Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guide to Scanning The Forbidden Ones (Deimos Jugulus Eximus, Deimos Leaping Thrasher Eximus, Deimos Saxum Eximus, and Mitosid Eximus)

Voltage

Question

Deimos Leaping Thrasher Eximus, Deimos Saxum Eximus, and Mitosid Eximus

The Cambion Drift spawns groups of enemies consisting of one guaranteed Eximus unit. I farmed the above 3 "heavy" Eximus units in Steel Path, but this may not be necessary. Certain spots however have specific heavy unit spawns that I noticed. You can refresh these spawns by flying far away and coming back to it. The reason the Deimos Jugulus Eximus will likely never spawn this way is because there can only be a single enemy in this group spawned as an Eximus, and these are determined before Jugulus spawn as Jugulus spawn when the player is relatively close to the group location and other units spawn when the player is much further away.

Here is the edited map that worked for me:

Spoiler

Map.PNG

Notes: 

• Mitosid Eximus also spawn when starting an Isolation Vault bounty that enters the first cave (closest to the door to the Necralisk).
  • After reading comments and based on my own experience, Cambion Drift cycle should not influence the enemy that spawns here.
  • It seems heavy unit Eximus share these spawns without any specific placement. This may be due to the distance from the gate or some other factor. They are still reliable locations for these enemies.

Deimos Jugulus Eximus:

As you can see by the title, I have figured out how this enemy can spawn reliably. The most unholy enemy is now within our grasp as codex hunters. I must first give credit to @---EG---Kramerfor posting his screenshot in another thread (Source):

Spoiler

177473D1037B1E613A5D4B7A6FDD62986286A503

As you can see by the post, 2 things stuck out to me.

• Enemy level was 34.
  • This spawn was during stage 1 of an above-ground bounty.
    • I saw many posts on the Forums and Reddit showing their spawn in a T3 Arcana Vaults during a Mist Fissure bounty. The screenshot provided by Kramer was the only screenshot I have seen that was not in an Arcana Vault.
    • Note: Since this is stage 1, you can invite others if they need scans as well.

Given this information, I tried to replicate this instance.

Step 1) Start Bounty 4. Yes, not 5, not Arcana, just Bounty 4. I started it inside the Necralisk, however, I cannot confirm whether this matters.

Step 2) Enter the Cambion Drift and keep restarting until your first stage is the Purifier bounty. This is important as this bounty stage has no time limit. 

Step 3) Kill heavy enemies as they spawn. Deimos Jugulus will  spawn (and respawn) around the Purifier. You can kill these as they aren't that sexy Eximus you are hunting down.

Step 4) Grofit. 7 minutes in, I got one to spawn. I completed this entry  relatively easily.

Completed Entry:

Warframe0166.jpg

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 33

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

@(PSN)Onder6099 proved that cycle does matter. Saxum Eximus changes to Juggernaut Eximus during Vome cycle.

Not that I've done extensive testing, but for what it's worth, when I was hunting scans, I found both Saxum Eximus and Juggernaut Eximus during Fass (but only at the spots you marked as Mitosid Eximus and Leaping Thrasher Eximus on your map, funnily enough)

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Step 2) Enter the Cambion Drift and keep restarting until your first stage is the Purifier bounty. This is important as this bounty stage has no time limit. 

It was quite important!! First Deimos Jugulus Eximus for me spawned around the 9 minute mark, but I didn't get all 5 required scans until 35 minutes in (A Saxum Eximus also spawned for me around 20-ish minutes in)

Anywho, thank you so much for this!! If the entries for Deimos Leaper, Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa, and Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa Eximus could just be fixed (or removed), the Infested section would be complete.

Another step closer to finishing the codex! (I personally just need to finish out the Corpus section now. Hopefully the missing non-Taro engineers and Orm fighters will be fixed soon. And someday I'll find the willpower to go after Jackal Eximus. And Juno Geminex Moa Eximus, Juno Sniper Crewman Eximus, the various Vapos Elite Ranger Eximus enemies, and Vapos Condor Elite Dropship; yuck.)

