Corpus Crewship "Riot Shield"

R34LM

Question

So the corpus variant of the crew ship has a shield that blocks all damage and attempts to face the railjack at all times, blocking turrets, ordinance and artillery. I know that it's movement is delayed so you can loop around and shoot the shield from the back and destroy it.

I'm curious: is there a simpler or more expedient way to destroy the shield other than looping around in circles?

14 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Shot the satelite? This satelite is what keeps the shield up.

Worked for me.

You mean the thing that floats around projecting the Shield? That's what I originally meant

1 minute ago, AriaSTG said:

Blackout Pulse the Crewship, it disable them. Tycho missles to take out the ship shields and FA it.

I wasn't sure if blackout pulse actually stopped the Shield from moving around. I'll give it a try

Just now, VoidArkhangel said:

I mean, I always shot the shield from outside and it was always destroyed after a couple of shots

Hasn't worked for me. I know on a similar smaller unit the forward shield doesn't block all damage, so you can brute force it. With the crew ship it appears to block everything 

On 2021-03-22 at 7:48 PM, -Augustus- said:

Equip the new RJ "crit hits can ignore shields" mod and aim center mass on the shield. Eliminates the floating projection bar almost instantly with a high fire rate crit sprayer.

What mod is this and where can I find it?

On 2021-03-24 at 5:37 AM, -skimmer- said:

Just use Galvarc. It goes through the shield and 1-2 direct shots disable the satelite without any circling.

I've also tried to shoot center mass with the Wavebad Disruptor + Galvac on to no avail. It might've got pached so its not longer goes though?

Also Blackout Pulse, Shatter Burst also does not affect the drone, which is so annoying since both does affect the grineer variant's shield arrays on the ship's surface.
The drone stops to move only if the crew ship's Hp drops to zero (disabled), wont stop if its crippled via Blackout Pulse.

Edited by Helraun

The common advice I hear for destroying the Corpus crew ship's 'riot' shield is to swap the pilot turret with a Photor turret (drops from Grineer RJ missions). Due to its innate punch through property, it can bypass the barrier and directly damage the drone without too much hassle. 

• Like 1