Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Saryn is going to stay like this, let us Blacklist Frames for matchmaking

DeltaForce245

21 hours ago, TnaneverRisen said:

Nope.  Having I-win buttons is disastrous.  You are just a simple-minded player who likes to mash a few buttons.

Over the years, DE has made numerous changes to warframe, and a lot of those changes echoed what many players have pointed out.  Are you just completely blind to that?  Maybe your next step is to call DE idiots for taking player feedback?  Please, continue posting for my entertainment.

Wrong. There are no I-Win buttons. You're just an ignorant player who wants to turn the game into Call of Duty.

Over the years, DE has made numerous changes to warframe, and a lot of those changes have echoed what many players have pointed out.  Are you just completely blind to that?

Maybe your next step is to call DE idiots for taking player feedback?  Please, continue posting for my entertainment.

Behold, I can say completely nonsensical, and  unsupported nonsense as well.  Don't try to troll me mate, I'll just beat you at it and prove you wrong in same breath.

Fact: Ember was reworked because World on Fire was not interactive.  It was turn it on, and forget about it.

This was the same with pre-work Saryn.

DE doesn't care that a warframe can wipe the map, as long as there is interaction on the player's part involved.   You can feel free to cling to your pathetic views while Saryn continues wiping out map as she has done for years now.  Get over yourself.

7 hours ago, Aegni said:

Wrong. There are no I-Win buttons.
DE doesn't care that a warframe can wipe the map ... Saryn continues wiping out map as she has done for years now.

LOL.  You literally described it as an I-Win button, you absolute sack of potatoes.  Usually it takes a person multiple posts to directly contradict himself, but you've managed to do it in a single one.  BRAVO!!!

15 hours ago, Aegni said:

DE doesn't care that a warframe can wipe the map, as long as there is interaction on the player's part involved.   You can feel free to cling to your pathetic views while Saryn continues wiping out map as she has done for years now.  Get over yourself.

So DE has moved "no interaction" from one frame and gave it to the rest of the team? Saryn nukes, everyone else merely exists to buff enemy spawns and be resource vacuums. Sounds like fun, if you equate fun with unintentionally leeching because someone's taken the 'horde' out of horde-shooter with one button.

19 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

So DE has moved "no interaction" from one frame and gave it to the rest of the team? Saryn nukes, everyone else merely exists to buff enemy spawns and be resource vacuums. Sounds like fun, if you equate fun with unintentionally leeching because someone's taken the 'horde' out of horde-shooter with one button.

I cannot take your viewpoint seriously when you so intentionally misrepresent what is told to you.

Saryn wipes maps, its what she does, and even then, she does not do so instantly and the function of her spores means interaction needs to be involved on her point and on her teammates part.  Simply because you dislike the result, does not change the means in which something is performed.

On 2021-05-14 at 7:29 PM, TnaneverRisen said:

LOL.  You literally described it as an I-Win button, you absolute sack of potatoes.  Usually it takes a person multiple posts to directly contradict himself, but you've managed to do it in a single one.  BRAVO!!!

Dang mate, if you're going to troll, don't make the subject of your response the level of intelligence you'll be displaying. 

Then again, I am not the one making a hypocritical argument that demands changes to everyone else's gameplay, in order for one to play the game as they please.  🤷‍♂️

On 2021-05-14 at 3:05 PM, ElecDeathblade said:

Well, at least they ignore the players that clearly don't have any idea of what they're talking about.

To be honest, if they listened to the whiners in this topic, not even Frost would have an offensive ability left.

12 hours ago, Aegni said:

To be honest, if they listened to the whiners in this topic, not even Frost would have an offensive ability left.

I swear, some of those players started complaining about Sevagoth and why he needed a rework... after an hour that he got released.

I just call their bullS#&$ and they start going defensive af.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, I guess if I want to play any frame with nuking capabilities, even if I’m not playing them that way, I’m SoL. 

My main build for Saryn is a status buffing build (Spores augment + Smite augment + Toxic Lash) and my main Equinox build is a support that gives allies 80% extra strength, but because Saryn and Equinox can nuke, I will have a harder time finding teams. 

There’s also the frames that people find annoying. You’d never see Limbo or Nova, Wisp and Volt would become more rare, and I know a lot of players that would blacklist Wukong. There’s nothing wrong with most of these frames (Limbo could be argued as an exception), but because people find certain effects annoying, the players playing those frames have a harder time getting teams, since even one of the three other players has the ability to lock them out of joining that team. 

