If Saryn is going to stay like this, let us Blacklist Frames for matchmaking

7 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this is absolute non sense. how does my removing myself from the situation from the start affect how other people play. 

some people are just unreal.

i mean, if you're the only one using the blacklist then you're only removing yourself from the situation and not affecting anyone else, but if enough people blacklist the same frame then that removes people playing that frame from the situation, thereby affecting them. that's why people's suggestions have the common thread of taking individual action rather than introducing a system that in theory could affect the entire matchmaking pool, even though their suggestions are kind of... not great. 

• Like 7
18 minutes ago, continue said:

i mean, if you're the only one using the blacklist then you're only removing yourself from the situation and not affecting anyone else, but if enough people blacklist the same frame then that removes people playing that frame from the situation, thereby affecting them. that's why people's suggestions have the common thread of taking individual action rather than introducing a system that in theory could affect the entire matchmaking pool, even though their suggestions are kind of... not great. 

this is on the assumption that everyone feels the same way about said frames wouldnt that speak to the larger issue about said frames and not the system in which people are using to opt out?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this is on the assumption that everyone feels the same way about said frames wouldnt that speak to the larger issue about said frames and not the system in which people are using to opt out?

yes and no. sometimes populations of people have unreasonable sentiments towards things based on limited interactions. but that is a different conversation than "how does a blacklist affect other people"

• Like 3
hace 23 horas, Pizzarugi dijo:

The speed can be way too high for some people's minds to process, I expect. Some people build their Volt and Wisp with maximized strength, meaning you can make your teammates move far quicker than some can think, resulting in them colliding with obstacles or backpedaling off cliffs by accident very frequently.

So basically, people here have 3 functional braincells. Nice. Cmon, i love it to have extra speed. And when someone else gives me speed is even better and i love it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LockingSoul said:

So basically, people here have 3 functional braincells. Nice. Cmon, i love it to have extra speed. And when someone else gives me speed is even better and i love it.

hey, don't be like that. volt is my most played warframe and even i have eyesight issues with some of the stuff in this game. sometimes things just aren't for everyone

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

This.

Besides, I've noticed that most people either don't care or even welcome having an OP frame in the team to speed up the grind. The only frames that are going to be excluded are frames that are often abused to take gameplay away from other players such as Limbo, but even that would still not be significant since the rework.

• Like 2
hace 1 hora, continue dijo:

hey, don't be like that. volt is my most played warframe and even i have eyesight issues with some of the stuff in this game. sometimes things just aren't for everyone

What does that have to do with anything? I also have vision problems but that doesnt come into play here.

How is it possible that your entire cordination goes to hell because you are moving slightly faster.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, LockingSoul said:

How is it possible that your entire cordination goes to hell because you are moving slightly faster.

200% Strength Speed is a 2x movement multiplier. Not exactly slight, especially if you're already using a faster frame.

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, LockingSoul said:

What does that have to do with anything? I also have vision problems but that doesnt come into play here.

Imagine you're moving so fast that you should be in Nascar.

Now, put yourself in claustrophobic environments that consist of the vast majority of the game. :P

• Like 6
1 hour ago, LockingSoul said:

right, because i never said that my vision problems affected me when using speed, or that my entire coordination goes to hell. the implication was that i would understand if other people found it clunky and unenjoyable because i have my own issues and thus can empathize with them.

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

This.

Besides, I've noticed that most people either don't care or even welcome having an OP frame in the team to speed up the grind. The only frames that are going to be excluded are frames that are often abused to take gameplay away from other players such as Limbo, but even that would still not be significant since the rework.

i dunno, i never got the impression that anybody ever got off the anti-limbo bandwagon. i hardly even saw a limbo before the rework happened, but people just have this notion that he's always being used to grief other players

Edited by continue
  • Like 1
hace 7 horas, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom dijo:

200% Strength Speed is a 2x movement multiplier. Not exactly slight, especially if you're already using a faster frame.

Still slightly. 

Edited by LockingSoul
hace 6 horas, Pizzarugi dijo:

Imagine you're moving so fast that you should be in Nascar.

Now, put yourself in claustrophobic environments that consist of the vast majority of the game. :P

Oh, how horrible.

hace 6 horas, continue dijo:

right, because i never said that my vision problems affected me when using speed, or that my entire coordination goes to hell. the implication was that i would understand if other people found it clunky and unenjoyable because i have my own issues and thus can empathize with them.

i dunno, i never got the impression that anybody ever got off the anti-limbo bandwagon. i hardly even saw a limbo before the rework happened, but people just have this notion that he's always being used to grief other players

Still dont understand how can it be so game breaking that you want to not be able to play with that frame just because it makes moving faster.

Edited by LockingSoul
  • Like 1
On 2021-04-03 at 8:22 PM, continue said:

Oh yeah... I forgot Speed does that.... It doesn't do it for you lower a specific Graphics Setting... I forgot which one....

Conversely that same setting also Causes Fortuna to be completely bathed in this Blinding White Light that only gets brighter and brighter 😥 !!!

Sooooo.... Either way you're going to get Blinded 

On 2021-04-03 at 10:21 AM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

As I explained my dread of Volt to an understanding Volt player a few days ago (in more polite wording), I disliked Speed because the caster can ambush others, throwing off movement, and it must be timed out or manually removed. This is made worse by Volters who feel their gift must be given because they think that nobody doesn't want it and will stick near to constantly reapply (even to the extent of chasing others down) and sometimes ignoring the fact that you're flipping out of it LITERALLY right in front of them. If you got this in the middle of a jump and had range+speed added that threw you into a wall, you understand this pain.

