Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is really considered an "Eidolon kill" ?

Blauze

Question

Okay this might be a dumb question, but I just killed my first Eidolon Teralyst (and in solo too, since nobody I know was available and random people don't really help out), got my achievement for it and everything, and then... I check my stats and I see "Eidolon Teralyst Kills: 2".

This is puzzling to me, as I'm positive I never joined a group that was fighting it, and I only attempted to fight it twice; on the first attempt, I spent 20+ minutes trying to find the Teralyst as it teleported and I could never find it, the plains switched to daytime and that was the end of it.

Is it why the game counted it as a kill despite it clearly not being the case? Or does solo'ing the Teralyst somehow counts as two kills?

Thanks in advance for the reply. On my end, I'm ready to solo it 9 more times to get that Quills rank up 😄

6 answers to this question

I'm absolutely positive that never happened. I have only been with other players during night time a handful of times and it was always for bounties with my clan mates. Most of the time when I accidentally join an open squad, I alt-f4 the game during the loading screen so that I don't have to wait for others to stop fishing/mining. So unless they somehow delivered a kill during the few seconds before I noticed my mistake, I don't think it happened that way either.

Besides, there was no "Eidolon Teralyst Kills" line in my stats earlier today, so it went from nothing to 2. I still don't have any Hydrolyst/Gantulyst lines either. And I only have one shard as well - if I had killed an eidolon before, I'd have definitely looted it, and I'd have had the achievement before today.

Those stats are not very reliable, I can tell from my own experience: I have more Garry captures than Terry captures in my own profile stats: an impossibility as far as the game is concerned: you have to cap Terry to even fight Garry.

Well I just killed it again and my stats went from 2 to 4. So I guess it does count twice? That's a bummer, I don't really like fake stats but what can you do.

PS: this time, I received a "mission failed" message right as I killed it. Just like if I had died 4 times in a regular mission. I still had half my shields and all my HP though, and I was at sniper range, nowhere near it. That's heartbreaking, as I couldn't even loot it, I have to loot it 9 more times to even progress with the Quills and I'm looking at a 20 minute fight every time since I'm doing this blind with a non-gilded 1-1-1 amp.

Archived