General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Performance drop on the Neptune proxima.

Kaggelos

bump. this happens to me too. both in the normal mission areas and the ice caverns. ice caverns hit my performance much worse. both pluto and venus proxima are fine fps wise

edit: some reason my wf account is linked to my xbox one lol, but i can assure this is on my pc

Edited by (XBOX)xGrintt
  • Like 1

It is the only area in the game for me that runs poorly, otherwise it looks fantastic.
When doing a mission on the Neptune proxima, i get performance drops to below 20 frames per second, compare that to the Orb-vallis where fps doesn't drop below 40.

• Like 3

We're currently in the process of trying to narrow down the culprit, but some additional information would be greatly appreciated. Is there a specific mission in Neptune Proxima that you're finding runs worse? Or a specific level within the mission?

• Like 1

It's every Neptune Proxima mission. I can temporarily improve performance by looking straight down at the floor indoors, or sometimes by looking in certain directions when standing in certain spots, but otherwise it's consistent throughout the mission.

• Like 1

On 2021-03-22 at 1:54 AM, (XBOX)xGrintt said:

bump. this happens to me too. both in the normal mission areas and the ice caverns. ice caverns hit my performance much worse. both pluto and venus proxima are fine fps wise

edit: some reason my wf account is linked to my xbox one lol, but i can assure this is on my pc

Same here, both in and out of Rj space. Cant go play the map cause of the performance drop :-(

Posted (edited)

The problem still persists even after the latest update (29.10.9) , just a heads up

thank you

edit: Im running classic graphics engine, win7, Geforce gtx 1050 Ti, 2k res, inter core i7, ssd

Edited by Kaggelos

On 2021-03-26 at 4:36 AM, [DE]Linkski said:

We're currently in the process of trying to narrow down the culprit, but some additional information would be greatly appreciated. Is there a specific mission in Neptune Proxima that you're finding runs worse? Or a specific level within the mission?

Had my headphones off and noticed i could hear the gpu fans when i was on Neptune (so just did a little test). Not too sure if the issue is relevant to what others here are seeing, but the 'Volumetric Lighting' setting seems to hit the GPU abnormally hard in the Neptune and Pluto tiles.

Off vs. On

warfra1jhki0.jpg

warfra2ybjv4.jpg

Earth tile with 'Volumetric lighting' on for comparison:

warfra3hpjhq.jpg

Don't know if @Kaggelos can confirm as being similar? 

5 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

Had my headphones off and noticed i could hear the gpu fans when i was on Neptune (so just did a little test). Not too sure if the issue is relevant to what others here are seeing, but the 'Volumetric Lighting' setting seems to hit the GPU abnormally hard in the Neptune and Pluto tiles.

Off vs. On

warfra1jhki0.jpg

warfra2ybjv4.jpg

warfra3hpjhq.jpg

I'm running with classic graphics engine, not the beta, but i'll have to check to be sure

21 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

Off vs. On

warfra1jhki0.jpg

warfra2ybjv4.jpg

warfra3hpjhq.jpg

Volumetric Lighting really does make a difference... who would have thunk.

We believe we've been able to track down the culprit in Neptune, and we're in the process of working on some potential solutions. It does appear to be tied to volumetric lighting, so until we've got a fix, you might want to try disabling that setting to improve performance.

For Pluto: We're having a bit of trouble finding the culprit here. Could anyone who runs into this issue in Pluto Proxima please send me a DM with a copy of your EE.log file? You can find your EE.log by going to %localappdata%/Warframe.

Thanks!

Edited by [DE]Linkski
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-04-16 at 10:23 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

We believe we've been able to track down the culprit in Neptune, and we're in the process of working on some potential solutions. It does appear to be tied to volumetric lighting, so until we've got a fix, you might want to try disabling that setting to improve performance.

For Pluto: We're having a bit of trouble finding the culprit here. Could anyone who runs into this issue in Pluto Proxima please send me a DM with a copy of your EE.log file? You can find your EE.log by going to %localappdata%/Warframe.

Thanks!

Apologies, didnt get a notification. I will notify you whenever i can

Cheers