Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat (possibly all pet?) AI has become abysmal.

_cunningStunts

On 2021-03-22 at 6:52 AM, _cunningStunts said:

a fully forma buffed completely modded max lvl Smeeta with pack leader and both links dying multiple times in a sortie or lich node or axi relic mission, should not be happening.  It didn't before the patch, and it does now.

this is true and VERY annoying, never posted here anything considering free game and stuff but 🤮

I'm reviving my smeeta around 3 times as often as I had to before Corpus RJ.  At first, I just attributed this to playing more RJ.  Pets are unreliable there, what with the persistent AOE effects on the ground (hazards) and the like.

But now that I've gotten what I wanted from the RJ update, I'm still noticing my smeeta dying all the time.  In Steel Path, sure.  I expect her to go down about once a mission.  But now it's all the time.  And she's dying on sorties way more than she used to.  I have more than half of her build dedicated to defense.  

DE, pet survivability needs to be addressed on a grander scale too, even if this bug gets fixed.  Constantly reviving my companions breaks the flow of this game.  And that flow, the excellent mobility system you have created, is one thing that I really like about Warframe.

Just now, sunderthefirmament said:

I'm reviving my smeeta around 3 times as often as I had to before Corpus RJ.  At first, I just attributed this to playing more RJ.  Pets are unreliable there, what with the persistent AOE effects on the ground (hazards) and the like.

But now that I've gotten what I wanted from the RJ update, I'm still noticing my smeeta dying all the time.  In Steel Path, sure.  I expect her to go down about once a mission.  But now it's all the time.  And she's dying on sorties way more than she used to.  I have more than half of her build dedicated to defense.  

DE, pet survivability needs to be addressed on a grander scale too, even if this bug gets fixed.  Constantly reviving my companions breaks the flow of this game.  And that flow, the excellent mobility system you have created, is one thing that I really like about Warframe.

I cannot be sure if it's a survivability issue, is the thing.  I really think that it's the pathing/leashing/aggression AI related problem we've been discussing.  It's kinda hard to tell if their survivability has been changed at all without first fixing the AI problem, IMO.

2 minutes ago, _cunningStunts said:

I cannot be sure if it's a survivability issue, is the thing.  I really think that it's the pathing/leashing/aggression AI related problem we've been discussing.  It's kinda hard to tell if their survivability has been changed at all without first fixing the AI problem, IMO.

Bad pathing/targeting behavior is leading to the pets staying in danger longer and not leashing to our Warframes.  At least, that's the perception here.  It results in decreased survivability.  My pet is dying much more than it used to before this update.

The final comment in my previous post was more to remind DE that even if this weird issue gets resolved, pets still die too much (especially to new Corpus) and it doesn't really lead to any interesting gameplay decisions on my part as a player.  So I'd like them to fix this bug, if that's what it is, that was introduced with Corpus RJ.  But I would also like them to take a long look at pet survivability and make some changes there.  Anyway, this isn't exactly the right thread for that.  I just didn't want DE to fix one thing and think that pets were suddenly in a great state.

2 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Bad pathing/targeting behavior is leading to the pets staying in danger longer and not leashing to our Warframes.  At least, that's the perception here.  It results in decreased survivability.  My pet is dying much more than it used to before this update.

The final comment in my previous post was more to remind DE that even if this weird issue gets resolved, pets still die too much (especially to new Corpus) and it doesn't really lead to any interesting gameplay decisions on my part as a player.  So I'd like them to fix this bug, if that's what it is, that was introduced with Corpus RJ.  But I would also like them to take a long look at pet survivability and make some changes there.  Anyway, this isn't exactly the right thread for that.  I just didn't want DE to fix one thing and think that pets were suddenly in a great state.

Well put.

All non sentinel companions seem to be broken in that way, i say sentinels because those don't have the issue of being away from you

It has been extremely annoying for farming, and even noticed that in ESO it can just not teleport with you and think it's dead while the hp/shield bar is full

Was using sentinels a while now for new RJ. But then i jumped into a long Steelpath survival with more higher MR player. All were used to the "normal behaviour" of their pets. And everyone including me had this moment when we all suddenly said: "Something must be wrong with the kavats." Basically we been mostly been rezzing the pets the whole time from this point on.

Especially in SP you can see if one already invested into their kavats a bit already but this was hilarious. Because we all had very nice modded kavats. And this is definitively broken.

I don't run Maul, Pounce, Swipe or Sharpened Claws on my Kavats and they normally leave enemies alone go invis and give me buffs. Now they all have a wild hair up their ass and focus in on one enemy and won't stop attacking no matter how far away I get. It's totally pointless to run a pet since the RJ update. What really sucks is it's also pointless to run a sentinel because they all die. Companions are 100% worthless now.

I'm experiencing this too, have noticed it since the last big update right away.

DE please fix, it's getting to the point that pets are just USELESS now. A friggin burden because it wont stay close, attacking random enemies and dying all the time.

Sigh...

I'd just like to point out that Specters correctly teleport to me after advancing forward in a mission. Pets, however, experience tunnel vision and fixate on any enemy in their path, completely ignoring the fact that I'm 10 tiles away and that they should catch up with me.

Just to bump it and say sorry, my first post here was salty and not helpful :) maybe this will help, for example dis cat [ overframe.gg/build/1027/smeeta-kavat/sole-survivor-config-a/ ] used to survive anything on itself, with player running melee its impossible for a pet to die. Now any mission where you are not just breezing through, pet will be stuck far away attackin someone until dead or new one for me, it decided not to move onto next ESO round with me :) 

Bump - I really like to run Ani (Steel Path) with my Khora (*cough* Ani doesn't have Nullifiers at all *cough*)  and my beloved Serena (Smeeta Kavat) just goes berserk and runs away like Flash to the next enemy, Hulk-Huggs it and dies, then teleports behind me like a smart boy, gets revived and repeat.

Am 1.4.2021 um 01:14 schrieb _cunningStunts:

Well we have gotten a response......on reddit....1 day ago....instant response, not on their own forums......

Dev response here.

Zitat

Fixed Pet Companions being overly fixated on finishing combat before they are capable of switching to follow/teleport behaviors.

Idk i even did an hour Steelpath Survival. It still seems to me that the Kavats ..... they have sort of rabies still? (I don't know if this the proper word for this sad animal desease).

Can you please re-review this?

Thank you.

PS.: I wanted to add that this is not to being meant as aprils fool or so. They just still seem to be a bitt too incleaned to attack enemies still (seem to die more), comparing to as it was before they were broken.

Did another run (3 hours) today. Now somehow i had the feeling it is ok again. Thx.

Archived