If Saryn is going to stay like this, let us Blacklist Frames for matchmaking

I know the Saryn discussions have been done to death and nerfing or changing her would end up on an uproar for half the community. 
But there are people in the game that actually likes to have fun while playing instead just mindlessly grinding, and one Saryn player completely sucks the fun out of the game when you are there doing nothing for 10 minutes. I'm at the point where I just leave the session if there is a Saryn player, that's why I suggest just adding Frames Blacklist to keep both sides of the community happy.

• Like 18

I am of the opposite opinion. If, for example, I'm leveling a frame in hydron. I much prefer people who are leveling weapons to nuke every wave so I can just be done with that mind numbing content. If Saryn was nullifying something super challenging for huge amounts of time, that'd be one thing, but she doesn't really impress me outside of a few specific missions.  

• Like 22

Then you may got rid of Saryn... What about a Mirage brammaring around? 😛 There will always be some frames and Weapons capable of nuking everything in sight. I think a blacklist excludes more then in includes in the end.

• Like 5

Sure, I'll throw Wisp and Volt on the list so I can never be in a group with them. 

If I can see the group before the mission starts, I always leave the moment Volt and Wisp pops into the group. People complain thinking I'm looking at relics, but I'm looking at frames.  The moment a Volt uses speed, I leave. The moment a Wisp puts a haste mote in a hallway that we can't avoid, I leave.

If only DE would give us a menu to opt out of "buffs" that affect allies per frame so we can opt out of certain ones.

Also before anyone does the typical "BuT yOu CaN bAcKfLiP" to get rid of speed. Doing that every 5 seconds from people spamming for no reason just kills the flow of the game. Such way to get rid of a mote doesn't exist except for jumping into the abyss.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Hello said:

Sure, I'll throw Wisp and Volt on the list so I can never be in a group with them. 

If I can see the group before the mission starts, I always leave the moment Volt and Wisp pops into the group. People complain thinking I'm looking at relics, but I'm looking at frames.  The moment a Volt uses speed, I leave. The moment a Wisp puts a haste mote in a hallway that we can't avoid, I leave.

If only DE would give us a menu to opt out of "buffs" that affect allies per frame so we can opt out of certain ones.

Also before anyone does the typical "BuT yOu CaN bAcKfLiP" to get rid of speed. Doing that every 5 seconds from people spamming for no reason just kills the flow of the game. Such way to get rid of a mote doesn't exist except for jumping into the abyss.

Don't forget xaku, banshee, nova, ember and octavia. These frames should be blacklisted too!

modern family gif lsat GIF

• Like 12

All for excluding frames from PUGs with a toggle, would make the game so much better for so many. My list would be Saryn, Mesa, Equinox, Vauban (just plain annoying, not OP that inflict yawn on teammates), Volt, Limbo, Khora. Banshee can stay, but the very first time the hands go down, I'm out. Also (my main) Nekros players when they cast their 4 on easy missions when unnecessary... it's pretty much always unnecessary, much better ways to play Nekros. I play Nightquinox myself quite a bit, so could even ending up excluding myself lol. Maybe toggle off only Daynox.

Toggle will never happen because those who tend to overplay the underlined frames are generally weaker players who won't improve once they start playing those, in need of a crutch, and DE wants their money too which is totally understandable.

Edited by Buttaface
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Hello said:

You have to explain this one to me, and I'm not being sarcastic because I pay attention to things like this.

I can understand tailoring your Limbo to not limit other players' lethality and not placing your rift in the middle of a doorway. I can understand being careful with Nezha so I don't end up warding someone using Inaros, Grendel, Nidus, or some other rage-frame. I can absolutely understand why you'd leave a bunch of missions if someone's using a 200%+ strength Nova. But how many circumstances pop up where speed is a bad thing? Other than a high strength Blitz Titania in an interior tileset I can't think of any parts of the game where I go "I wish I were slower right now", especially since both of those skills increase melee DPS as well.

• Like 5

I'm all in for it.

I see no reason to be against it.

If you don't wanna be matched with Saryn, then you wouldn't. If someone doesn't want to be matched with YOUR Saryn, then they also wouldn't.

Sure, there are other nukers, but most of those simply don't appear often enough in public matchmaking to be a nuisance, or just aren't as much of a nuisance.