13 minutes ago, Memorii said:

Not that I've done extensive testing, but for what it's worth, when I was hunting scans, I found both Saxum Eximus and Juggernaut Eximus during Fass (but only at the spots you marked as Mitosid Eximus and Leaping Thrasher Eximus on your map, funnily enough)

It was quite important!! First Deimos Jugulus Eximus for me spawned around the 9 minute mark, but I didn't get all 5 required scans until 35 minutes in (A Saxum Eximus also spawned for me around 20-ish minutes in)

Anywho, thank you so much for this!! If the entries for Deimos Leaper, Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa, and Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa Eximus could just be fixed (or removed), the Infested section would be complete.

Another step closer to finishing the codex! (I personally just need to finish out the Corpus section now. Hopefully the missing non-Taro engineers and Orm fighters will be fixed soon. And someday I'll find the willpower to go after Jackal Eximus. And Juno Geminex Moa Eximus, Juno Sniper Crewman Eximus, the various Vapos Elite Ranger Eximus enemies, and Vapos Condor Elite Dropship; yuck.)

I am glad this helped! I edited the OP to reflect your findings. We aren't experts in these spawns, but narrowing down patterns does make a difference.

The other enemies you are missing aren't too bad. Hopefully you get them at some point. :) 

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Memorii said:

Deimos Leaper, Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa, and Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa Eximus

The Deimos Leaper used to spawn during the second phase of the Isolation Vault Bounty inside the Infested tunnels. Since Deimos Arcana (November 2020), however, they stopped spawning entirely.

Unfortunately, the Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moas or even the removed Deimos Crawlers never spawned at all since the Heart of Deimos (August 2020). Pretty mocking that a Deimos Crawler corpse can spawn as a prop near a Vulpaphyla/Predasite should the latter spawn ambiently.

24 minutes ago, Memorii said:

Hopefully the missing non-Taro engineers and Orm fighters will be fixed soon. 

I also hope they fix the Empyrean Corpus Fighter names. The Corpus Weaver and its Elite counterpart have the same names. None of the Orm Elite Fighters are named properly; they reuse the "Taro" keyword.

19 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I am glad this helped! I edited the OP to reflect your findings. We aren't experts in these spawns, but narrowing down patterns does make a difference.

The other enemies you are missing aren't too bad. Hopefully you get them at some point. :) 

Cool! Glad the info was useful. :) By the way, forgot to mention earlier that I got my heavy Deimos Eximus unit scans in normal Origin System mode, so no Steel Path required! (But whether the star chart mode causes certain units to spawn more often than others, I have no idea)

Yeah hopefully! I'm just burnt out with Corpus lately as I've been spending a few hours each week to try and finish my Amalgam Machinist Eximus entry. It's apparently at 2/3 scans (not even sure when I got those scans because Helios of course, haha; must've been quite some time ago). But right now, after several missions of Jupiter Interception (Callisto) and Defense (Io), I've found all the other Amalgam Eximus, but not another Amalgam Machinist Eximus.

Great job @Voltage. As one of those frustrated codex hunters I'm glad that you've brought closure to this case.

EDIT: Now that I dig into some of my old posts, if I may ask just one thing. Some time ago I finished the Jugulus Eximus scan and made some  recommendations based on what I found. Back then I just chalked it up to RNG and didn't go to the length of making sure the spawn is reproducible, but in 3 different sessions I've always finally found the spawn in the Undulatum area (same one marked for Mitosid Eximus in your map). Other screenshots that reported the eximus spawn during above ground bounty, including the one you included in your post, also found it in that area. From your experience, did you find the spawn there as well or was it a complete coincidence?

Edited by C-60
edit

Does being in a squad factor in to this? Though we didn't get any eximus, when I had a squad of three Jugulus were everywhere, but solo, I got maybe one every few minutes. Still haven't found an Eximus, but I must be doing something all wrong.

You must've also had some insane luck. Even when I got a consistent spawn pattern going, I never saw one eximus after 40+ minutes.

Edited by DrinkingRock

6 hours ago, C-60 said:

Great job @Voltage. As one of those frustrated codex hunters I'm glad that you've brought closure to this case.

EDIT: Now that I dig into some of my old posts, if I may ask just one thing. Some time ago I finished the Jugulus Eximus scan and made some  recommendations based on what I found. Back then I just chalked it up to RNG and didn't go to the length of making sure the spawn is reproducible, but in 3 different sessions I've always finally found the spawn in the Undulatum area (same one marked for Mitosid Eximus in your map). Other screenshots that reported the eximus spawn during above ground bounty, including the one you included in your post, also found it in that area. From your experience, did you find the spawn there as well or was it a complete coincidence?

