Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Putting Oberon behind Railjack is VERY new player unfriendly decision.

OwlOfJune

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1253565-update-29100-corpus-proxima-the-new-railjack/

Ash and Oberon have been added to Railjack rewards! Oberon Component Blueprints can be found in Grineer Railjack Point of Interest and Skirmish Bonus reward tables, and Ash Component Blueprints can be found in Corpus Railjack Defense mission rewards.

We’ve permanently removed Ash and Oberon Blueprints from Eximus and Manic drop tables respectively. We did this to connect Railjack to some more ‘core Warframe’ style rewards, and make their acquisition more straightforward for matchmaking purposes.

Ash being moved is..... fine, Manic was quite annoying and wasn't really clear. 

But Oberon? It is a very solid frame that used to be very easily farmed for newer players to use early on their playthrough. It makes no sense putting it so far behind, making it inaccessible to a lot of players who would be starting game.

My proposals is to put Harrow, one of most confusing and weirdest frame to farm as of now (all 3 parts dropping from totally different places and missions) to Railjack for 'acquisition more straightforward', and put Oberon farming back to where it was.

This will come with added bonus of freeing Defection loot table, which is one of least liked Warframe game modes, and do something about it. It would bring good will to new and old players both.

Meeeeeeeeeh.

With several dozens Frames to chose from, many of which are equally competitive and do similar things as Oberon, I can't help but to think that newer players can without any problem survive until Railjack without Oberon.

Is this move an overall hinderance for newer players? Yes, sure, 100%. Will newer players survive regardless? Yes, sure, 100%. Is it at most a very minor hinderance? Yes, sure, 100%.  Have you offered any reason for DE not to do this, aside from saying "your decision to make one grind harder is going to make a grind harder"? No, not at all.

I actually found the ash farm to be worse. Back then, you can try get a manic once every 5 minutes or less in T3 Defection in the Yursa Neptune node. Now, you have to do 20 defense for 10% chance for the part.

They either make his parts drop in Rotation A or move ash somewhere else or increase the drop chance.

To quote reddit on this one:

• This move hurts new players as it makes it harder to acquire Oberon, plus removes the easy credits that came with selling all his dupe parts.
  • This moves also hurts veterans and everyone else as it dilutes the drop table of the new missions even further that it already is.
  • As such, this is a terrible move for everyone, as nobody benefits for the change.

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Have you offered any reason for DE not to do this, aside from saying "your decision to make one grind harder is going to make a grind harder"? No, not at all.

New player play through is horrible, that is hardly a secret. Removing the ONE frame players can get reliably without actively farming for it hurts 'New player experience' even more. (Rhino is harder to get now with Jackal remake being overkill, so the new players being very hard to find a secondary frame is even more of glaring issue.)

So if DE wants to keep playerbase higher, stop making new player experience worse, like putting a very reliable frame to get early one behind a grind that will take hours to get into.

1 hour ago, OwlOfJune said:

Removing the ONE frame players can get reliably without actively farming for it hurts 'New player experience' even more

THE ONE??

I'm sorry, but I can't take this sort of comment seriously. You want one frame new players can reliably get without actively farming, and who is - in my estimation - much stronger than Oberon? Nezha. Join a clan, pay a bit of credits (and yes, this means newer players will have to get some credits) and have a frame who can solo Steel Path missions with the correct build.

100% reliable, requires no active farming. Requires to passively get a bit of credits.

Volt ain't bad himself, though.

And look, I know what you'll say. "But imagine I am not only a newer player but also a miserable git who despises the idea of talking to people and gets a heart attack at the idea of joining a clan. WHAT THEN! NO RELIABLE FRAME, CHECKMATE!", to which I respond "ok you are certainly very clever".

So if DE wants to keep playerbase higher, stop making new player experience worse, like putting a very reliable frame to get early one behind a grind that will take hours to get into.

The newer player experience is a horrendous climb through years of content. But Oberon's removal is going to change zilch in this.

Considering every player I recommended this game to I told them that over time you'll just happen onto Oberon, who is an EXTREMELY good frame, this hurts. Oberon is actually a fantastic frame that I swear nobody in public matches ever play. I've met one other person who uses him regularly, and he's one of my friends who I showed Oberon to, and he loved him. This is a poor move in my opinion, but considering how strong Oberon really is, I'm not too broken up by him being harder to get. I am broken up about him diluting Railjack drop tables. Ree.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

THE ONE??