There aren't anywhere near enough Saryn haters for this system to become an issue for anyone who plays Saryn. There will always be plenty of people looking for a nuker to carry them.

If anything, this would make things much better. From better experience in missions to no more complaints of "stop nuking, I wanna play too" and the like.

I'm a simple man, so I would just blacklist Equinox and Limbo. I don't like them slowing things down.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

You have to explain this one to me, and I'm not being sarcastic because I pay attention to things like this.

I can understand tailoring your Limbo to not limit other players' lethality and not placing your rift in the middle of a doorway. I can understand being careful with Nezha so I don't end up warding someone using Inaros, Grendel, Nidus, or some other rage-frame. I can absolutely understand why you'd leave a bunch of missions if someone's using a 200%+ strength Nova. But how many circumstances pop up where speed is a bad thing? Other than a high strength Blitz Titania in an interior tileset I can't think of any parts of the game where I go "I wish I were slower right now", especially since both of those skills increase melee DPS as well.

It's more along the lines of randoms being able to control movement. If people want to become a pinball by spamming a high strength Volt for themselves then all power to them. That shouldn't control others because they want to bounce off of everything on the way to extraction. 

Someone being Wukong with cloud walker, is just for them. Someone being Titania in razorwing is just for them.

At the same time I would never use Nova's wormhole in a public group. I don't even have wormhole on the the main loadouts I use.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Hello said:

It's more along the lines of randoms being able to control movement. If people want to become a pinball by spamming a high strength Volt for themselves then all power to them. That shouldn't control others because they want to bounce off of everything on the way to extraction. 

Someone being Wukong with cloud walker, is just for them. Someone being Titania in razorwing is just for them.

At the same time I would never use Nova's wormhole in a public group. I don't even have wormhole on the the main loadouts I use.

precisely. speed is my bain on eris or any close quarters tile. 

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

bypassing the issue doesnt make it go away. i like playing pubs on occasion.

Still points valid. You can control your game 100% of the time by playing solo or finding a bunch of likeminded tenno in this thread who have nothing better to do than complain about something you can completely control already by forming groups with one another. :) Easy solutions without having to step on anyone elses toes. But hey, you do you, complain about such trivial inane problems that can be solved within seconds.

• Like 16
1 minute ago, Cmdr-A said:

Still points valid. You can control your game 100% of the time by playing solo or finding a bunch of likeminded tenno in this thread who have nothing better to do than complain about something you can completely control already by forming groups with one another. :) Easy solutions without having to step on anyone elses toes. But hey, you do you, complain about such trivial inane problems that can be solved within seconds.

there is a difference between a bandaid and a solution. playing solo is the former not the latter.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

actually for saryn they need to reduce her range or put LoS rules on spore.

Right delete saryn, i can do the same for dailies with others warframes and i mean kill 95% of the enemies  and you will not see a single enemy. Honestly delete all warframes i will use staticor,, you can delete it too , i will use bramma, or the new cernos i dont care, the results are the same i will run faster than you, i will kill faster than you in a big aoe, and you will be opening crates and moving around like GTAV NoPixel RP because there are no enemies for you.

Like you see saryn is not the problem, the problem is you are playing a fast videogame with 50 enemies in your room and if you not kill fast you die/loose the mission/less loot or resources, this is why AOE is meta, you are not going to farm spores with your smg prime, you are going to farm spores with big aoe loot/damage abilities.

Want a super offside answer? You need 1000 ducats for baroo, you also need 10 formas bp, And there is exterminate meso, you are going to play with your inaros with braton, or you are going to play nova sunder, titania sunder or even just gauss trying to make at least 1.30min runs since you need a tons of runs

There you go welcome to warframe

Edited by Danielw8
  • Like 18
1 minute ago, Cmdr-A said:

Taking away the fact that a lot of modes are more difficult solo cause of spawn rates (survival) or multiple objectives (interception), finding a group doesn't "take seconds". Also, how is this something that's step on anyones toes? It just auto matches you with people you would like to play. 
If it gets so out of hand that some frames can't find matches it's show more the problems with that frame than problems with the Blacklist.

• Like 4

we all remember how limbo was stopping peoples bullets. if it wasnt an issue and could be solved by playing solo, DE would have left that feature in. guess what? they didnt. things that negatively impact gameplay for others should never be ignored.

Edit: if speed wasnt an issue or the rift wasnt an issue. they wouldnt have an opt out.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1