Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat (possibly all pet?) AI has become abysmal.

_cunningStunts

I'm not really sure where to post this, but here we are.   To those that have noticed their Kavats dying a lot more than normal since the patch, I believe I have found the reason (with help from clan mates).  

Their AI has noticeably dropped to near zero.  They attack non-threat enemies, they stay on enemies when you are long gone, and they in-turn die.  Die a lot. 

If you haven't noticed, or feel like something has been off with your Kavats in the past couple days, pay attention to this.  It's frustrating as hell, a fully forma buffed completely modded max lvl Smeeta with pack leader and both links dying multiple times in a sortie or lich node or axi relic mission, should not be happening.  It didn't before the patch, and it does now.

I am positive there are others with this problem, but it seems no one has really noticed or said anything yet.  So...in the interest of all of us, say something if you have anything to add!

Something is wonky.

Yeah i noticed this and that my venari got completely distracted by an enemy that a xatu on my team had cast Gaze on (made the enemy invulnerable) and they had duration so it was a solid 3 mins that my venari was distracted, i would command her to strike with my 3 on another enemy and she would attack the Gaze enemy or go attack the marked and teleport straight back to attacking the Gaze locked enemy.

I would imagine that this bug is similar with any ability that makes enemies invulnerable or friendly.

My panzer vulpathyla and two support kubrows (Sahasa and Huras) that I use have this. They just see enemies and go absolutely feral, they won't follow me like they used to, which makes them pretty pointless right now in anything that isn't exterminate or defence (and not like I'd use the kubrows for those).

I also noticed that my Kavat keeps disappearing during SO/ESO after round or two it still shows that its active in my party list but i don't see it anywhere in the following zones nor do i get the benefits from it like Vacuum or Charm buff.

I noticed this as well, and think that part of the problem is also with enemy AI - they seem to prioritize pets much more than they used to. I noticed a group of about 5 Grineer just clumped up around a pet, constantly attacking despite other, larger threats being close by. As you noted, companions are also sticking around to fight things for much longer than normal; they are sticking to one place, despite their owner leaving the tile, and not warping back to them as quickly as they used to. A friend suggested that this AI issue may be caused by changes to AI that were required due to Railjack Crew - Crew needing to stick to an enemy and not snap to the player, and enemies needing to focus Crew during a boarding.

I've been experiencing this issue as well, and another possible cause occurred to me: if pets attacks are coded as melee attacks, it is possible the recent update removed the stagger all melee attacks used to have. This could result in pets receiving far more damage from their targets than we are used to.

13 hours ago, Lokisama said:

I also noticed that my Kavat keeps disappearing during SO/ESO after round or two it still shows that its active in my party list but i don't see it anywhere in the following zones nor do i get the benefits from it like Vacuum or Charm buff.

That was happening even before the Railjack 3.0 patch. Pets (not sentinels) seem to stay behind in the previous zone sometimes.

I thought it was only a vulpaphyla thing though; I think that they respawn at their last "living" location when they return from their larva state?

20 minutes ago, N1TR0SS said:

That was happening even before the Railjack 3.0 patch. Pets (not sentinels) seem to stay behind in the previous zone sometimes.

I thought it was only a vulpaphyla thing though; I think that they respawn at their last "living" location when they return from their larva state?

As you pointed out, this specific issue has been around before this patch.  Lets keep this post dedicated to the issue at hand pleaseeee.

Can confirm that pets seem to be getting stuck fighting a certain enemy no matter how far you are, which results in them being ganged up on (since they're the only target remaining in that room) and obliterated.

Noticed the same thing, my smeeta that almost never died is now constantly super far away from me and dying to random things all the time, feels like the only time it's near me is when it teleports when downed and I revive him.

Adding a screenshot. Cinder is my Vulpaphyla, which you can see the nameplate for in the distance (above the marker for Excavator A). On the overlay map, you can see the icon for Cinder, 2 full map tiles away. As noted by N7Arthur above, these issues are leading to massively increased death rates for companions, who are tending to only snap to the player when they get downed and need to be revived.HHHm1fw.jpg

They've been a particular pain trying to do certain missions in the cambion drift, when you have to kill things inside the circle, but your companion is far away from you outside the circle drawing enemies to it.  Makes it nearly impossible to complete.

7 hours ago, _cunningStunts said:

It appears that MOA companions, ability companions (wukong's twin, etc), hostages, drones (helios, etc), and spectres do NOT have this problem.

Can confirm. Maybe Kubrows and Kavats have contracted space rabies. D=

Archived