New Railjack nodes progression (sort of) locked behind Mechs?..

I'm currently doing Neptune Railjack nodes, and my next node is a Orphix mission.

I don't have a Mech. Managed to do Venus Orphix using only operator, but I seriously doubt that will work in Neptune.

To add to that, just learned that there are also Oprhix nodes in Pluto and Veil.

Unless I'm missing something here, how is one supposed to even clear Neptune/Pluto/Veil solo without a Mech?

Not necessarily complaining, just seems weird to me that a Railjack mission in order to be completed depends on a different sub system ( mechs ) that have nothing to do with Railjack or core Warframe.

Edit: Attached video attempt to complete Neptune Orphix node using taxi Mechs.

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 4
Just now, Vit0Corleone said:

I don't have a Mech. Managed to do Venus Orphix using only operator, but I seriously doubt that will work in Neptune.

There are disassembled Necramechs inside the mission, you can pop into your Operator to control and repair them. They are basic without mods, so yeah, definitely worth actually getting your own crafted.

You can also buy the basic Necramech parts from other players as they are tradeable

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

Doesn't it have some laying around? the taxi mechs?

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Have you not seen the Mechs on the ground that Father sends?

Yes I have.

But they are rather weak in the DPS department and slow ( no mods, etc ).

With how fast the Orphix spawns, it's just not viable to use them. At least that's how it felt to me on Venus Orphix.

I tried those Mechs and it was way faster just to zip around in operator.

7 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Yes, because they are essentially free.
If you want more build one, it's rather cheap and easy compared to other things in wf tbh.
In the event you could easily do the first couple of Orphix with the free ones, dunno if it's different here. 

3 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Yes, because they are essentially free.
If you want more build one, it's rather cheap and easy compared to other things in wf tbh.
In the event you could easily do the first couple of Orphix with the free ones, dunno if it's different here. 

I am currently building my first Mech, should be done in 3 days. That wasn't really the point.

The point is that it just seems weird to me that in order to play Railljack you need to have a Mech.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I am currently building my first Mech, should be done in 3 days. That wasn't really the point.

The point is that it just seems weird to me that in order to play Railljack you need to have a Mech.

Not really, its just those orphix missions you need mech. Not the whole railjack. Just take your time, progress little bit by getting your mech and then start clearing more nodes in proxima. And as mentioned before, lying mechs are there for you on the ground, weak buy good enough to clear 3 orphixes to clear your node

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Yep and they provide you with 1 that can in theory do it.That's the point, it's a soft lock.
Like how in order to do a tridolon you have to have a good amp.
In theory you can do it with the mote amp, but...those kind of masochists are a very very rare breed.

7 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Seems like a normal progression point

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, fakeplayerr said:

Not really, its just those orphix missions you need mech. Not the whole railjack.

No, I can't skip Orphix and do the next mission. Have to complete that node so the next one becomes available.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Seems like a normal progression point

Does it? I'm thinking and can't recall anything similar to this.

What's next, you need max standing with Ventind kids to do the upcoming Raids?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

No, I can't skip Orphix and do the next mission. Have to complete that node so the next one becomes available.

I'm pretty sure just killing 3 Orphixes with the stock mech is doable to just unlock the mission extraction.

To go beyond that? Not feasible.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

I'm pretty sure just killing 3 Orphixes with the stock mech is doable to just unlock the mission extraction.

To go beyond that? Not feasible.

Maybe. I tried a few times and failed.

Just the time it takes to get into the mech, with the animation etc. there goes like 10% of control to the sentients.

Killing the Orphix with a Mech works, but the time it takes ( DPS is low ) the Mech keeps getting damaged by adds and then dies shortly after. Go get another Mech, another 10% control lost.

The Orphix spawns pretty fast, there's just not enough time for me to finish them off before it reaches 100% control.

Just now, Vit0Corleone said:

Maybe. I tried a few times and failed.

Just the time it takes to get into the mech, with the animation etc. there goes like 10% of control to the sentients.

Killing the Orphix with a Mech works, but the time it takes ( DPS is low ) the Mech keeps getting damaged by adds and then dies shortly after. Go get another Mech, another 10% control lost.

The Orphix spawns pretty fast, there's just not enough time for me to finish them off before it reaches 100% control.

You are picking Voidrig? Because Bonewidow can wake up faster, heals itself and Ironbride can hit the Orphix regardless where you hit it.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

You are picking Voidrig? Because Bonewidow can wake up faster, heals itself and Ironbride can hit the Orphix regardless where you hit it.

I'm picking whatever Mech is on the ground, It's not like I have time to go look around and choose :P

3 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I'm picking whatever Mech is on the ground, It's not like I have time to go look around and choose :P

Keep trying then and do enough to finish the mission to unlock the other node, practice makes perfect.

57 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

There are ticks to get the mech to move a bit faster even without mods, have the mech dash and jump at the end of it will make it leap a fair distance, it does require a few attempt to get it down and well a ceiling high enough to allow it.

Picture it as Hulk taking a running start before leaping.

Edited by smashedwookie
1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Yes I have.

With how fast the Orphix spawns, it's just not viable to use them. At least that's how it felt to me on Venus Orphix.

Build a Mausolon and use the alt fire to kill the Orphix.

Just now, HoustonDragon said:

A fully modded and leveled Kuva Ayanga tends to mow through stuff nicely too.

Haven't tried that, I used the Mausolon during the event. Thanks for the idea :)

Just now, Miser_able said:

Good luck using that with the anti warframe field around the orphix. 

You mean the weapon that your mech can use? OK no problem.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy