Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guide to Scanning The Forbidden Ones (Deimos Jugulus Eximus, Deimos Leaping Thrasher Eximus, Deimos Saxum Eximus, and Mitosid Eximus)

Voltage

Question

Deimos Leaping Thrasher Eximus, Deimos Saxum Eximus, and Mitosid Eximus

The Cambion Drift spawns groups of enemies consisting of one guaranteed Eximus unit. I farmed the above 3 "heavy" Eximus units in Steel Path, but this may not be necessary. Certain spots however have specific heavy unit spawns that I noticed. You can refresh these spawns by flying far away and coming back to it. The reason the Deimos Jugulus Eximus will likely never spawn this way is because there can only be a single enemy in this group spawned as an Eximus, and these are determined before Jugulus spawn as Jugulus spawn when the player is relatively close to the group location and other units spawn when the player is much further away.

Here is the edited map that worked for me:

Spoiler

Map.PNG

Notes: 

• Mitosid Eximus also spawn when starting an Isolation Vault bounty that enters the first cave (closest to the door to the Necralisk).
  • After reading comments and based on my own experience, Cambion Drift cycle should not influence the enemy that spawns here.
  • It seems heavy unit Eximus share these spawns without any specific placement. This may be due to the distance from the gate or some other factor. They are still reliable locations for these enemies.

Deimos Jugulus Eximus:

As you can see by the title, I have figured out how this enemy can spawn reliably. The most unholy enemy is now within our grasp as codex hunters. I must first give credit to @---EG---Kramerfor posting his screenshot in another thread (Source):

Spoiler

177473D1037B1E613A5D4B7A6FDD62986286A503

As you can see by the post, 2 things stuck out to me.

• Enemy level was 34.
  • This spawn was during stage 1 of an above-ground bounty.
    • I saw many posts on the Forums and Reddit showing their spawn in a T3 Arcana Vaults during a Mist Fissure bounty. The screenshot provided by Kramer was the only screenshot I have seen that was not in an Arcana Vault.
    • Note: Since this is stage 1, you can invite others if they need scans as well.

Given this information, I tried to replicate this instance.

Step 1) Start Bounty 4. Yes, not 5, not Arcana, just Bounty 4. I started it inside the Necralisk, however, I cannot confirm whether this matters.

Step 2) Enter the Cambion Drift and keep restarting until your first stage is the Purifier bounty. This is important as this bounty stage has no time limit. 

Step 3) Kill heavy enemies as they spawn. Deimos Jugulus will  spawn (and respawn) around the Purifier. You can kill these as they aren't that sexy Eximus you are hunting down.

Step 4) Grofit. 7 minutes in, I got one to spawn. I completed this entry  relatively easily.

Completed Entry:

Warframe0166.jpg

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 33

The Leaping thrasher, saxum and mitosid eximus seem rather consisten.  
I was flying around the south of the map below Infested Seraglio and Cerebrem Magna. And constantly got a heavy unit.  It didn't took long till I got the last diploid scans I needed.

But I haven't had any luck with the method for jugulus eximus. 4 runs of +30 minutes. Even though normal eximus keep spawning (I estimate I've killed at least 150 in those 4 runs)  
Noticed a general lack of eximus enemies as well.

11 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

But I haven't had any luck with the method for jugulus eximus. 4 runs of +30 minutes. Even though normal eximus keep spawning (I estimate I've killed at least 150 in those 4 runs)  
Noticed a general lack of eximus enemies as well.

I got pretty bad luck too, going as far as stalling out for nearly an hour for the Purifier Bounty and Latrox Une. I've managed to get just one scan of the Deimos Jugulus Eximus while stalling out the Purifier at the Actuary's Pride.

The location matters in terms of the levels of the Infested, coupled with where they spawn near the objective. I'm not sure if using Necramechs will influence the enemy spawns, but the level range also matters in terms of the spawning frequency.

So in an attempt to get these I went ahead and tried to test it via the other bounties and found that they are indeed possible to spawn via ANY of the bounties. The hardest part IMO was actually getting the purifier mission, I believe this depends on the bounty itself where a few may be weighted to do certain types of mission(took me around 30 mins to actually get the purifier mission as the FIRST STAGE).

Anyways, here are the findings,

Proof it can be spawned on T5 bounty, note the 5 missions on the left, was also NOT the first stage, it can be any stage as I just cleared the 2nd stage and the game was about to proceed to the 3rd, enemy level here is was 60:

N4N3Lbm.jpeg

Proof it can be spawned in the lowest level bounty, level of eximus was 17:

OEtMISC.jpg

CAN be raised by Nekros to provide another scan:

wEO4TLt.jpeg

It took me around 20 minutes for the first Jugulus Eximus to spawn in the T1 bounty. Note that I killed every enemy that spawned nearby me and the purifier.

