Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You forgot about Critical Deceleration.. and there's more:

Cakeomaru

First of all, thank you for reading this post! Anyhow, my input won't seem to fit in any of the mega feedback thread, so I'll leave this here:

If I recall correctly, Critical Delay and Creeping Bullseye received the following changes:

• Increased Critical Chance Value from +48% to +187%.
  • Disables stacking with Point Strike and Pistol Gambit to their respective weapon types.

I understand that the changes were made to cater the new Internal Bleeding and Hemorrhage mods, however, what about the mod below:

cw8gjkW.png

Has this been left unchanged for a purpose? Generally, I dislike the inconsistency among mods, and seeing this not receiving the treatment like its two other mods made me question myself: Is this an experimental phase or something? Primed Heavy Trauma  is already bad enough for me to not have an accompanying kin, because "Primed Jagged Edge" does not exist, as well as the other weapon variants. It's sad for me to not see a variety of mod choices, where I can slowly see a pattern that the existence of some mods may just be there as merely a "bandaid".

To elaborate what could be a potential issue in the future:

The damage types between different physical aspects may not be balanced enough that you are simply just adding more new mechanics that may serve as a way to approach the issue. Let's talk about the Internal Bleeding. At maxed rank, upon Impact Status Effect, it has 35% chance to also inflict a Slash Status Effect . the chance is x2 if the weapon's fire rate is below 2.5, so a thought of 70% effect chance if the conditions were met. With this there can be several questions that can be used against this:

1.  Does this mod exist in other forms like how about a "upon Puncture Effect, chance to inflict a Slash Status" or "Impact status causing Puncture effect"?
  2.  Why is this being redirected back to Slash Status Effect. Is Slash damage being dominant again?
  3.  What does this imply to Hunter Munitions, a mod that upon Critical Hit, has a chance to cause Slash Status Effect. Will there be eventually a Headshot causing status effect too?

I'm certain alot of things can aspire in our minds on the future of content balancing. It's already frustrating enough to know that melee weapons in general dominates over ranged weapons as of now (I know that DE will be working on massively buffing guns which is what I am looking forward to). Any similar thoughts on this?

6 hours ago, syl42 said:

They forgot about it in the patch but they mentioned it in their Trello.

...right. I did not read through that Trello well enough. Though my anxiety for the future of content balancing is still there, I must thank you for giving me the shortstop of reassurance, at least for Critical Deceleration. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Cakeomaru said:

...right. I did not read through that Trello well enough. Though my anxiety for the future of content balancing is still there, I must thank you for giving me the shortstop of reassurance, at least for Critical Deceleration. Thank you!

I just chalked it up to DE just wanting to leave shotguns to rot. As if they didn’t ruin them enough with their status nerf.

I don't like the changes. A lot of my weapons got slightly weaker cause of it and most of them don't have impact. So to many weapons got effected for 2 new mods that are mediocre. Melee is still stronger and this has done nothing but feel like a nerf to a bunch of primary and secondary weapons. I think more testing was needed as it seems to have come out half way.

LoL... They didn't forget....

In case you didn't already know Every since the Tigris Prime DE have been extremely cautious regarding any changes made to Shotguns and their Mods....

Critical Deceleration was left out on purpose.... 

Especially since there's no Primed Blunderbuss to compare it too 😝 !!!

On 2021-03-22 at 5:20 PM, Cakeomaru said:

Has this been left unchanged for a purpose?

Yep.... 

On 2021-03-22 at 8:25 PM, syl42 said:

They forgot about it in the patch but they mentioned it in their Trello.

What on earth is a Trello ? 😱

Archived