Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Honesty time...

Flameend11

5 hours ago, Flameend11 said:

WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

For DE to acknowledge what they have read in the forums. Like a check mark next to the topic/post they opened.  Or a way to see if the Devs are logged into the forums for example, the devs listed in a section to the right of left with a scroll bar. And a green light would pop on when they are logged into the forums. If they do log those following them get notifications similar to twitch. 

DE can do more to interact with their community. 

5 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think what it comes down to is, Warframe is a game for everyone. 

DE has added so many game modes, and various things like pets and mining and lunaro, and tried to cater to solo and group and all kinds of difficulty desires, that we have a very diverse group of players with varying wants and needs. Of course most of the playerbase do not see eye to eye. 

And those that enjoy any new update are not talking much, they are playing and enjoying it. 

Those who dislike the new update will always be the most vocal about why it doesn't fit their vision.

tumblr_inline_otwszsyaxG1sg06lu_1280.png

6 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think what it comes down to is, Warframe is a game for everyone. 

DE has added so many game modes, and various things like pets and mining and lunaro, and tried to cater to solo and group and all kinds of difficulty desires, that we have a very diverse group of players with varying wants and needs. Of course most of the playerbase do not see eye to eye. 

And those that enjoy any new update are not talking much, they are playing and enjoying it. 

Those who dislike the new update will always be the most vocal about why it doesn't fit their vision.

Sunrise sunset. DE tries but they can only please so many people at a time... such is life. 

Sometimes you have to block out the noise a bit when an update comes out. DE wades through the actual player data, and all the actual constructive feedback, and gets a good picture of what is actually going on, and tries to go from there. They don't always make the perfect decision I'm sure, but no one is perfect and they have a difficult task. Don't worry too much about the noise. Give constructive feedback, and if you think it's fine and no feedback is needed, just play it and enjoy it and that data will have its own importance compared to people complaining. 

Spot on! Honestly, I can completely understand individual disappointments with a platform like Warframe. DE has created an amusement park of a game, with massive rides that may be too much of this or not enough of that for some. All good. Where I enjoy the forum is when ideas come with the critiques. It paints a really nice picture of how a poster envisions the gameplay pacing and can compare it to others and my own. That's still a common enough thing. What's rapidly changing is how the critique seems less of a critique and more of hive minded chants. This has to be discouraging for the devs to see actual data that doesn't match the rhetoric. That would mean we, as a community, are not reliable as guides anymore...something we were famous for. 

11 hours ago, Flameend11 said:

We don't know what we want.

One thing your overlooking is that's we were never given the railjack we were told we would receive. .

Players thought this update would be the rest of that 2019 " Game play demo " Anthem style. ... 

so don't worry about what we want. .  Ask the Devs to release stuff they said their going to release and how it's going to be.

.Fish team are still down on earth fishing lol..  

The community is really bi polar currently.

As you said it. There isn't a direction that the communication wants. There's usually two that oppose heavily each other. 

No wonder the devs listen less to us. It's really hard to come out with something that doesn't get S#&$ from the community.

When it comes to the forums. There's always that group of ppl who think the game is dead and even if De would do what they want, they would still complain and still say that the game is dying.

2 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

One thing your overlooking is that's we were never given the railjack we were told we would receive. .

Players thought this update would be the rest of that 2019 " Game play demo " Anthem style. ... 

so don't worry about what we want. .  Ask the Devs to release stuff they said their going to release and how it's going to be.

We literally have the Railjack "we wanted".

And squad link was a failure. Something that De shouldn't ever bring back.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

maybe we should stop listening to the Devs too    seeing haft the stuff they say their going to do   doesn't happen. .

Which is why they decided, against some players wishes, against revealing some information too soon. They can't trust the reaction of the entitled, frothing at the mouth Karen reactions so it's best to not provoke them. They're being held hostage by irrational angry players.

I started playing Warframe in 2013 and in my journey playing I've met many of the highly influential characters in the Warframe communities. In my opinion many of them did justice for the game by enforcing a positive atmosphere. By leading thousands of players and clans they were obligated to keep players playing and having fun. Anything DE provided them was more energy and power to them. Unfortunately, many of them are gone and have been gone for a while due to how DE shaped their game.

