Help building first rail jack.

Question

Apologies, but I am unable to find how I can start building my own rail jack. I thought I could just go into a relay dry dock or start a quest but these don't seem to work. A little help here?

14 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, NeanderNerd said:

Yup. Completed all quests. I go up to the little podium in the dry dock at the relay and it does not allow me to interact with it. No little "press X to interact" message.

There is a different podium to do the research for CY to start the quest, at least that how it was until the patch.

Its in a different spot than the 2 to config and research armament.

22 minutes ago, NeanderNerd said:

Yup. Completed all quests. I go up to the little podium in the dry dock at the relay and it does not allow me to interact with it. No little "press X to interact" message.

You have to build the Railjack Cephalon BP. I think you get it when you beat The Second Dream, if not you can buy it down at the dry dock.

32 minutes ago, NeanderNerd said:

There's three podiums, two right next to each other and the third a couple dozen yards clockwise around the edge of the walkway. You want the third one.

Was in an abandoned dojo without a dry dock. Currently clanless. I'll take another look at the various podiums at the relay dry dock. Work is getting in the way at the moment. Thanks.

Went to the dry dock on my lunch break. That third platform has no console/podium to interact with. Looking in my codex Rising Tide has a prerequisite to "Research Cephalon Cy at Dry Dock research console". I believe this is what I have not been able to find. Sadly, this may not be a case of my ignorance and must be a bug.

Activity at the dojo dropped drastically. The few of us that were left had a massive dojo with MIA leadership and members. Thus, no control to add and a monstrous cost to build a dry dock. I had other aspects of warframe to explore and didn't get around to finding a new clan. Not getting a new clan has caught up with me so I've joined a new clan and am currently building a dojo key.

Hi

I would report that I have been encountering the same issue, where I am in a Clan without a Dry Dock, and I cannot interact with any of the panels in the relay dry dock in order to get the Cephalon BP and start the quest to build my own railjack.

The Dry Dock is constructed to be symmetrical in a U shape. Look for the CENTRAL console at the bottom of that U shape. That's typically the one you have to interact with to begin.

Edited by ENIAK_Prime

"In order to access this quest, the player must have first completed The Second Dream quest. Players must also have access to a Dry Dock facility in a Clan Dojo, thus players can only access this quest if they are in a Clan.

Once the Dry Dock has been built, players can visit the Dry Dock to research the Railjack Cephalon blueprint from the Dry Dock's Research console, and once it is completed, purchase it for Credits. They must then build the blueprint in their Foundry.

After receiving the Railjack Cephalon and initiating the quest, the player will receive an inbox message from the Cephalon, who introduces himself as Cephalon Cy. He requests to be taken to the Dry Dock to be fully activated, after which he will explain the importance of the Railjack in combating the Sentients."

Sounds like you still need clan and dry dock in dojo to do the quest, the relay dry docks seem to be for people without clans that already have their railjack done or brought it from the market.

Thanks for the assist. Problem was only resolved by moving to a new clan that has a dry dock. For others that are having this issue and were under the impression (as I was) that you can access Rail Jack without a clan dry dock, that is incorrect. Thanks again peeps.

• Like 1