Mutalist Cernos Arsenal Damage bugged?

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Question

in my modding screen

the the mutalist cernos has for its base damge

184.5 impact, 10.3 puncture, 10.3 slash, 5 toxin

for a total base damage of 210.1

If i then apply a 60/60cold mod

It changes to 184.5 impact, 10.3 puncture, 10.3 slash 123 cold, 8 viral   ???what??? shouldn't that be something like 131 viral, with no separate cold stat??

then it gets weirder

If I apply a 60/60 cold and a 60/60 tox and a 60/60 heat

it gives

184.5 impact, 10.3, puncture 10.3 slash, 3 heat, 11 viral  a total of just 219 listed ????where did all my elementals go??? just 3 heat damage??? shouldn't that be in the neighborhood of 126 heat or so??

Is the Mutalist Cernos bugged?

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

I vaguely remember some older post now when the thing was new. It has some kind of secondary gascloud effect, that made damage look weird on the 'radial' part and elements getting bonkers, sometimes not turning out what you were trying to mod it for.

(Edit) yay, found it back. This thread might explain some confusion?

So basically its an old UI Glitch

and it has never been fixed in all this time

Great Job DE

15 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

in my modding screen

the the mutalist cernos has for its base damge

184.5 impact, 10.3 puncture, 10.3 slash, 5 toxin

for a total base damage of 210.1

If i then apply a 60/60cold mod

It changes to 184.5 impact, 10.3 puncture, 10.3 slash 123 cold, 8 viral   ???what??? shouldn't that be something like 131 viral, with no separate cold stat??

then it gets weirder

If I apply a 60/60 cold and a 60/60 tox and a 60/60 heat

it gives

184.5 impact, 10.3, puncture 10.3 slash, 3 heat, 11 viral  a total of just 219 listed ????where did all my elementals go??? just 3 heat damage??? shouldn't that be in the neighborhood of 126 heat or so??

Is the Mutalist Cernos bugged?

I've never used the weapon myself so expect me to be wrong, but no matter what I think the Mutalist Cernos is supposed to do toxin damage so it'll always be there no matter what. I doubt this is this case but everytime I see it used it does toxin dmg..

This could be that the cernos has a main damage type of toxin and it’s affecting that or it could be that damage numbers on a gun or bow will not match on a enemy do to resistances and weaknesses as well as having to calculate what would happen if you had his against this and would be very hard to do it’s just my guess but could be a bug

Archived