Currently, there has been a large division of cooperation between several great leaders in Warframe which together I know would shape the games community in a better light. This divide of cooperation is due to stupid political reasons. Clans and Alliances are what drive the games communities and we haven't seen a major clan update since 2015.

There's less influential leaders now as there where before and next to no opportunity for new players to make a name for themselves. Players who've played Warframe for perhaps 1-2 years (most of you are likely PoE babies so 3-4 years) have reached the point where there's nothing left to do and lack the exposure to a great community in Warframe where people essentially become your online family. Content creators have also been more actively trash talking Warframe and have become the primary source of news which greatly doesn't help either.

9 hours ago, Flameend11 said:

WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

I want some sort of true Endgame that engages clans and alliances to play. Something that is player driven and allows clans and alliances to thrive. They had Dark Sectors back in the day which had it's problems but it instantly brought together thousands of players and communities. Such a small part of the game with a focus on clans and alliances made a massive change to the game. Warframe will never be able to produce enough content fast enough, so they must create a system that allows us the player to do it for them. We the players are the endgame.

"Yes there are still Grineer RJ maps. Yes I will be playing those until DE decides to add more space ship fighting maps. Sadly DE seems to want to go on the opposite direction so I will probably end up playing the Grineer maps endlessly until I get tired of it."

That's all you had to say. 

The game wasn't made solely for you as 1 individual. 

You play what you like, and don't play what you don't like. There's no issues here.

You know my biggest issue with Railjack? That everyone seems to think their opinion is so important, they all deserve their very own thread. Or... wait.... could you not find a Railjack thrad in the forums? There are only 12 on page 1, maybe it was an oversight?

Lines like "I wish <feature> never existed and was removed" stings, because I like the additions to Warframe for the gameplay and lore, despite the flaws. Said line indicates to me that DE has been inadvertently implementing new games for the Warframe Universe, not game modes.

• The new game is treated as a part of the base game, forcing uninterested players to unwillingly invest time into it, especially if they want to get content could become meta in the base game in a quick timeframe. "I didn't sign up for this" is the feeling I get from some topics in the community.
    • Because the new game is considered part of the base game, it alienates end-game players who now find themselves playing a different game.
    • Additionally, the new game being part of the base game, means that the (vocal?) community will complain about the new game as if it were the base game, creating a skewed perception of the base game.
    • The nature of being a new game innately ensures that they'll be content islands.
  • Because the new games are considered as game modes, they have been coming in undercooked. This makes the players who want more of the new game's implementation of the genre unsatisfied with what it brings to the table.
    • Due to being considered part of the base game, DE ends up attempting to make a different game like the base game later in the new game's lifespan.
    • The live-service update time frame hurts the new game's development into something fully realized.
  • The team is correctly working on keeping Warframe from going stale, the new game ideas are certainly interesting, but they somehow drifted away from features that would improve the base game experience that factors a lot into player retention. It's feature creep at this point.

This all makes me really worried for Planes of Duviri, because while it looks interesting, it's clearly far from the base Warframe game, and is instead a new game that takes place in the Warframe Universe, utilizing existing content that we unlocked in the base game.

I really don't want Warframe to be a Nerdslayer episode :X

1 hour ago, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

I started playing Warframe in 2013 and in my journey playing I've met many of the highly influential characters in the Warframe communities. In my opinion many of them did justice for the game by enforcing a positive atmosphere. By leading thousands of players and clans they were obligated to keep players playing and having fun. Anything DE provided them was more energy and power to them. Unfortunately, many of them are gone and have been gone for a while due to how DE shaped their game.

Currently, there has been a large division of cooperation between several great leaders in Warframe which together I know would shape the games community in a better light. This divide of cooperation is due to stupid political reasons. Clans and Alliances are what drive the games communities and we haven't seen a major clan update since 2015.

There's less influential leaders now as there where before and next to no opportunity for new players to make a name for themselves. Players who've played Warframe for perhaps 1-2 years (most of you are likely PoE babies so 3-4 years) have reached the point where there's nothing left to do and lack the exposure to a great community in Warframe where people essentially become your online family. Content creators have also been more actively trash talking Warframe and have become the primary source of news which greatly doesn't help either.