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk
  • Like 4
11 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

sometimes ignoring the fact that you're flipping out of it LITERALLY right in front of them

When I run into these people I deliberately slow-walk to extraction with no parkour shortcuts, to drive the point home. That's as much my prerogative to take my time as it is theirs to force non-consensual ice physics on me.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

When I run into these people I deliberately slow-walk to extraction with no parkour shortcuts, to drive the point home. That's as much my prerogative to take my time as it is theirs to force non-consensual ice physics on me.

And that's fine. You do you. And let them do them. 

• Like 2
On 2021-03-23 at 11:00 AM, (XBOX)Erkwounder said:

If Saryn use molt in hydron Saryn wasting alot xp in there, because affinity radius is 50m or 75m.

No, the radius is the area of share between warframe, not the area of killing. So even if Saryn kill a mob @200m+ she gain XP from this kill. And as long as you are in the affinity radius, you get XP from her kills.

• Like 1

Sure, then we can blacklist Volt for his nuking ability,

Then Octavia for her roller ball of irritation.

Then Ember for Meteor spam

Then Xaku for making Radiation hazard maps hilarious instagib fights.

Then Mesa for Peacemaker spam

Then Nezha for Divine Spears and Chakram spam

Then Mirage for her various nukes.

Then Titania for her flight form weapons being flying-mesa.

Then Garuda for spamming her 4 then hitting mobs with an AOE weapon.

Then Banshee for Soundquake.

Then every other frame, since they can either be slotted with a nuke, str boosting ability, or can carry a nuke primary like the Bramma/Lenz/Bubonico/Acceltra/Trumna/Stahlta or a Glaive Melee.

Note: Order and list of frames blacklisted is in the order that I recalled that I have a nuke build for them, it is meant to mimic a comprehensive list, not be one.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Klaeljanu said:

~snip~

why be silly like this? you do understand that if a blacklist was put in place it would be limited, and that it is an opt out method which would only effect the user applying the blacklist. 

people seem to think that the blacklist is telling people how to play when really its removing themselves from the situations they dont like before hand. 

while i dont like what DE did to ember i never once thought someone playing her and spamming meteors was an issue. 

what i find funny is that DE specifically nerfed WoF because it was killing enemies before people could even see them, and they nerfed sound quake for the same reason. 

i dont have a problem with nuke frames. what i do have a problem with is any frame turning the game into a walking simulator. XP leech farm, and frames that are intrusive to gameplay.

remember peacemaker got nerfed because it was automating gameplay and also prevent other from doing any but standing around. Dex Pixia is the equivalent of using dual pistols so by your ridiculous comparison anyone using dual pistols should be blacklisted.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
On 2021-04-02 at 10:35 PM, Pizzarugi said:

What's JIP?

It's short for 'Join in progress'.

Sry for the late reply, i don't check the forum every day these days.

57 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

why be silly like this? you do understand that if a blacklist was put in place it would be limited, and that it is an opt out method which would only effect the user applying the blacklist. 

people seem to think that the blacklist is telling people how to play when really its removing themselves from the situations they dont like before hand. 

Serious question tho..

You have a tool for removing yourself from the situation you don't like already. Leave group.

If it's really what you're describing, rather than an attempt to curate the overall supply of players & what frames they're incentivised to play, why is the current tool insufficient?

Does it just come down to wanting to avoid going through a load screen prior to using your leave group ability?

• Like 4
On 2021-03-22 at 1:13 PM, DeltaForce245 said:

I know the Saryn discussions have been done to death and nerfing or changing her would end up on an uproar for half the community. 
But there are people in the game that actually likes to have fun while playing instead just mindlessly grinding, and one Saryn player completely sucks the fun out of the game when you are there doing nothing for 10 minutes. I'm at the point where I just leave the session if there is a Saryn player, that's why I suggest just adding Frames Blacklist to keep both sides of the community happy.

If you try to cancel everything and everything triggers you, soon there will be no Warframes to delete and no weapons to choose from. Many warframes are designed with purposes and mission types in mind. No one Warframe fits all. Saryn is a great frame for many missions and she can carry the entire team in only SOME missions. It’s a GREAT design. 

Edited by George_PPS
  • Like 3
On 2021-03-22 at 5:56 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

there is a difference between eido groups where people want specific frames for killing eidolons (an issue DE created), and people not wanting their playstyle abruptly changed because very specific frame powers impact movement or interaction between objects/enemies.

even with limbos reworks, he still negatively impacts gameplay for people. volts speed still negatively impacts gameplay for people. ive have seen threads for limbo with people straight up posting that if you dont use low range you are playing him wrong, or that they play him low range to not disrupt the group. if these 2 frame did not negatively impact the playstyle of others, there would be no opt out for speed or the rift.

no frame should do the job of 4 people while inside a group of 4 people. it removes the whole playing part for the others in the group. i will always stand by this. 

Both Limbo and Volt as teammates positively improve my gaming experience in this game, same for Saryn, even if she is the one doing most of the work. 

The variety and differences between frames and how they work give us options. 

Edited by George_PPS
  • Like 1