Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space battles missing

--Q--Nagling

Personally I've loved Railjack (RJ) from the beginning (aside the absolute start, you know what I mean) and for me it has actually become my favorite game mode in Warframe. However, these new mission changes killed something and I think it is the lack of space battles. Before, you were able to fight an overwhelming amount of space fighters, relying on your piloting skills, ability micromanage the integrity of your ship's hull and "sniping" Crewships (CS) with your ship's big gun. Now... Now we get 10-12 spawns of fighters and 1-2 CS on the highest level missions. There's no feel of an epic space battle! And to make things worse (for me atleast) you will absolutely HAVE to exit your RJ to complete the mission. If you're in a squad, EVERYONE has to exit the ship. Where's the factor of someone staying behind and defending the ship from swarms of enemy, that try destroy our escape?

All in all, I enjoy most of the changes. The streamlining from avionics to mods and having goals that benefit the rest of the game also makes RJ finally a game mode worth the time investment and it's not just hanging out there like Archwing. Great job DE. Thank you.

However, I plead to DE: Return atleast some RJ specific/only mission(s). Somewhere where you are actually able to do those epic space battles that atleast I fell in love with.

Another suggestion from me would be a survival mission type for RJ. My idea is that the RJ crew sets out to survive in space battle as long as possible (while a fellow tenno operative steals information or whatnot) and while enemies ramp up in numbers/strength. The rewards would be managed by the number of enemies destroyed and/or time survived. Mission would end by the time you get your first hull breach and Cephalon Cy forces you to retreat or fail if the breach is received before the first reward requirement is reached.

Alternatively the survival could function abit like the Index: You bet beforehand how long you are able to survive and get rewarded if said time is achieved.

The whole "Playing as the Tenno Operative Lotus always talks about in survival" was actually supposed to be what Squad Link did, but they haven't seemed to be able to get it working aside from the Scarlet Spear event.

Archived