I want some sort of true Endgame that engages clans and alliances to play. Something that is player driven and allows clans and alliances to thrive. They had Dark Sectors back in the day which had it's problems but it instantly brought together thousands of players and communities. Such a small part of the game with a focus on clans and alliances made a massive change to the game. Warframe will never be able to produce enough content fast enough, so they must create a system that allows us the player to do it for them. We the players are the endgame.

You just described the central problem. The leaders aren't acting like leaders anymore mostly because they've played for too long, not because the game took a bad turn. Just consider the difference of experiences from your 2013+ playtime, my late 2015 playtime and a newer player:

You and those early players had no spoilers. Your experiences together were an equally blind adventure. Think about how much you had to team up to get stuff, how hard it was to level pre-endo mods and how quickly you died from ultra accurate enemies and low value shields.

When I came into the game, there was info I was directed to but nothing in the way of spoilers. I learned about each mod through the wiki but always ignored when guides popped up. Why the hell would I want to ruin a gigantic space adventure with super cyborg ninjas? The sheer amount of constant discoveries was fantastic. The rewards never stopped and, honestly, still don't. And then came the big twist and my mind was blown! Not just from the twist but from the ultra tight lipped community regarding that twist. At that time, all of the youtuber vets were still on Zenistar builds.

Now, let's look at the current state of the community: extremely quick to spoil updates from day one now so newer players are robbed of that adventure we both enjoyed. Suddenly, the community is against promoting experimenting with setups, not even realizing they killed clan play on their own. DE didn't suddenly tell us to stop clan play. We allowed solo play to get easier because we asked DE to make it easier. Wish granted. And top everything off with some of the earlier players fighting for nostalgia that few others enjoyed while, at the same time, working so hard to spoil the chance at that experience. The community just isn't on the level and really need to understand they ruined the experiences for the next generations... 

12 hours ago, Flameend11 said:

I though i would never say this, but here I am...

I'm sick of warframe comunity...

Don't get me wrong many of you guys are awsome people, with big range of creativity and are simply awsome... But just...

*sigh*

There is big problem with our comunity, that i dismissed for to long, the cause of my opinion of DE loosing contact with us.

We don't know what we want.

The newest updeat is biggest example. I love how it turned out. I hadn't so much blast in the game with my pals since the original Railjack relese, and i think this updeat is great...

But then... I go to the discord.

On one discord server i hear that new railjack succ becose it feels more like taxi from normal mission to normal mission... Then on the other discord i hear that rhis updeat succ becose it is not connected enough with the rest of the game, and should be more integrated as transportation, even to go so far to delete whole upgreat mechanic.

Do you already see the problem?

Other example: Sanctuary onslaught, Some say they should integrate more variety in the tiles we play in, and expand it, some says DE Should delete this mode compleatly.

Nightwave: Anything from regain 1 season mechanics, being small chunks of the non interactive story, some says it should be like newest one...

I have one question to comunity:

WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

And don't say to me with empty words like endgame. Endgame propositions have been added and then droped by comunity, becose" It was not endgame, just another farm island"

When DE implements conective tishue, we get reaction like:" They are doing it as poor taxi excuse"

As Game dev and modder myself i want you all to think about this: What do you want from warframe to become? What you want added, that you honestly think is needed.

It is strange to me, for over two years I've been on warframe sub redits. I was acive person... But today i left... All of them.

Why? Becose we as comunity, Succ. everyone on their own is fine, but we have no purpose, no aim... We are just lost, with something good in our hands and don't know what to do with it...

I had this feelings and thoughs ever since new updeat droped, and just wanted to share them with you. I hope that I'm wrong, and we can say to DE what should they do, becose behind curtains we are as devided as we were once, all those five years ago, one...

Warframe is one of the most entitled community I've ever been in gaming. And I've been gaming for quite a while.

If somebody wants something, THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW. even if just one person want one stupid shortcut button to be put in the game, that person will make a huge thread calling how stupid DE for not giving us that button all along. And as with everything in life, there will be supporters and naysayers for that.

My advice to you would be: if you really like warframe, don't let these people ruin it. don't get too invested with the community or what they're saying, and just play the game. I go down here every once in a while to help others or get gameplay-related suggestions, but i have accepted that half of the people here are just special snowflakes who thought their opinions matters more than they think.

So more playing warframe, less community stuff.

