Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I downloaded Warframe a long time ago on my HDD, but now that I play it, I want it on my SSD.

clintonmeade40

Question

I don't see a way to move the game in steam, and I wouldnt even bother but Fortuna going into Orb Vallis kills my game most of the time, and it's not my rig. i9 9900k, 3070 gpu, 32 RAM. All I can think of is it's just the drive. Because it's only when loading INTO orb vallis, if I manage to finally get in, loading out after a bounty or Profit Taker fight is no issue, it's just loading into those things that give me a problem, either crashing the game altogether, or loading for so long that when I finally do get in, it says "session not available."

So do I need to just uninstall the game and re-download it and choose the SSD this time, or is there a way to get it moved over without having to redownload it?

5 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, clintonmeade40 said:

I don't see a way to move the game in steam, and I wouldnt even bother but Fortuna going into Orb Vallis kills my game most of the time, and it's not my rig. i9 9900k, 3070 gpu, 32 RAM. All I can think of is it's just the drive. Because it's only when loading INTO orb vallis, if I manage to finally get in, loading out after a bounty or Profit Taker fight is no issue, it's just loading into those things that give me a problem, either crashing the game altogether, or loading for so long that when I finally do get in, it says "session not available."

So do I need to just uninstall the game and re-download it and choose the SSD this time, or is there a way to get it moved over without having to redownload it?

https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/

Don't press "verify integrity of game files"

26 minutes ago, nms. said:

Yeah, I've looked into this option before. Most of my games are on my ssd. For some reason the "move install folder" isnt there on warframe. For every other game I have, it is, no clue why.

16 minutes ago, clintonmeade40 said:

Yeah, I've looked into this option before. Most of my games are on my ssd. For some reason the "move install folder" isnt there on warframe. For every other game I have, it is, no clue why.

probably because the only thing steam really manage is the launcher, everything else is installed from it

Nah just copy the game folder from 1 disk to the other while steam is closed. Rename the folder on the original disk as backup in case, then in the library list right click on warframe, go to manage and you should have an option to fix the file location path manually. When you launch the game after that, it might download some file automictically.

If everything worked properly delete backup

Archived