My spawn was near the Leaping Thrasher Eximus area on the map I posted. Interesting find though.

I know some people aren't getting the best of luck here, and I really wish I could help. A few other people have mentioned to me that this did work pretty well, so I just think it's a rare enemy within this setup. I would just keep trying! :)

Il y a 20 heures, Voltage a dit :

Deimos Leaping Thrasher Eximus, Deimos Saxum Eximus, and Deimos Mitosid Eximus

The Cambion Drift spawns groups of enemies consisting of one guaranteed Eximus unit. I farmed the above 3 "heavy" Eximus units in Steel Path, but this may not be necessary. Certain spots however have specific heavy unit spawns that I noticed. You can refresh these spawns by flying far away and coming back to it. The reason the Deimos Jugulus Eximus will likely never spawn this way is because there can only be a single enemy in this group spawned as an Eximus, and these are determined before Jugulus spawn as Jugulus spawn when the player is relatively close to the group location and other units spawn when the player is much further away.

Here is the edited map that worked for me:

Révéler le contenu masqué

Map.PNG

Notes: 

• Mitosid Eximus also spawn when starting an Isolation Vault bounty that enters the first cave (closest to the door to the Necralisk).
  • After reading comments and based on my own experience, Cambion Drift cycle should not influence the enemy that spawns here.
  • It seems heavy unit Eximus share these spawns without any specific placement. This may be due to the distance from the gate or some other factor. They are still reliable locations for these enemies.

Deimos Jugulus Eximus:

As you can see by the title, I have figured out how this enemy can spawn reliably. The most unholy enemy is now within our grasp as codex hunters. I must first give credit to @---EG---Kramerfor posting his screenshot in another thread (Source):

Révéler le contenu masqué

177473D1037B1E613A5D4B7A6FDD62986286A503

As you can see by the post, 2 things stuck out to me.

• Enemy level was 34.
  • This spawn was during stage 1 of an above-ground bounty.
    • I saw many posts on the Forums and Reddit showing their spawn in a T3 Arcana Vaults during a Mist Fissure bounty. The screenshot provided by Kramer was the only screenshot I have seen that was not in an Arcana Vault.
    • Note: Since this is stage 1, you can invite others if they need scans as well.

Given this information, I tried to replicate this instance.

Step 1) Start Bounty 4. Yes, not 5, not Arcana, just Bounty 4. I started it inside the Necralisk, however, I cannot confirm whether this matters.

Step 3) Kill heavy enemies as they spawn. Deimos Jugulus will  spawn (and respawn) around the Purifier. You can kill these as they aren't that sexy Eximus you are hunting down.

Step 4) Grofit. 7 minutes in, I got one to spawn. I completed this entry  relatively easily.

Completed Entry:

Warframe0166.jpg

Hi @Voltage !
I hope you're fine. Well done for this guide !

Dunno if i'm doing it right, but when i'm in the 4th bountie with purifier and stay quite long time (i've already tried 30 min) i have no more eximus spawning, jugulus or other :( 
Any advice ?

Thanks bro
xo

9 hours ago, ---EG---Kramer said:

Hi @Voltage !
I hope you're fine. Well done for this guide !

Dunno if i'm doing it right, but when i'm in the 4th bountie with purifier and stay quite long time (i've already tried 30 min) i have no more eximus spawning, jugulus or other :( 
Any advice ?

Thanks bro
xo

Same for me? what we can do it better?

please.

Like some other, I'm having close to 0 luck getting it to spawn at all following the method.

I do want to ask if any other eximus is spawning during the bounty phase, I havn't seen anything turn into an eximus for over 30 mins so I went back and restarted bounty,

3 hours ago, Zicos said:

Like some other, I'm having close to 0 luck getting it to spawn at all following the method.

I do want to ask if any other eximus is spawning during the bounty phase, I havn't seen anything turn into an eximus for over 30 mins so I went back and restarted bounty,

what i can tell you, only try to kill the enemies bigger or heavy, lets some alive destroying the purifier, my show up doing this!!!

2 or 3 hours with this strategy and I still havent seen a single Jugulus Eximus.

Edit: + another 4 hours today without result.

Not even normal Infested are spawning as Eximus during bounties. Any idea why that could be?

Edited by Terroriced