I don't understand the people who always talk about us like "we the community", as if we were a massive entity with uniform thinking. We are not, we are individuals. Each one of us want different things, you can share your preferences with some, but you can't share everything with everyone, especialy in a game this popular.

Some people think this update was the best update ever, others think it was the worst. The truth is: nothing is perfectly bad or perfectly good. The truth has to be somewhere in the middle. The update was good in some ways, and bad in some other ways. Should we cancel DE for making a mistake? I don't think so, but praising them like gods is not the way either. They are humans, they make mistakes, and pointing out those mistakes doesn't make us bad persons, as long as we are respectful, of course. Also making mistakes is the best way to improve, and if someone else helps you find and fix those mistakes, you improve faster.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the update, some of us didn't, and that's ok. It's ok to be disappointed. It's not a sin, it's not illegal. Some people need to calm down and stop being extremists, both the white knights and the haters. Both need more reason and less savagery.

If you ask me what I want, I want a fun game for most of us, not a perfect game. If some people like ground missions in railjack, but others don't, well, make some missions with ground play, and other missions without ground play, let us choose. Every planet has like 10 nodes, why all of them have to have ground play? I can't find a valid  reason, that's just bad design. Another common issue: some people want to pilot their own ships, others don't care, again, let us choose. I think that's the key.

7 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

The issue with this statement is that, stuff like the fish team squad link would not have been that popular, in reality. I was active on the forums, and of all the many things that people were excited for, that part was heavily criticised, even before launch. And, if we're being honest, if we consider the trailer or even Scarlet Spear, it's not that hard to see why - in theory it's a badass mixing of two missions - in practice, the actual ground portion was just a mobile defence, and the space mission was 'wait until ground team does mobilie defence, or be nerfed before going in and presumably getting fewer rewards'. Whilst things like the real-time systems weren't, but also would have been very rife with trolling. So rife that Rebb does it by accident in the 2018 demo. If you listen to the music, it doesn't match up at all with the charging of the front guns. They explained this on devstream - the music had been pre-written for the demo, naturally, but they hadn't taken into account the system management, which made the forward artillery charge faster, causing it to fire much faster than the musical buildup. And in the 2019 demo, the replacement system involved the ability for any player, at any time, to push a button and switch off guns, shields, other core systems at any time.

I can guarantee you, had 2018 Railjack as shown off been released in a fully finished state, whilst still being functionally identical with the gameplay as shown off in that original trailer, the reaction would probably have been worse than the one we got for the full one.  2019 Railjack probably wouldn't have been that much wildly better.

17 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

No it isn't, it's a looter-shooter.

Lets see, you role play as a genocidal man child? check

You progess and get more powerful as you play on reaching absurd levels towards the "end game"? check

Your individual actions make no difference and there are thousands of people being told (along with you) that they are a messiah - the only one to save the world as they queue for the next busywork quest? check

Sounds like a typical MMORPG to me love.

Oh and for bonus points - last time I shot anything was in like 2019 so its a melee based mmorpg.

8 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

We literally have the Railjack "we wanted".

And squad link was a failure. Something that De shouldn't ever bring back.

No hun, you have the railjack you wanted.

I never wanted this abortion of a "fly to do a defence mission". I wanted the existing railjack expanded with new game modes.

Or was that a "royal we"?

Edit: then again on further thought, you're right. This IS the railjack most of the community wanted. Given that the vast vast majority of the players don't play and will not play railjack... what most people want from RJ is something that will be forgotten in a month and never touched again. 

The less dev time is wasted on this the better for everyone.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Which is why they decided, against some players wishes, against revealing some information too soon. They can't trust the reaction of the entitled, frothing at the mouth Karen reactions so it's best to not provoke them. They're being held hostage by irrational angry players.

In essence yes. It is frustrating to watch. 

5 minutes ago, Alucard291 said:

Lets see, you role play as a genocidal man child? check

You progess and get more powerful as you play on reaching absurd levels towards the "end game"? check

Your individual actions make no difference and there are thousands of people being told (along with you) that they are a messiah - the only one to save the world as they queue for the next busywork quest? check

Sounds like a typical MMORPG to me love.

Oh and for bonus points - last time I shot anything was in like 2019 so its a melee based mmorpg.

the dude your opinion GIF

200.gif

Archived