I mean…

this feature already exists.

It’s called ‘Solo mode’. With this feature you can temp blacklist every other frame and player from your games. 

Unless what you really want is to play with other people. But only people who play the way you dictate.

that exists as ‘Friends Only’ invite mode. 

Unless what you really want is to play with random people and dictate to them how they play. 

That feature already exists as ‘Being a clown’ and it’s an unsupported feature. 

As a Shooting Gallery Saryn ESO main, I completely support this. Some players want this kind of build to carry them -- others will leave prematurely, which screws up my efficiency and usually costs me the mission, just as I was about to get my rewards. It's a better deal for everybody.

And by the same token, I hate getting matched with Bramma or Bubonico-spammers. It's not just unengaging -- I've got builds that actively starve if people blindly roomnuke all the kills out from under me.

The only issue I see is the logistics of match-making. If enough people find the Kuva Bramma as obnoxious as I do, just having one of us in each squad would lock people out of so many active instances.

On 2021-03-22 at 10:13 PM, DeltaForce245 said:

I know the Saryn discussions have been done to death and nerfing or changing her would end up on an uproar for half the community. 
But there are people in the game that actually likes to have fun while playing instead just mindlessly grinding, and one Saryn player completely sucks the fun out of the game when you are there doing nothing for 10 minutes. I'm at the point where I just leave the session if there is a Saryn player, that's why I suggest just adding Frames Blacklist to keep both sides of the community happy.

I hope this is some kind of 4dimension bait.

But damn wanting to blacklist frames from matchmaking. You sound like some kind of SJW. I mean you hate being carried in a public session by random people with better builds around you that nuke enemies? Just go play solo, nerd. You "hate" that the difficulty from a game that allows modding is removed by people who use a DPS frame with DPS build. Man just go play steel path or arbitrations.

"But there are people in the game that actually likes to have fun while playing instead just mindlessly grinding," this one is nice. I never understood people that don't have fun if they finish a mission as fast as possible. Or as they say  m I n D l e S s L Y  g R i N d I n G. 

What's next? Are you gonna ask for bullet sponge enemies cause that's your defnition of fun? 

Legit define fun in a looter shooter where efficiency and doing missions as fast as possible is the key if you want to progress and don't have time to smell the roses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-03-22 at 2:50 PM, Hello said:

Sure, I'll throw Wisp and Volt on the list so I can never be in a group with them. 

If I can see the group before the mission starts, I always leave the moment Volt and Wisp pops into the group. People complain thinking I'm looking at relics, but I'm looking at frames.  The moment a Volt uses speed, I leave. The moment a Wisp puts a haste mote in a hallway that we can't avoid, I leave.

If only DE would give us a menu to opt out of "buffs" that affect allies per frame so we can opt out of certain ones.

Also before anyone does the typical "BuT yOu CaN bAcKfLiP" to get rid of speed. Doing that every 5 seconds from people spamming for no reason just kills the flow of the game. Such way to get rid of a mote doesn't exist except for jumping into the abyss.

I would much rather have a setting that lets us specify caps for movement and attack speed.

I'd rather fix matchmaking and connectivity first before bothering to add (let's be honest here) comparatively miscellaneous stuff to it.

And to be honest, the only way I can realistically see a feature like this making it in is to completely rebuild the matchmaking system from the ground up, not just a major overhaul.

I agree with some facts that people bring up and disagree with others.

In my opinion, blacklisting should be okay, I personally can't stand Limbo and his alternate instance, confuses and annoys me. On top of that, I'd have to agree that back when I was a new player, I also hated frames that nuke or buff me up through the roof, because it felt like I'm useless and my powers aren't even mine to begin with, that someone else was playing the game for me... until I realized that this is a grindy game, in which efficiency is king. That means it's good to move fast and kill fast, have it out of the way so you can go onto the next thing, it's incredibly important for a grindy game to keep a fast paced gameplay in order to not make the players fall asleep at their keyboards/controllers, that's just how it is. Nevertheless, if it can be implemented in a fair way, I'm all for blacklisting 1, maybe 2 frames at max. 

Let's be real here, once the game gets to the point you just stand in one spot, nuke the entire map, do a circle to pick up loot, and return to nuking... isn't Farmville a better option? I'm looking at you, lazy Mirage and Saryn players.

