's complicated to explain friend, but freedom depends on the host's processing, there is a lot of space to process, there are no terrestrial enemies walking in a horizontal movement it is a huge space for enemies to move in all directions and there are many different enemies stored in the same three-dimensional space

technically when we enter larger ships the whole environment needs to be loaded, new textures, new objects and enemies, are new logical positions moving in real time. In environments like fortune or eydolon there are not many enemies in XYZ for the host to process and in survival missions with hordes of enemies you will notice that there are few types of enemies and they all move only horizontally.

I remember what was presented at tennocon 2018, it was possible to fight regardless of the environment but currently not. yes, it is possible to do this partially in greener missions but it is not as complex as the content proposed for corpus.

for your suggestion to happen the map needs to be focused solely on space warships or ... the game engine needs to be redesigned to process larger content (this is a lot of work to go through).

7 minutes ago, Famecans said:

technically when we enter larger ships the whole environment needs to be loaded, new textures, new objects and enemies, are new logical positions moving in real time.

I had a bug during Orphix where I got teleported back to the railjack mid-mission while the host was not. Limitation can't be that technical.

Grineer also have plenty of missions where you enter bases and stuff, some use even the big rooms from grineer asteroid bases.

16 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

I had a bug during Orphix where I got teleported back to the railjack mid-mission while the host was not. Limitation can't be that technical.

Grineer also have plenty of missions where you enter bases and stuff, some use even the big rooms from grineer asteroid bases.

yes, i see this but look at corpus missions, there are 2 different types of pre-loaded tilesets as there is a side mission with orokin objects very far from the main objective, this does not need loading however when we enter the bigger ship there are many enemies and new tilesets and there are also complete extermination and defense missions, so everything outside the corpus ship needs to be dumped from the host and everyone in the squad needs to accept and do that, it’s a process of cooling the host.

these corpus maps are much more complex in the cast compared to greener, in greener maps we have only 5 to 10 different types of terrestrial enemies (including bosses) and many duplicated internal tilesets, the external greener enemies(ships) are also duplicated, when we enter greener ships there is no spawners, already in missions corpus the action is faster and there are spawners because the artificial intelligence needs to attack cryopod

I imagine that is it but it is possible that I am wrong and the DE can solve this "loading gate" between two totally different missions.

Wouldn't even mind smaller non-procedurally interiors for bigger ships, you'll clearly know what you're stepping into, and that's been happening already with the current crewships. The main Corpus missions in the new Railjack levels are definitely a different beast compared to Crewship interiors, as it's the classic generated levels we experience in non-Railjack missions.

Dropping in this for general reference:

Might've steered my own topic off course, since I really just wanted bigger enemies to fight with my Railjack, board-able or not. Indirectly, I'm wishing we can simply shoot up crewships till they explode, and leave the frontal artillery for bigger targets.

---

EDIT: Hell, don't even bother with a full interior for a larger ship, have small interiors related to a subsection or weakness :V

6 hours ago, DSMK2 said:

EDIT: Hell, don't even bother with a full interior for a larger ship, have small interiors related to a subsection or weakness :V

Yes maybe ... we don't have enough technical data to judge DE, I don't know what DE plan is for railjack.

Some players say that railjack will replace orbital, I don't believe that because railjack has been downgraded, the warframe/arsenal display has been removed from inside, the sentinel displayer at tennocon 2018 did not exist in version 1.0 of railjack, and our orbital has one new design updated for many years, plexus system is on orbital.

about steve's explanation, yes it is remarkable, everything that is outside or inside exists preloaded in places far from the three-dimensional universe but when there is a lot of preloaded content everything will be overloaded

steve said on another twitter that if you could create Warframe 2 the entire loading system would be imperceptible, so loads of non-existent spaces would be similar to plains eidolon, gta-sa, cod warzone or minecraft and objects would be loaded procedurally on the horizon

Archived