Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ability to buy a Railjack for 400p is one way to increase accessibility, but here's another.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

Make it less about resources and more about doing the missions to obtain the parts. Make there be more parts to get and less time-gated waits. This means earning the ship, getting the experience of building it, and then having a payoff after a day or two, depending on how much time you have. Buying the railjack for as little as 400 plat diminishes the awesomeness of owning a railjack to be honest. If it can be bought outright, then can I at least buy it from an NPC instead of the market with plat. Now I understand that DE is a company that wants to make money with plat sales, but it's honestly a turn off knowing that you don't have to do anything to acquire an actual battleship. 

Also I appreciate the giant ass statue, but I'd prefer something wearable in future. 

I'm mildly curious as to what comes in that 400 plat package?

Do you just get a baseline railjack?  if so, that's actually a detriment since the process of gathering to build it normally means that you get mats to build other items and avionics(mods, now) to make it useful.

I'm not sure if it really makes things more "Accessible to new players". I mean let's see what you need to be able to play all the Railjack Content.

• You need a frame that can handle the content (reactor, formas, the proper mods, etc.).
  • You need weapons to handle the content (catalysts , formas, the proper mods, etc.).
  • You need an ARCHWING that can Handle the content (reactor, formas, the proper exclusive archwing mods, etc).
  • You need an ARCHGUN that can Handle the content (catalysts, forms, the proper exclusive archgun mods, etc).
  • You need to BUILD a Railjack !
  • You need a RAILJACK that can handle the content (Proper Shield Array, Engine, Plating, Reactor, Turrets , Ordinances,  Crew, Intrinsics).
  • You need a PLEXUS that can handle the content (Formas, Aura Forma, Exclusive RJ Mods)
  • You need a NECRAMECH that can handle the content (Formas, Exclusive Necramech Mods, etc).
  • You need a NECRAMECH weapons that can handle the content (Catalysts , Formas, Exalted Weapons, Gravimags)
  • You need a SPOILER MODE to enter the Necramech (Woudn't hurt to outfit it with Focus Stuff)

Now imagine being a new player that wants to try out Railjack because it "looked cool in the trailer".

56 minutes ago, Klaeljanu said:

I'm mildly curious as to what comes in that 400 plat package?

Do you just get a baseline railjack?  if so, that's actually a detriment since the process of gathering to build it normally means that you get mats to build other items and avionics(mods, now) to make it useful.

Perhaps you're right. 

I was reading the Update Notes for this specific Change and it came across as extremely strange to me.

Hang on let me see if I can find it:

" If you’d rather just jump straight into the action, a fully built Railjack will also be available through the in-game Market for Platinum in the new Railjack category (must have an Archwing to purchase). The Rising Tide Quest will automatically be completed if a Railjack is purchased from the in-game Market - you can replay the Quest at any time in the Codex! Maybe you’ve noticed a pattern - when we released Necramechs, we didn’t sell them for Platinum at launch either. Their Market appearance came many months later with Orphix Venom. It’s almost paradoxical that as a Free to Play game we don’t put these new items in the Market. There really isn’t a good reason, either, and players really have made it clear they’d like the option to buy new items with Platinum -- whether bought or traded. And now the option is there."

I haven't had to to properly process this bit here but what bugs about this is passing off entirely skipping content as "Accessible" just doesn't sit right with me....

The option of Paying to Skip content isn't a large problem as other stuff in Warframe.... But it is a very Slippery Slope and this particular shift in Mindset behind this Change is only going to make that Slope even Slippery-er.

That being said the Railjack Build Requirements were lowered (Again) so that's good news.... 

Archived