Also, unavoidable buffs that affect the actual game mechanics for others are a bad thing in public matchmaking at times. I get Volt Lith Capture/Exterm/Rescue Void Relic speed running; but there does come a point that when in a group someone spamming GAS GAS GAS the entire time gets annoying as you proceed to ram your face into wall after wall so often you come away looking like a pug.

Limbo is an entirely different discussion when it comes to players that must use ALL ABILITIES AT ALL TIMES ON ALL THINGS, but I digress as that horse has been beaten to dust.

Solving the Volt type issues would be easily addressed with a toggle in the settings, Limbo however couldn't be addressed the same due to how that would utterly break his mechanics and guarantee everyone just runs with his effects off as it would probably boost his usefulness into a necessity at high end.

I digress though. I never personally minded Saryn/Mirage farm, thanks to XP sharing mainly, and I also am one to GAS GAS GAS all the time in Volt so... (it's literally a preset name for me).

There's bigger issues to fry, like quests bugging out, host migrations, resources appearing in literally impossible to reach locations, massive lag spikes, and some of the utterly ridiculous rep grinding/build timers.

You guys discriminating the Classes, not the platers. Its not the class fault is they play it as nuker. I think this is not the solution I disagree with all of the topic.

I like to play Saryn, I like to bring her full kit, not spamming the ulti constantly.

This isn't different then a racial discrimination guys better to revisit this issue from a different angle and find another solution. E.g.: Blacklistplayers not the frames

En 22/3/2021 a las 21:13, DeltaForce245 dijo:

I know the Saryn discussions have been done to death and nerfing or changing her would end up on an uproar for half the community. 
But there are people in the game that actually likes to have fun while playing instead just mindlessly grinding, and one Saryn player completely sucks the fun out of the game when you are there doing nothing for 10 minutes. I'm at the point where I just leave the session if there is a Saryn player, that's why I suggest just adding Frames Blacklist to keep both sides of the community happy.

Not related... but what frames do you use? Just to know for the hipotetical system...

Back on topic... if you feel so strongly about not matching with that particular frame... why not go solo or invite premade teams only?

Asking for a new system that will end up excluding low mr players mostly(coz let's face it will end up blocking the low mr frames in the end <-to avoid players that leave game coz of what frames are used) coz you feel sad for not seeing your name on the damage dealt aint the way to go ... sorry.

As the saying gous in many other games... get gud or play solo. 

Have a good day...

On 2021-06-04 at 9:08 PM, NeoBahamut19 said:

Let's be real here, once the game gets to the point you just stand in one spot, nuke the entire map, do a circle to pick up loot, and return to nuking... isn't Farmville a better option? I'm looking at you, lazy Mirage and Saryn players.

That's why I left, Warframe is basically just Farmville now.

It's gotten so easy and simple that people just play with one hand while watching Twitch on another screen. Want to choose something that's not overpowered BS and actually play the game? Tough luck 😕 .

On 05/14/21 at 11:15 AM, Aegni said:

Wrong. There are no I-Win buttons. You're just an ignorant player who wants to turn the game into Call of Duty.

Over the years, DE has made numerous changes to warframe, and a lot of those changes have echoed what many players have pointed out.  Are you just completely blind to that?

Maybe your next step is to call DE idiots for taking player feedback?  Please, continue posting for my entertainment.

Behold, I can say completely nonsensical, and  unsupported nonsense as well.  Don't try to troll me mate, I'll just beat you at it and prove you wrong in same breath.

Fact: Ember was reworked because World on Fire was not interactive.  It was turn it on, and forget about it.

This was the same with pre-work Saryn.

ill admit i loved world on fire A LOT but i liked it for the amazing graphics, pointless things aside saryn and all other "nukers" and yes limbo counts as nuke as well, may have a fair amount of haters but what the guy who started this thread is being blind to the consequence of what theyre saying if it happened. put simply it may seem small but if this got added it would kill warframe. specifically bc as ive read many times here pple lik pub games. if this was added he'd ruin it to MANY pple, thus killing warframes popularity and setting it up for a grave

On 06/04/21 at 11:08 PM, NeoBahamut19 said:

Also, unavoidable buffs that affect the actual game mechanics for others are a bad thing in public matchmaking at times. I get Volt Lith Capture/Exterm/Rescue Void Relic speed running; but there does come a point that when in a group someone spamming GAS GAS GAS the entire time gets annoying as you proceed to ram your face into wall after wall so often you come away looking like a pug.