I'm sorry, but I can't take this sort of comment seriously. You want one frame new players can reliably get without actively farming, and who is - in my estimation - much stronger than Oberon? Nezha. Join a clan, pay a bit of credits (and yes, this means newer players will have to get some credits) and have a frame who can solo Steel Path missions with the correct build.

100% reliable, requires no active farming. Requires to passively get a bit of credits.

Volt ain't bad himself, though.

And look, I know what you'll say. "But imagine I am not only a newer player but also a miserable git who despises the idea of talking to people and gets a heart attack at the idea of joining a clan. WHAT THEN! NO RELIABLE FRAME, CHECKMATE!", to which I respond "ok you are certainly very clever".

The newer player experience is a horrendous climb through years of content. But Oberon's removal is going to change zilch in this.

....Well, this is feedback forum to DE, not a letter sent to your personal message box, so feel free to unable to take this take 'seriously' and move on?

Like, you actually acknowledge and agree that new player experience is horrible rn, you gain nothing from being against a feedback that tries to keep it better, even by a 'zilch'.

And yes, I know Clan frames exist but obviously getting help from vets and their past work doesn't count as 'passively earning'. At that point everything about new players experience is moot because the problem is poor explanation from the game itself. If they are in a clan with already researched frames and more, they are expected to have someone to guide them. 

I agree that moving Oberon to Railjack was a silly idea: the frame being so easy to obtain right now was never an issue, and when I was starting out, it gave me a goal to work towards very early on. Additionally, being an earthy, nature-based frame, Oberon is probably one of the least-suited warframes to distribute exclusively through RJ. I agree with the OP, I'd rather keep Oberon as the frame whose parts drop from Eximus units, and instead make some other frame like Harrow or Nidus drop from his current locations instead.

Yeah, this change surprised me, as well. Oberon was one of THE low-level Warframes. It's the first one players typically get, long before even Rhino. Pretty much all the people I've introduced into the game used him until they got a few more Warframes. This honestly hurts the low-level experience because new players are already receiving the very shortest end of the stick. You're still learning the game, still don't know what any of the gobbledygook nonsense names mean, still don't know where to find anything AND you're stuck using pretty much the same one Warframe and the same three weapons for days on end. Yeah, sure, "go find a Clan." Like a new player will have the savvy of a veteran to grift off other people. "Just go farm Rhino." Sure - once you read up on the Wiki and figure out where to farm him. I've lost players to the first few days, because even Oberon takes 72 hours to build. That's asking a lot from a player who might have downloaded the game for free just to see what it's like.

If "what Warframe is like" is having to immediately dig into a Wiki so you can figure out what to grind for, then spend 72 hours making it, that's not a good first impression. Not to mention that Nezha requires Argon to build, which players aren't going to have access to until Phobos. Or that Rhino requires Plastids, which also require Phobos. The again, even Oberon himself requires Control Modules, which need Europa. So I guess this is more of an indictment of general low-level Warframe experience, where most of the blueprints you get will be unbildable until much later in the game...

And yes, I know Clan frames exist but obviously getting help from vets and their past work doesn't count as 'passively earning'

Picking up Oberon pieces from the floor is "passively earning" and picking up credits from the floor to buy Nezha is NOT "passively earning"? What the hell is this

For the new player it is passively earned, thanks to the hard work of the veterans who came before them and build the clans. We put in the work so that they may profit.

....Well, this is feedback forum to DE, not a letter sent to your personal message box, so feel free to unable to take this take 'seriously' and move on?

You quoted me and answered to one of my remarks (in a way that I found to be ludicrously bad). If you are bothered by discussion, then I suggest - hot take - that you don't start it.

Or that you try saying things that aren't going to be relentlessly mocked because you forget Nezha and you think that picking credits from the floor is somehow "not passive enough" for your taste.

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Or that Rhino requires Plastids, which also require Phobos. The again, even Oberon himself requires Control Modules, which need Europa.

You can get both of these from low-level bounties! They need to be randomly available, and there's no simple way to check for them (or even know they exist there), but it's a realistic option. I, myself, crafted an Oberon before reaching Mars on PS4.

Archived