Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Parkour!

Mi_Goreng

Most of the people (including me) just run and slide all the time,even though this game is supposed to be a ninja based game.This "run and slide " made the game unlike a ninja based game .I hope DE could make more obstacles so we have to climb ladders and ropes or  jump .What about you guys ,any thoughts??

But muh sanicframe....

Doubt it will ever happen.There were a few tiles that required parkour and they nerfed the hell out of them.

HELL there was one grineer galleon tile that required you to slide or just crouch and walk under some pipes.Nerfed that too.

Wouldn't want people to think this game is more than just having the sprint button taped down with duct tape and pressing 4 to insta kill a whole room now, would we?

I love parkour and I wish there were more 'scripted' places to wallrun, but that will probably need to wait untill they add wallrun to the tutorial.

To be honest there are a lot of spots where you can wallrun/walljump for a shortcut if you keep your eyes open and have some immagination.

What I really want DE to do is remove doors from corpus elevators so that we can wallrun up the shaft without leaving the rest of the team screwed.

But muh sanicframe....

Doubt it will ever happen.There were a few tiles that required parkour and they nerfed the hell out of them.

HELL there was one grineer galleon tile that required you to slide or just crouch and walk under some pipes.Nerfed that too.

Wouldn't want people to think this game is more than just having the sprint button taped down with duct tape and pressing 4 to insta kill a whole room now, would we?

Pretty much sums it up here, apparently there is some mysterious demographic which is incapable of parkour. 

But muh sanicframe....

well those tiles were changed because the rescue target doesn't know how to solid snake and duck under the pipes ;)

But muh sanicframe....

Hey, now, that Grineer tile was changed because the Hostage was getting stuck, not because it required sliding.

I hope.

Plus, strategic use of slide-jumping and horizontal walljumps is faster than just sprinting constantly ;P

@OP: Honestly, I do think this game does give a sort of Ninja feel. Not an Actual Ninja feel, but a Fantasy Ninja feel (since Fantasy Ninjas emphasize speed and Ninja Magic more heavily than stealth and misdirection). Having said that, though, I think we could use some missions that DO have an Actual Ninja thing going for 'em.

Edited by OblivionNecroninja