Limbo is an entirely different discussion when it comes to players that must use ALL ABILITIES AT ALL TIMES ON ALL THINGS, but I digress as that horse has been beaten to dust.

Solving the Volt type issues would be easily addressed with a toggle in the settings, Limbo however couldn't be addressed the same due to how that would utterly break his mechanics and guarantee everyone just runs with his effects off as it would probably boost his usefulness into a necessity at high end.

I digress though. I never personally minded Saryn/Mirage farm, thanks to XP sharing mainly, and I also am one to GAS GAS GAS all the time in Volt so... (it's literally a preset name for me).

There's bigger issues to fry, like quests bugging out, host migrations, resources appearing in literally impossible to reach locations, massive lag spikes, and some of the utterly ridiculous rep grinding/build timers.

must admit your humor with the pug thing made me spit my water all over my screen and try not to choke while laughing

This is such a dumb idea i cant belive people sugest this. Specially since they dont seem to understand that by doing this they would give free reign to the elitist players to be complete idiots, not to mention they would make matchmaking even worse.

Player 1) blacklists 2 framers, system now has to look at the list of players and take away the ones on the blacklist,player 2is found) blacklists 3 frames, now the system has to add the new frames to the list but also compare to the first one to make sure both arent cross blacklisted, asuming they arent you go to player 3) then it has to check out its own blacklist to cross reference it to the previous two and se if any can start even makinq a squad...if we have gone this far whe need to check out player 4) do all the cross reference all over again. I doubt this will be fast or wont be buggy at all, making that players just stay on matchmaking forever or just gets people inside missions just to imediatly kick out someone because wrong system.

Next comes the problem of elitist, players will just black list from just dont wanting "nukers" wich will in itself take a good chunk of frames away from the list to simply hating them for watever reason, groups will surely end making that "happily" keep hating specific frames...it will be twiter inhouse with groups arguing over ridiculous things.

Seriously....you dont lie a frame? tought luck...organise a group yourself and "demand" they dont play with your most hated frames and se how it goes, if anything when you finally do that you will at least have a group to play with and hate happily togheter

is it funny that i already have a backup saryn build that i would use even if the would nerf the spores and the miasma that i would then use so the whole thing would be again at the same point

maybe it is because the enemys will still be weak and killed fast anyways this whole thing of disscusion has no end everytime something will be there that comes to the same point so a change one saryn would not do anything to the problem that players will seek the best way to do missions for there goals and with all the frames there are a lot of ways to do so

and i use saryn because i know my goals and the best way to reach them is by doing it myself noone in open groups will do them for me they cant know them and when they are reached only i do well there was a time where some goals where more clear like going everytime to rota c at least but well these times are long over and most people i encounter will quit the session in the first a rota

but the thing reads like that i should respect your goals and do everything so you can reach them but what about my goals then i just should abbandon them because they should not be getting the same respect?

So what are the goals is it exp ? no that cant be it. cause nobody can steal your exp only share it.
Is it playing the game in a slower pase? well what can i say i see you refuse the ways you could slow down the pase so it cant be that too.
and what about the fun you force yourself to join open groups to have fun where you cant guarantee it but fun is a subjecktive term everyone has there own view of it so it is hard to match them.
it sounds more to me like your notice how boring, repetitive the game can be and dont want the accept the way people deal with that kind of thing in open groups

ok blacklist saryn, mesa, equinox, volt, ember for large aoe nukes

ok blacklist revenant because of danse macabre 

ok blacklist excal because he took all the kills with chromatic blade

ok blacklist mirage for explosive legerdemain

ok blacklist nekros for clutter thanks to shadows of the dead

ok blacklist titania for razorwing and killing everything with dex pixia

ok blacklist hydroid, inaros, garuda, gauss, banshee, nyx for being useless

ok blacklist khora why she hang enemy now i cannot shoot

ok blacklist grendel he troll by eating everything, i cannot shoot enemy

ok blacklist ash no skill just press 4 and win

ok bl

So the limit is if you can destroy the map for 20 minutes in the highest starmap level you are broken? Ok then we need a nerf on 95% of the frames and the remaining 5% needs a remake. Realistically if you have basic mods maxed out not even rare ones you can solo it, now mutily it with 4 people and it becomes easy.  

Archived