Last thing I would like to mention is, in looking to force the purifier mission for these spawns, I also attempted the mission where you have to destroy 3 infested tumors in order to gain access to a cache(I just like doing it cause it's quick), but this mission seems to always spawn Jugulus enemies once you destroy the 3rd tumor and head to open the cache, there may be a chance that this mission can spawn a Jugulus Eximus as well but I'm unsure(its super quick to do though so almost no downside to test imo).

• Like 2

il y a une heure, zorgpro2013 a dit :

Completely not working with jugulus eximus, i,m catched fourth bounty and the last mission was with purifier,juguluses spawn very-very often, but no EXIMUS,nobody of those 50 juguluses was not EXIMUS! I spend 1 hour on that,no result.

I managed to get 2 jugulus eximus spawns yesterday after 1 hour and 15 minutes mark doing the t3 bounty (purifier), don't give up!

On 2021-03-28 at 4:24 PM, N64Gamefreak said:

Sorry Toady Prime, there's no "Deimos Mitosid Eximus" codex entry.  Better luck next time, but keep up with the stream of edited placeholder posts in Update topics! 😒

Oops! It's just Mitosid Eximus. I edited the OP.

unknown.png

Thanks!

16 hours ago, (PSN)U4Q-Nukester said:

How did you find then

Strictly follow @Voltageinstructions, keep in mind that I spent around 1hr daily on Deimos since this Topic release.

Edit: When Jugulus enemies stop to spawn You should activate the Purifier or check the skies and destroy Genetrix.

Edited by (PSN)Onder6099

On 2021-04-05 at 10:52 AM, zorgpro2013 said:

Completely not working with jugulus eximus, i,m catched fourth bounty and the last mission was with purifier,juguluses spawn very-very often, but no EXIMUS,nobody of those 50 juguluses was not EXIMUS! I spend 1 hour on that,no result.

Eximus are a very low spawn rate, something like a 5% for 1 eximus in an enemy group (outside of other effects).  It can literally take hundreds of spawns for 1 on a rare enemy even under the best / fastest circumstances.  I took a hell of a long time and about 300 spawns to get my first terra jackal eximus spawn, and that's a hell of a lot worse being 1 spawn per 2-3 minutes at best (I lucked out and got the rest of my scans soon after that, but still it sucked).

(02/may/2021) I'm rank 30.

I played on Deimos a lot of times since the deploying in game.

I followed the methode about DEIMOS JUGULS EXIMUS.

I repeated it 3 times per 3 hours without stop , no one spawned.

maybe the difference stay between

fass or vome?

place in the map?

this mob cannot more spawn in cambion drift?

please help,i want populate my codex with this entry

hace 1 hora, W4RF4M3 dijo:

(02/may/2021) I'm rank 30.

I played on Deimos a lot of times since the deploying in game.

I followed the methode about DEIMOS JUGULS EXIMUS.

I repeated it 3 times per 3 hours without stop , no one spawned.

maybe the difference stay between

fass or vome?

place in the map?

this mob cannot more spawn in cambion drift?

please help,i want populate my codex with this entry

I saw it once on the Iso vaults but this method seems to be the best by far.

I was having no luck with the spawns too so I decided to put a cell on the purifier and then more enemies began to spawn so what I did was put 2-3 cells and then if the enemies were calming down I pick another cell but didn't used the purifier. Then if I saw that the enemies where calming down again I would switch cells and repeat until I the only enemies that spawn were "fodder enemies", then I would restart.

AANND im done with Jugulus Eximus 5\5. After hours i understand something:

• Need to kill mobs around Purifier but dont touch it. Bcs it spawn mobs with other lvl scale (etc), origin environment have % to spawn eximus.
  • And  not matter 2nd, 4th or 5th mission, just started Salvage with 1st  step Purifier (possible not necessary ??)

(possible not necessary of 1st step for Purifier??; there is 2nd type  mission where purifier can spawn at 1st, cant remember which one, mb with greneer pic)

PS; i preferred to play solo, Fass. Spawns at first 5~10 minutes, or restart.

Edited by Kacc
  • Like 2

Deimos Jugulus Eximus:

Thanks Voltage, I finally got my last three scans and in 1 missions today.. 12 minutes in and 2 showed up.. I will add something to making it easier to get the "Extract Samples" stage 1 and more chance to get Exi Jug-ears to show up ..  Go in Fass not Vome as the Juggies show up a lot more  in Fass.. Also look for the Salvage bounty as the rotation of the bounties are much better to include the Extract Samples in stage 1.  

Again MUCH appreciation for your research and now I can try to get that last remaining elusive Eximus Jackel which I have never seen as yet .. Damn happy about finishing the Demios Juggie Eximus thou :) 

• Like 1